Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    For sure. Only issues are
    season would be over for 3/4 teams by half way. Although Might have to prepare better next time
    grounds for extended season. cricket wont budge, upkeep of grounds
    midweek fixtures. In the report NNSW said clubs found it difficult setting up mid week fixtures.
    Cost for clubs for extra games, player payments
    Firstly cricket can go **** themselves, but secondly part of the requirement to have an NPL licence is that they have access to the grounds year round. Surely Northern aren't allowing clubs to stay in the NPL without meeting the criteria. Though how many NPL clubs do share their grounds with cricket? And which ones?

You would hope the teams would prepare better if they knew they had to fight for the entire way bring in promotion/relegation and even those towards the bottom would have to keep fighting.

Yeah additional costs, hopefully they can recoup the cost of hosting, as for player payments, if all clubs have to pay less per game but the same over the year won't have too much of a change, players will still play.

Olympic and Valo have what carpet pitches on the side so I don't see how that can't be worked around as they don't play all weekend there
    The cricket associations tend to claim they need it all weekend even if it is never used.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    I put that one point in for you to have a rant over.

How about you step aside for the others who are in the know.
    Considering 80% of clubs have no issues with cricket and the other 2 don't have that big of an issue then maybe you should bring up some points with some relevance for a change

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Jaffa's Magic Edgy Lakes Azzurri Rosebuds Maitland Weston all have grounds that have **** all to do with cricket

Olympic and Valo have what carpet pitches on the side so I don't see how that can't be worked around as they don't play all weekend there
    Olympic don’t have cricket on their pitch it was gone last season. They played last season with a fixed fence on the far side.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Olympic don’t have cricket on their pitch it was gone last season. They played last season with a fixed fence on the far side.
    The only club who has a cricket pitch at their ground is Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The only club who has a cricket pitch at their ground is Valentine
    And they shouldn’t be in the comp based on a lot of Northern so called criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    And they shouldn’t be in the comp based on a lot of Northern so called criteria.
    Something we finally agree on Johnno

Two Misinformed Individuals

Something we finally agree on Johnno
    So Johnno and Hurricane please tell me about Valentine’s submission. You have obviously both seen it and you can tell us firstly all of the assessment criteria and how they scored in each section. Northern were satisfied with it so please explain their shortcomings. My guess is however neither of you have a clue of Northern’s criteria so probably best you both keep your ignorant and misinformed opinions to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    So Johnno and Hurricane please tell me about Valentine’s submission. You have obviously both seen it and you can tell us firstly all of the assessment criteria and how they scored in each section. Northern were satisfied with it so please explain their shortcomings. My guess is however neither of you have a clue of Northern’s criteria so probably best you both keep your ignorant and misinformed opinions to yourself.
    Not a fenced in ground.
    Shared facility with cricket.
    Can't host night games as lights aren't up to standard so they move to Cahill or The Facility.
    Changerooms are ridiculous
    Where do you want to begin Captain Obvious

Not a fenced in ground.
    Shared facility with cricket.
    Can't host night games as lights aren't up to standard so they move to Cahill or The Facility.
    Changerooms are ridiculous
    Okay so according to Northern’s NPL licence criteria can you please explain to me if those things you mentioned are indeed part of the criteria and if so what percentage they represent? And no, not your opinion of what you believe the criteria to be but the actual criteria as set out by Northern. So many people in this forum believe they know the criteria but I challenge you to contact the person in your club who was responsible for the NPL licence submission and find out what the actual criteria is. You may be surprised that some of you know-it-alls actually don’t know that much at all.

I am not the one in this conversation. You should direct your questions to Captain_Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Okay so according to Northern’s NPL licence criteria can you please explain to me if those things you mentioned are indeed part of the criteria and if so what percentage they represent? And no, not your opinion of what you believe the criteria to be but the actual criteria as set out by Northern. So many people in this forum believe they know the criteria but I challenge you to contact the person in your club who was responsible for the NPL licence submission and find out what the actual criteria is. You may be surprised that some of you know-it-alls actually don’t know that much at all.
    The only thing that matters is if you are accepted into the competition by NNSWF full stop. Don't let them get to you Captain. They probably have no idea of council plans that will see Valentine with not 1 but 2 brand new state of art facilities in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    The only thing that matters is if you are accepted into the competition by NNSWF full stop. Don't let them get to you Captain. They probably have no idea of council plans that will see Valentine with not 1 but 2 brand new state of art facilities in the very near future.
    Well captain I am fully aware of what the criteria is as assisted in completing the submission for the club I am involved with. And as has been stated in this thread there are a number of glaring anomalies that your club does not meet in the main grandstand that can seat 500 people, 200 lux minimum lighting to accommodate night fixtures, a fenced rectangular ground, adequate change rooms to seat minimum 16 people, public amenities that are within the fenced facility, should I go on?

You need a pass out to go to the loo, ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Well captain I am fully aware of what the criteria is as assisted in completing the submission for the club I am involved with. And as has been stated in this thread there are a number of glaring anomalies that your club does not meet in the main grandstand that can seat 500 people, 200 lux minimum lighting to accommodate night fixtures, a fenced rectangular ground, adequate change rooms to seat minimum 16 people, public amenities that are within the fenced facility, should I go on?
    I’m not Captain but will gladly point out you are incorrect on 3 points but hey don’t let the truth get in the way.
    No such thing as Grandstand mentioned in criteria.
    Covered seating for 200✔️
    Rectangular field temporary fence in middle deemed adequate by NNSWF as has been used by Hamilton for many years✔️
    Seating for 16 provided in dressing sheds✔️

Seating for 16 provided in dressing sheds✔️
    Must be 8 in each dressing shed.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Must be 8 in each dressing shed.
    It's a junior ground remember, so you would possibly fit 16 seated 8 year olds in each shed

Very nasty people

Very nasty people
    Come on Bull , do you honestly believe that you can fit 16 seated first grade players in those change rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You need a pass out to go to the loo, ridiculous
    You’d now Red your former club Southy didn’t get a licence for pretty similar deficiencies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Considering 80% of clubs have no issues with cricket and the other 2 don't have that big of an issue then maybe you should bring up some points with some relevance for a change
    Repeat...I put the cricket comment in for you to go mental over. It worked. I knew youd miss the other valid pts after that.

Once again. Step aside and let the real football knowledge take place. Thanks Steptoe.