Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    The super coach trying to buy a title again.
    Isn't that what they all do? Very few players are only in it for the love at this level.

Magic will need more then walker and smart after loosing Oxbarrow, be interesting to see how walker goes, he deserves to be in a winning team after being extremely loyal to Lakes and standing out in a poor club, just not sure whose going to provide the assists to him, Oxbarrow would have been perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Really? Whilst I am not surprised that someone from Magic's attack had to move on after recruiting Walker & Hoole, I hnoestly thought it would have been Brymora as he has been the least impressive of the lot.

A Magic front 3 of Walker, Virgili and Bradbury would have been absolutely brutal trying to contain. Especially with Maj & Carrol off the bench.

But if Bradbury does go to Jaffas they'll have a front 3 of Crowley, Pettit & Bradbury.

It's going to be fun for NPL defences next year.
    Yes very interesting.
    I would go

Bradbury. Maj. Virgili

Walker. Hoole.

Kantarovski

Virgili Griffiths. Smart. M Hoole

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Magic will need more then walker and smart after loosing Oxbarrow, be interesting to see how walker goes, he deserves to be in a winning team after being extremely loyal to Lakes and standing out in a poor club, just not sure whose going to provide the assists to him, Oxbarrow would have been perfect
    I think Walker will definitely get help from his wide guys. Late in the season teams were looking to shut down Virgili in order to stifle Magic as there wasn't a great deal of goal scoring threat elsewhere. If he'd have had a Crowley, Smith or Walker centrally last year I think they'd have won the comp again.

I think Walker will definitely get help from his wide guys. Late in the season teams were looking to shut down Virgili in order to stifle Magic as there wasn't a great deal of goal scoring threat elsewhere. If he'd have had a Crowley, Smith or Walker centrally last year I think they'd have won the comp again.
    Disagree big time .
    They already have a perfect 9 and if the ball got across to him they would have finished on top ..
    To me the magic wingers a very selfish..
    And would rather shoot the pass

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Disagree big time .
    They already have a perfect 9 and if the ball got across to him they would have finished on top ..
    To me the magic wingers a very selfish..
    And would rather shoot the pass
    Who’s the perfect 9?

They had the best team in the comp and scraped into 4th place. They also scored the most goals in the comp , so it had nothing to do with not scoring enough goals.
    When was the last time Magic won the premiership, not the Gf, because they have never been the nnsw representative at seasons end. The 6 years of inception have been
    Maitland 2019
    Edgeworth 2018
    Edgeworth 2017
    Edgeworth 2016
    Edgeworth 2015
    Weston 2014, although Jets won the comp.
    So neither Magic , Olympic or Jaffas have won the premiership for at least 6 years,

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    They had the best team in the comp and scraped into 4th place. They also scored the most goals in the comp , so it had nothing to do with not scoring enough goals.
    When was the last time Magic won the premiership, not the Gf, because they have never been the nnsw representative at seasons end. The 6 years of inception have been
    Maitland 2019
    Edgeworth 2018
    Edgeworth 2017
    Edgeworth 2016
    Edgeworth 2015
    Weston 2014, although Jets won the comp.
    So neither Magic , Olympic or Jaffas have won the premiership for at least 6 years,
    A lot of $$$ spent at those three clubs over that time for zero premierships!!!

Even more at the ones that did win it

Don't think anyone has spent more $$$ then $neddo at the jaffas forever

They have lost more than Oxborrow, throw in Bradbury ,Piddington and Broadley retired and uncertainty around John Griff playing again with heart issue and that's 5 of their starting side gone

Don't think anyone has spent more $$$ then $neddo at the jaffas forever
    Juniors don't deem to be coming through there
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    The Charlestown coach Tancheski is a case where the club sacked a coach that had agreed to terms from what we read in the paper, which should not be allowed either without compensation or agreed terms of release.
    Tancheski shouldn't have signed the contract without these terms in them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    The super coach trying to buy a title again.
    Pot kettle black

Only the pies from that list.

Who’s the perfect 9?
    John Maj
    Get the ball to him and he will put them away more consistently then Sam walker will

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Only the pies from that list.
    Money well spent with the season they have had then

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    John Maj
    Get the ball to him and he will put them away more consistently then Sam walker will
    Agree, Maj is the best 9 in the comp for magic's squad

Money well spent with the season they have had then
    Probably right. But still don’t get spending well in excess of $100K to win $10K.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Probably right. But still don’t get spending well in excess of $100K to win $10K.
    Every club in the top 6 plus Valo spent over $100k this year Johnno, if you don't think that then you are delusional. And Hamilton probably the same.
    Edgeworth and Maitland both got the best bang for their buck.
    Edgy would have made 10k for winning gf and from what i hear made 50k against Jets.
    Maitland 10k for winning premiership and nearly 40k from Mariners game from what i hear