Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Do these grades have pro/rel?
    Or do Jets have to reapply to move grades each year if they are any good?
    It's not nnsw, of course they have promotion and relegation

The NSW NPL2 Youth is really a combined 3 and 4 division. The Seniors are divided into 4 divisions of 12 clubs, but the youth has 2 divisions of 24. So both seniors and youth in bottom divisions. I assume all Jets home games will be played at away venues in Sydney. That will be tough to travel every week and playing 3/4th rate teams.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    The NSW NPL2 Youth is really a combined 3 and 4 division. The Seniors are divided into 4 divisions of 12 clubs, but the youth has 2 divisions of 24. So both seniors and youth in bottom divisions. I assume all Jets home games will be played at away venues in Sydney. That will be tough to travel every week and playing 3/4th rate teams.
    Should only be 1 year right? Maybe not, there'll be a few physical teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    NPL 4?
    Top quality football for the boys
    They have to earn their spot, if NPL4 is too much below them they should dominate next season. If they don't then they are probably playing at their level

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Do these grades have pro/rel?
    Or do Jets have to reapply to move grades each year if they are any good?
    Of course, Northern is pretty much the only state federation that doesn't have it in their highest levels.

FNSW go one better and separate the Youth and the Seniors for promotion, youth have a club championship so promotion and relegation for the youth is based on the performance of those four teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    FNSW go one better and separate the Youth and the Seniors for promotion, youth have a club championship so promotion and relegation for the youth is based on the performance of those four teams.
    cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

QLD lions a class above. 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    QLD lions a class above. 2-0
    Maitland would have needed to be at full strength to compete with QLD Lions. Given Edgeworth's form at seasons end, they probably would have been greater opposition. Although Maitland earned their opportunity and credit to them for an outstanding season.
    Queensland NPL probably has the strongest group of top 5 clubs atm in Australia.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Herqld article yesterday about Lundy signing with Weston , then reneging and signing for Azzurri.
    Seems to be happening on a regular basis these days.
    I noticed David Eland commenting about they would only register professional contracts.
    Well hang on a minute David, to register a professional contract a player must be on a minimum of $5200/year ( or paid a minimum of $100/ week for 52 weeks ).
    We are an amateur/ semi professional league at best. How are clubs meant to lodge player contracts guaranteeing players money when they may not even play.
    Surely northern can come up with a contract whereas if a player signs a contract with a club guaranteeing said player a spot in a clubs 20 man pps roster, than said player is contracted to that club for the entire season unless the club signs a release.
    How many clubs get caught nowadays , paying a players registration up front only for little Johnny to leave after 6 weeks and the club is $1000 out of pocket because you can't chase said player for the money owed

Surely there is a better system.

Player's need to honour their word and contract.
    I can think of in the last 12 months alone,
    Cody Carrol signed with Olympic reneged and played with Magic
    Marcus Duncan signed with Jaffas reneged and played with Olympic
    Lundy signed with Weston reneged signed with Azzurri

Here we go, blaming NNSWF again, how about clubs grow some balls and don’t sign the clearance and players get their head out of their arses and realise their not that good, it’s not always northerns fault, the situation of only accepting pro contracts had been in place for many a year

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the Herqld article yesterday about Lundy signing with Weston , then reneging and signing for Azzurri.
    I noticed David Eland commenting about they would only register professional contracts.
    Well hang on a minute David, to register a professional contract a player must be on a minimum of $5200/year ( or paid a minimum of $100/ week for 52 weeks ).
    We are an amateur/ semi professional league at best. How are clubs meant to lodge player contracts guaranteeing players money when they may not even play.
    Surely northern can come up with a contract whereas if a player signs a contract with a club guaranteeing said player a spot in a clubs 20 man pps roster, than said player is contracted to that club for the entire season unless the club signs a release.
    How many clubs get caught nowadays , paying a players registration up front only for little Johnny to leave after 6 weeks and the club is $1000 out of pocket because you can't chase said player for the money owed

You are right, players and people, in general, need to honour their word. Lundy's reputation is now tarnished IMO because of this. And people have long, long memories. People forget it takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to ruin it.

As for your idea FR, I agree if put into the agreement the player signs that the club won't release them until the pro-rata fee is paid back to the club for the expenses incurred by the player to play at the club. This fee should be less than their wages IMO. Not hard for the clubs to write this in and it means that players can't go around trashing the club because the player signed the agreement.

I just noticed as part of this article that Jarryd Sutherland has signed for Weston.

Is there a central location that shows player movements?

Here we go, blaming NNSWF again, how about clubs grow some balls and donÂ’t sign the clearance and players get their head out of their arses and realise their not that good, itÂ’s not always northerns fault, the situation of only accepting pro contracts had been in place for many a year
    After a certain period now I think 7 days the transfer goes through. As far as I know there is nothing clubs can do to stop a player transferring, although there is a rule that they can only play with 2 clubs in any 1 season or something like that. I think that NNSW could do the whole comp a favour by making clubs submit player and coaching agreements for all in the top 20. May assist in keeping player payments down and making clubs not have agreements that make them spend beyond their means. I know clubs will fudge the numbers then players are told that only the money/conditions within in the agreement can be sought should a club cut them or not pay them etc. The Charlestown coach Tancheski is a case where the club sacked a coach that had agreed to terms from what we read in the paper, which should not be allowed either without compensation or agreed terms of release. The NPL is big numbers these day's I believe it is time our governing body took control of it a bit. MAybe even publicly release the figures, wouldnt the ATO and the parents of little Johnny love that. It might be a bit of tough love but it needs to stop somewhere, its a huge reason why kids rego fees are so high.

Here we go, blaming NNSWF again, how about clubs grow some balls and don’t sign the clearance and players get their head out of their arses and realise their not that good, it’s not always northerns fault, the situation of only accepting pro contracts had been in place for many a year
    I don't know how it worked when you were involved with Southy FR , but clubs have no rites in releasing players anymore. If a player wants to leave a club he just has to go online and deregister from his club, sign for a new club, and he is free to begin playing for his new club after 7 days.
    Whether he owes his original club rego fees or whatever, this doesn't matter, he is free to just start playing with a new club.

I don't know how it worked when you were involved with Southy FR , but clubs have no rites in releasing players anymore. If a player wants to leave a club he just has to go online and deregister from his club, sign for a new club, and he is free to begin playing for his new club after 7 days.
    Whether he owes his original club rego fees or whatever, this doesn't matter, he is free to just start playing with a new club.
    Partly correct, but I'm pretty sure Northern still have to press the button as you would say. Clubs can go to Northern and state there case as why he should not be released if they want, but in the end if you want out, don't owe anything your free to go.
    In the end, a mans word is a mans word or a handshake is a deal, that seems to have gone out the window.

Whoa, whoa whoa. Let’s not expect too much out of Northern and their leader unless their is a ribbon to be cut or photo opp to be had

Jaffas 2020

Ins - Mitch Oxborrow (Magic), Scott Pettit (Olympic), Riley McNaughton (Azzuri), Jayden Barber (Roosters)

Outs - Josh Sutton, Brock Messenger, James Pendrigh.

This on top of a hopefully much lighter injury list should put Jaffas in a good position for Top 4.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...paign/?cs=6188

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Jaffas 2020

Ins - Mitch Oxborrow (Magic), Scott Pettit (Olympic), Riley McNaughton (Azzuri), Jayden Barber (Roosters)

This on top of a hopefully much lighter injury list should put Jaffas in a good position for Top 4.

Have also heard Bradbury to Jaffas

Have also heard Bradbury to Jaffas
    Really? Whilst I am not surprised that someone from Magic's attack had to move on after recruiting Walker & Hoole, I hnoestly thought it would have been Brymora as he has been the least impressive of the lot.

A Magic front 3 of Walker, Virgili and Bradbury would have been absolutely brutal trying to contain. Especially with Maj & Carrol off the bench.

But if Bradbury does go to Jaffas they'll have a front 3 of Crowley, Pettit & Bradbury.

It's going to be fun for NPL defences next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Jaffas 2020

The super coach trying to buy a title again.