Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

All self inflicted for Charlestown Blues City Azzurri Highfields Wolves FC.
    Time and time again politics and egos undermine success.
    Hard to sympathise when the same thing happens time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    All self inflicted for Charlestown Blues City Azzurri Highfields Wolves FC.
    Time and time again politics and egos undermine success.
    Hard to sympathise when the same thing happens time and time again.
    Is it time for northern to step in?

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    Didn't the same thing (politics) happen with Nick Webb at Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    You have to kidding Football, as if. If they stepped in more often their decision on who to have in the comp would be far easier, they just don't get it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Wow, this is really getting bad, I hope Law is smart enough to work out NEW FM players aren't the answer to replace those walking out
    Honestly I hope Law is smart enough to walk away. Why would anyone want the job, from what I know, still two parties fighting for control of committee, which ever party wins will still have the other party sniping away, this is a long way from being settled

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Makes it easy for Zane since he doesn’t have a job
    Yeah I know, and I’m sure other coaches would love the time that affords Zane

But they don’t and he does take full advantage, so kudos to Zane, et alios capiunt

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Honestly I hope Law is smart enough to walk away. Why would anyone want the job, from what I know, still two parties fighting for control of committee, which ever party wins will still have the other party sniping away, this is a long way from being settled
    I can't imagine many players or coaches will be rushing to sign up for Azzurri at the moment.

I cant seeing Jaffas turning this deficit around. Yeah they have the players but pressure will tell. 3-1 Edgy

Magic Maitland take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I cant seeing Jaffas turning this deficit around. Yeah they have the players but pressure will tell. 3-1 Edgy

Magic Maitland take your pick.
    Jaffas to be over the line leading 3-0 in the 88th minute only for a dodgy penalty call to Edgy to lose 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Jaffas to be over the line leading 3-0 in the 88th minute only for a dodgy penalty call to Edgy to lose 3-1
    With Evans back, I doubt Jaffa’s will get 3 shots on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Speaking about this year Hurra no Jobe no Griffs x2 and I may have been around a bit longer than you but talk to Kanta, Remo and Pawiak and ask who developed them at the Jets. As for Kennedy has played one game. You serious can’t put the other three muppets in front of him. Any how’s his 3rd by a bit. What Zaney has continually done and what Kew has done this year put them well in front for coach of the year.
    Kew did well to run 5th . Pascoe gone, but he will be fine for next year with the 10s of thousands he has spent on players for next year.

Speaking about this year Hurra no Jobe no Griffs x2 and I may have been around a bit longer than you but talk to Kanta, Remo and Pawiak and ask who developed them at the Jets. As for Kennedy has played one game. You serious can’t put the other three muppets in front of him. Any how’s his 3rd by a bit. What Zaney has continually done and what Kew has done this year put them well in front for coach of the year.
    Now that the season is all most dusted, to mine Johnno, coach of the year between Bolch and Zane, with Kew a mentionable without being able to make semi final football.
    Bolch in second year at Maitland has turned them around from a pub team, to a team who this year have qualified for the final 32cin ffa cup, won the club's first ever premiership and is one game away from Maitland's first ever appearance in a grand final.
    Zane has just qualified his side for a 5th straight grand final appearance incredible, plus made the round of 16 in the ffa cup.
    Possibly, if Maitland make the grand final, whoever wins it may get coach of the year

Banned
    Insipid Jaffas not even close. Edgy deserve their gf shot

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Now that the season is all most dusted, to mine Johnno, coach of the year between Bolch and Zane, with Kew a mentionable without being able to make semi final football.
    Bolch in second year at Maitland has turned them around from a pub team, to a team who this year have qualified for the final 32cin ffa cup, won the club's first ever premiership and is one game away from Maitland's first ever appearance in a grand final.
    Zane has just qualified his side for a 5th straight grand final appearance incredible, plus made the round of 16 in the ffa cup.
    Possibly, if Maitland make the grand final, whoever wins it may get coach of the year
    Can’t disagree Hurra. Between Zane’s & Bloch both have done a great job, but I think you need to look who has developed players and brought them through and gave them opportunities to who hasn’t and relied on bringing players from other clubs to the club. Zane wins.

Can’t disagree Hurra. Between Zane’s & Bloch both have done a great job, but I think you need to look who has developed players and brought them through and gave them opportunities to who hasn’t and relied on bringing players from other clubs to the club. Zane wins.
    Every coach brings players from other clubs Johnno.
    No difference for either of thesr coaches either, on balance Bolch has a similar squad with the addition of Wood Davies Cowburn. Not a big turnover of players realistically, and i believe young Thompson and Thomas have improved immensely this year, agreed last season bought 5 or 6 with him from Olympic.
    While Zane has done brilliant with young players, he has also bought plenty to the club. If you look at this year he has added Fabrizio, Oliver Smith ,Cavalieri, Gardner to his group. Then in last couple of years he has bought Josh Evans ,Josh Rose , McBreen, Byrnes , Saunders all to the club .
    Just an example of all clubs and coaches do the same thing Johnno , not just Tanch Bolch and Zads.
    But i agree with you that Zane is the best coach in the comp especially at bringing youth through the grades

Every coach brings players from other clubs Johnno.
    No difference for either of thesr coaches either, on balance Bolch has a similar squad with the addition of Wood Davies Cowburn. Not a big turnover of players realistically, and i believe young Thompson and Thomas have improved immensely this year, agreed last season bought 5 or 6 with him from Olympic.
    While Zane has done brilliant with young players, he has also bought plenty to the club. If you look at this year he has added Fabrizio, Oliver Smith ,Cavalieri, Gardner to his group. Then in last couple of years he has bought Josh Evans ,Josh Rose , McBreen, Byrnes , Saunders all to the club .
    Just an example of all clubs and coaches do the same thing Johnno , not just Tanch Bolch and Zads.
    But i agree with you that Zane is the best coach in the comp especially at bringing youth through the grades
    NPL football is franchise football, there is no club and no community support, hence transient squads and no supporters, barring mums and dads. It’s coach merry go round, samevrubbish just a different colour. For example , Jaffa’s have no zero home ground players, zero local support, except for the bbq chef

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    NPL football is franchise football, there is no club and no community support, hence transient squads and no supporters, barring mums and dads. It’s coach merry go round, samevrubbish just a different colour. For example , Jaffa’s have no zero home ground players, zero local support, except for the bbq chef
    Same with several clubs. Lakes next to no crowd. Valo the same. And some poor crowds at Maitland at times. Not so much second half of the season. Charlestown same.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Same with several clubs. Lakes next to no crowd. Valo the same. And some poor crowds at Maitland at times. Not so much second half of the season. Charlestown same.
    You might as well also throw in Adamstown Lambton . So that's over half of the competition. Weston have been poor for years, but were a lot better this season with some success.
    Really only Edgeworth Magic and Olympic, but i would also say that Magic and Olympic crowds have declined in the past 2 or 3 sessons

You might as well also throw in Adamstown Lambton . So that's over half of the competition. Weston have been poor for years, but were a lot better this season with some success.
    Really only Edgeworth Magic and Olympic, but i would also say that Magic and Olympic crowds have declined in the past 2 or 3 sessons
    Agree fully, I only named those with smaller crowds but all crowds down. Jaffa’s arguably the worst crowd numbers. Hard to say how much of that has to do with games being televised and how much to do with clubs changing and losing community support
    Last edited by hamburgler; 07-09-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Agree fully, I only named those with smaller crowds but all crowds down. Jaffa’s arguably the worst crowd numbers. Hard to say how much of that has to do with games being televised and how much to do with clubs changing and losing community support
    Agree with all the comments in this thread regarding crowds. Magic and Olympic have the largest crowds due to their ethnic backgrounds something FFA &NNSWF we’re trying to stamp out. Crowds are down in football at NPL and New FM seriously I don’t know how they survive. It’s followed on from A League trend. Not big numbers watching on Bar though I’d say these are more the football purists who can’t get to every game rather than a particular clubs supporters. Not good signs.