Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Does anyone know of a start date for Npl next year or when a draw is released.
    I have heard of quite a few changes for next season, with the semi final series changing back to a top 5 format, plus i have also heard that the 18's and reserve comps will be allowed to make 5 substitutions instead of the usual 3. Thoughts on this everyone
    7/8 March i believe
    You are correct regarding subs from what i understand

5 subs per game, might as well have unlimited interchange.
    this is meant to be our premier comp, FFS.....these roosters(not allowed to call them cocks) running our game need to leave.....

Hang on ..
    is it being able to have 5 on the bench or 5 replacements??
    i have heard extended bench not interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Hang on ..
    is it being able to have 5 on the bench or 5 replacements??
    i have heard extended bench not interchange.
    Same substitution rules as it always has been. But now you can make 5 substitutions per match instead of 3.
    Have also heard they have extended 18's and 20's games from 80 minutes to 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Wasn’t there some sort of rumours that Matt Thompson and Ryan Clarke we’re heading to azzuri with Rhys Thompson etc?
    Heard the same, whether its true or tongue in cheek is another thing. The Azzurri referenced in this talk is the REAL (and only) Azzurri, from Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Have also heard they have extended 18's and 20's games from 80 minutes to 90 minutes.
    About bloody time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Heard the same, whether its true or tongue in cheek is another thing. The Azzurri referenced in this talk is the REAL (and only) Azzurri, from Hamilton.
    Talking of Hamilton, I see Olympic are now calling them self “Newcastle Olympic”. Dropped the Hamilton. Makes them sound bigger. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Talking of Hamilton, I see Olympic are now calling them self “Newcastle Olympic”. Dropped the Hamilton. Makes them sound bigger. Good idea.
    Hopefully the change of name improves their results. Been way below par for the last few seasons. Extremely disappointing this year