Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Amateurs running the show NNSW is a disgrace, there is a list of issues a mile long that make this comp a farce
    Can you name a few other then the Jets not taking the Comp seriously and having a bye in the highest comp in our region

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Can you name a few other then the Jets not taking the Comp seriously and having a bye in the highest comp in our region
    And still not being able to tell us the make up of the competition for next season

Ffs, how long do they need to determine the competition make up.
    Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when lakes and azzuri were dumped out in 09, they’ve been making it up as they go.
    3 years ago when they reformatted things they should have had an idea what they wanted and made this known to clubs and helped them meet the criteria. Obviously a 2 tier NPL is what they want. It makes sense. Tell clubs where they stand and if clubs know if they are in the bottom 3 or whatever this year, they are may well be relegated.

Keeping the clubs informed stops said clubs being pissed off when the goalposts continually change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Ffs, how long do they need to determine the competition make up.
    Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when lakes and azzuri were dumped out in 09, they’ve been making it up as they go.
    3 years ago when they reformatted things they should have had an idea what they wanted and made this known to clubs and helped them meet the criteria. Obviously a 2 tier NPL is what they want. It makes sense. Tell clubs where they stand and if clubs know if they are in the bottom 3 or whatever this year, they are may well be relegated.

Keeping the clubs informed stops said clubs being pissed off when the goalposts continually change.
    I listened to the Hunter Football Pod where they had Liam Bentley (operations manager at NNSWF) on and he was talking about the potential structure.

I learnt more in that one conversation that I have ever seen publicized from NNSWF.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I listened to the Hunter Football Pod where they had Liam Bentley (operations manager at NNSWF) on and he was talking about the potential structure.

I learnt more in that one conversation that I have ever seen publicized from NNSWF.
    6 team comp play each other 4 times. Top 4 teams play finals bottom 2 relegated. Would be some comp. 2nd tier has as many team as they can fit in top team promoted next 4 go into a playoff for promotion (so technically have no finals) in 1st grade comp only all others have normal final series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    6 team comp play each other 4 times. Top 4 teams play finals bottom 2 relegated. Would be some comp. 2nd tier has as many team as they can fit in top team promoted next 4 go into a playoff for promotion (so technically have no finals) in 1st grade comp only all others have normal final series.
    oh im in for all of this. imagine the stink the first 'entitled' cub will put up when they get the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Big win for Jaffa’s today.

2-0 against Magic.

Swancott and Bitz were awesome. Virgili was great too, Verity tore his hamstring struggling to keep up with him.

Big win for Jaffa’s today.

2-0 against Magic.

Swancott and Bitz were awesome. Virgili was great too, Verity tore his hamstring struggling to keep up with him.
    Yeah Swancott made a stunning save in the first half from a goalmouth scrap

Thought Jaffas were poor 1st half, but played a good 30mins of foitball in 2nd half and it was enough.

Magic keepers penalty save was good.

Jaffas finish for their 2nd was something indeed. Quality.

Congrats Edgeworth, your closest friends just handed you the comp

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Congrats Edgeworth, your closest friends just handed you the comp
    Don't get carried away. If Jaffas win their game in hand they will be 2 points behind Edgeworth and play them.in the last round.

Maitland 3 Olympic 0
    Valo 3 Edgeworth 1
    Weston 2 Charlestown 2

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Maitland 3 Olympic 0
    Valo 3 Edgeworth 1
    Weston 2 Charlestown 2
    I doubt anyone could have picked the Valo over Edgy result.

I doubt anyone could have picked the Valo over Edgy result.
    Must be hard for NPL teams to play on a community field, laughable really

I saw the field last night after it was rolled and mowed and it looked really good, so not really sure what you are on about

Don't think you can blame the ground , i was out there and the 2 keeper howlers and the send off for the headbutt are what cost Edgeworth today. The headbutt very unusual for someone from one of Zane's teams, as they are usually very well disciplined

It is an absolute embarrassment for the local game and even more to be on tv? I watched their washout against the Buds at Belmont and the ground looked far better the junior ground at Valo. Has anyone ever heard the ground announcer at Valo? Surely there is rules around what and how to announce stuff.

Now that the season is approaching its end, wondering everyone thoughts on who the top coaches are going around. Who has over achieved with their squads, who are the top tier coaches. Zane is obviously right up there, and Weston seem to have done very well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    Now that the season is approaching its end, wondering everyone thoughts on who the top coaches are going around. Who has over achieved with their squads, who are the top tier coaches. Zane is obviously right up there, and Weston seem to have done very well this year.
    the Next A-league coach for me

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    the Next A-league coach for me
    In response to the above three threads Valoground is an embarrassment watched game and people watching from afar saying how bad it was not a good promotion for the league. Ground announcing everywhere is poor. As for Coaches top 3.
    1. Zane
    2. Jaliens
    3. Pascoe

All those coaches have developed squads. Can’t come at coaches who just buy players that’s not coaching I especially put Bolch, Zadkovich & Tanchevski in this box.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    In response to the above three threads Valoground is an embarrassment watched game and people watching from afar saying how bad it was not a good promotion for the league. Ground announcing everywhere is poor. As for Coaches top 3.
    1. Zane
    2. Jaliens
    3. Pascoe

All those coaches have developed squads. Can’t come at coaches who just buy players that’s not coaching I especially put Bolch, Zadkovich & Tanchevski in this box.
    Surely Pascoe was a typo, he has had one of the best squads for years and has 1 GF win to show for it. I’m hard pressed to figure out who he has developed, there are plenty of names in that squad who have been bought in from other clubs or former jets youth and such. I will admit there are a few names I don’t know in the squad so they maybe some youth developed. Happy to be told I’m wrong, but I have seen him as one of the underachieving coaches for the squad he has had..