Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    And 4 others in the squad! Alton has it right! 6 from Olympic. Does Maitland Olynpic offend less?
    Not offended at all burgler. Good recruiting, all left Olympic not wanted and are now part of a club heading for semi final football . Where are Olympic and the ex jets / mariners youth coming on the table.

will northern take action against maitland for their supporters entering the field to celebrate their goals?

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    will northern take action against maitland for their supporters entering the field to celebrate their goals?
    They definitely should as have previously but I bet you they won’t sorry to say Magpies still have pub league culture even through Winx odds to now win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    They definitely should as have previously but I bet you they won’t sorry to say Magpies still have pub league culture even through Winx odds to now win the league.
    Can you give us any examples of northern taking action against other clubs for supporters entering the field celebrating goals as you state Johnno

Johnno and his hatred for Maitland. I am sure their culture is just a touch above pub league Johnno. Have just hosted a great ffa cup leg with nearly 3,000 attending and are currently top of the league. Maybe give the club some credit for where they have gotten to since promotion 5 odd years ago. Here's hoping they go on and win their first premiership in 50 years and silence you

I don't understand why people would care if supporters jump the fence if it didn't hurt or affect anyone. The supporters simply jumped the fence celebrated and jumped back over. I enjoyed watching the players interact with the supporters. It shows the players and supporters care, and it means something to them.

People nitpicking this are the social justice warriors that are screwing around with the world for the littlest thing. Surely we can move on.

What’s wrong with “Pub League Culture”???

Oh and if you think that NNSW NPL isn’t a Pub League with a glorified title then you are a little delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Olympic 3-0 up against Magic after 21mins.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I don't understand why people would care if supporters jump the fence if it didn't hurt or affect anyone.
    Jumping the fence is the gateway drug to ripping flares and organised pre-match punch ups.
    Think of the children etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I don't understand why people would care if supporters jump the fence if it didn't hurt or affect anyone. The supporters simply jumped the fence celebrated and jumped back over. I enjoyed watching the players interact with the supporters. It shows the players and supporters care, and it means something to them.

People nitpicking this are the social justice warriors that are screwing around with the world for the littlest thing. Surely we can move on.
    If the players are delaying the restart of play (assuming this wasn't at the end of the game), then it slows down play, it shortens time and is a type of time wasting.

Also don't use the term social justice warrior if you don't know what it means. Just makes you look like an old man who heard about the term 2 years after it fell out of fashion.

What about all the negativity and haters on here. We have the closest finals race in 20 years. It is great viewing at the moment.
    Who would have thought at the start of the year,with 2 rounds remaining , we would see Maitland leading the comp and Magic sitting in 6th, albeit only 5 points off 1st place.
    Some huge games in the make up of semi final spots next weekend with Edgeworth players Weston and Lambton playing Charlestown. Loses could miss semis altogether

Agreed! What an end to a fantastic season!

What's everyone's predictions for the remaining matches and who finishes in the top 4?

Rd 21
    Magic Win vs Jets yth
    Maitland Win vs Adamstown
    Edgeworth Win vs Weston
    Jaffas/ Azzurri Draw

Weston's season is basically on the line vs Edgy this week. Even a draw likely not enough to make the semis.
    Jaffas haven't lost at home for who knows how long, can't see them losing at home to Azzurri.
    Maitland and Magic to get gimme's

Rd 22
    Jaffas Win vs Edgeworth
    Maitland Win vs Jets yth
    Magic Win vs Azzurri
    Weston Win vs Lake Macq

Huge week of games that will decide the final make up.
    Edgy will be doing it tough with FFA cup and pressure games. After beating Weston should know they are good for semis without extending themselves too much. Jaffas to pinch a result.
    Biggest game though will be at Magic park. Whoever wins this game makes the semi's. A draw is not good enough for either team. Magic to get a result in front of their home crowd.
    Maitland and Weston have gimme's

Final table
    Maitland 43
    Edgeworth 38
    Jaffas 38
    Magic 38

Weston 37
    Azzurri 36
    Last edited by Aegon; 12-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Rd 21
    Magic Win vs Jets yth
    Edgeworth Win vs Weston
    Jaffas/ Azzurri Draw

Weston's season is basically on the line vs Edgy this week. Even a draw likely not enough to make the semis.
    Jaffas haven't lost at home for who knows how long, can't see them losing at home to Azzurri.

Rd 22
    Jaffas Win vs Edgeworth
    Maitland Win vs Jets yth
    Magic Win vs Azzurri
    Weston Win vs Lake Macq

Edgy will be doing it tough with FFA cup and pressure games. After beating Weston should know they are good for semis without extending themselves too much. Jaffas to pinch a result.
    Biggest game though will be at Magic park. Whoever wins this game makes the semi's. A draw is not good enough for either team. Magic to get a result in front of their home crowd.

Final table
    Maitland 43
    Edgeworth 38
    Jaffas 38
    Magic 38

Weston 37
    Azzurri 36
    Yeah, I agree with this. The only spanner in the works is the jets yth and what team they put for the final 2 games. they can have a real impact if they put out strong teams.

Yeah, I agree with this. The only spanner in the works is the jets yth and what team they put for the final 2 games. they can have a real impact if they put out strong teams.
    I don't think they will be overly strong. They play Edgeworth in the ffa cup next Wednesday or the one after, so Langois, Thurgate etc will be with 1st grade you would guess

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Rd 21
    Magic Win vs Jets yth
    Edgeworth Win vs Weston
    Jaffas/ Azzurri Draw

Rd 22
    Jaffas Win vs Edgeworth
    Maitland Win vs Jets yth
    Magic Win vs Azzurri
    Weston Win vs Lake Macq

Final table
    Maitland 43
    Edgeworth 38
    Jaffas 38
    Magic 38

Weston 37
    Azzurri 36
    Azzurri are at home this weekend I believe?

https://www.facebook.com/18128693523...1323&sfns=xmwa

Ten teams again next season
    No promotion/relegation
    And all teams remain where they are

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

No promotion/relegation
    lol once again. It's happened how many times now with no change.

Oh wait - there is reserve grade now. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

No promotion/relegation
    Fantastic result for everyone except all the naysayers

Can’t believe after so long of a review they have essentially decided to do nothing.

I feel so sorry for the NL1 teams that went through the effort of applying for the NPL license to be told in the end, thanks, but we’ve decided to leave it as is for a little while.