Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 781 to 800 of 800

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

  1. #781
    Not that NNSW will enact on the promotion relegation thingy end of next year but is it possible to go down when not finishing last?

    Im sure financials could be a cause but this criteria seems to controversial to throw a team down.

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Iím not Captain but will gladly point out you are incorrect on 3 points but hey donít let the truth get in the way.
    No such thing as Grandstand mentioned in criteria.
    Covered seating for 200✔️
    Rectangular field temporary fence in middle deemed adequate by NNSWF as has been used by Hamilton for many years✔️
    Seating for 16 provided in dressing sheds✔️
    Sorry for being a bit pedantic, but you said you would point out 3 incorrect points. It looks like only the 500 seat grandstand as opposed to the 200 covered seating is a point of difference. What are the other 2 issues? Rectangular fence and 16 seat change room/dressing shed sounded the same to me.

  3. #783
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Youíd now Red your former club Southy didnít get a licence for pretty similar deficiencies
    Incorrect, got relegated through lack of points and you didnít need a pass out to piss

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Sorry for being a bit pedantic, but you said you would point out 3 incorrect points. It looks like only the 500 seat grandstand as opposed to the 200 covered seating is a point of difference. What are the other 2 issues? Rectangular fence and 16 seat change room/dressing shed sounded the same to me.
    Quote from Johnno - ''a number of glaring anomalies that your club does not meet in the main grandstand that can seat 500 people, 200 lux minimum lighting to accommodate night fixtures, a fenced rectangular ground, adequate change rooms to seat minimum 16 people''

    Grandstand is completely incorrect & not meeting criteria on other 2 is also incorrect.
    I can assure there is 16 per dressing room with hooks above, visitors room granted is a little small but the criteria is met on this point. ✔️
    NNSWF said they would accept portable fencing down the middle and class it as rectangular fenced field so criteria met on this one as well. ✔️
    Hope this clears up any confusion.
    Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks NNSWF have the rubber stamp,
    I am hearing that 2020 will possibly be the last season out of this venue with work on the new grounds and facilities most likely commencing at the end of the season. You all would understand with this being imminent the club is very reluctant to invest in a structure that soon will be demolished. Yes lights are an issue now but will be remedied with new works.

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Quote from Johnno - ''a number of glaring anomalies that your club does not meet in the main grandstand that can seat 500 people, 200 lux minimum lighting to accommodate night fixtures, a fenced rectangular ground, adequate change rooms to seat minimum 16 people''

    Grandstand is completely incorrect & not meeting criteria on other 2 is also incorrect.
    I can assure there is 16 per dressing room with hooks above, visitors room granted is a little small but the criteria is met on this point. ✔️
    NNSWF said they would accept portable fencing down the middle and class it as rectangular fenced field so criteria met on this one as well. ✔️
    Hope this clears up any confusion.
    Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks NNSWF have the rubber stamp,
    I am hearing that 2020 will possibly be the last season out of this venue with work on the new grounds and facilities most likely commencing at the end of the season. You all would understand with this being imminent the club is very reluctant to invest in a structure that soon will be demolished. Yes lights are an issue now but will be remedied with new works.
    Fair enough. I was reading it as a disagreement on the list of criteria rather than whether or not they met the criteria.
    Not for me to judge if ground is satisfactory, but hope it is or at least improves as well as performances across all grades. The competition needs strong all round teams to keep improving, and help rather than criticism to get or keep all teams up there.

  6. #786
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    451
    The criteria thing is rubbish, team's in every division should be promoted and relegated by what happens on the park. Just like everywhere else around the world. It should be up to councils and NNSW to provide facilities for clubs that Earn the right to play top division football.

  7. #787
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    The only thing that matters is if you are accepted into the competition by NNSWF full stop. Don't let them get to you Captain. They probably have no idea of council plans that will see Valentine with not 1 but 2 brand new state of art facilities in the very near future.
    Well put them in the comp in the very near future. We all know how Council work, very near future could be any time in the next 50years

  8. #788
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The criteria thing is rubbish, team's in every division should be promoted and relegated by what happens on the park. Just like everywhere else around the world. It should be up to councils and NNSW to provide facilities for clubs that Earn the right to play top division football.
    Half right, as for NNSW and Council providing facilities to clubs, you have to be joking, that's the clubs responsibility. Look at Edgeworth, they have taken a community facility to the next level and Magic have developed a facility from scratch. How ironic the clubs achieving off the field are also doing it on the field.

  9. #789
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Well put them in the comp in the very near future. We all know how Council work, very near future could be any time in the next 50years
    Direct from the council website "Works are expected to commence in 2018-19." we are only 2 years behind schedule Stanley, have faith brother.

  10. #790
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Half right, as for NNSW and Council providing facilities to clubs, you have to be joking, that's the clubs responsibility. Look at Edgeworth, they have taken a community facility to the next level and Magic have developed a facility from scratch. How ironic the clubs achieving off the field are also doing it on the field.
    Agree and disagree here Stanley. Definite kudos to Edgeworth and Magic for what they have done. But what has been done at other clubs where councils have built grandstands etc.
    Weston , Lake Macquarie, recently Adamstown, what has changed at these grounds in 30 years ??

  11. #791
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Half right, as for NNSW and Council providing facilities to clubs, you have to be joking, that's the clubs responsibility. Look at Edgeworth, they have taken a community facility to the next level and Magic have developed a facility from scratch. How ironic the clubs achieving off the field are also doing it on the field.
    Sure the club committees put in the hard work, but essentially councils provide maintenance on grounds and facilities on lots of grounds. There is more to nnsw football then edgeworth and magic

  12. #792
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Sure the club committees put in the hard work, but essentially councils provide maintenance on grounds and facilities on lots of grounds. There is more to nnsw football then edgeworth and magic
    Council hasn' t supplied a bag of fertiliser at Magic Park since the first season of the W League back in 2008, and that was to repair damage their workers had done top dressing the ground and gouging the field with their drag mat prior to the girls kicking off... must have been a sign for the Super Cars to come... adding to that... Council has never even changed a washer at Magic Park... dont bring Magic into conversations about councils providing for the football community. It is insulting to our club volunteers.

  13. #793
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The criteria thing is rubbish, team's in every division should be promoted and relegated by what happens on the park. Just like everywhere else around the world. It should be up to councils and NNSW to provide facilities for clubs that Earn the right to play top division football.
    Council, at least in LM, are very proscritive about what clubs can and can't do on Council owned land. Having sat on a club committee, I am well aware that Council has its agenda or plan. I know that Council forbade some works that NNSW wanted done for NPL application.

    As for Magic's ground, it's my understanding that the ground is not Council controlled but comes under the same authority as McDonald Jones. Coukd be wrong, but that's what I've been told.

  14. #794
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Sure the club committees put in the hard work, but essentially councils provide maintenance on grounds and facilities on lots of grounds. There is more to nnsw football then edgeworth and magic
    Again half right, Council do provide maintenance on Council owned grounds to a level satisfactory for community involvement, Edgeworth and Magic have taken their grounds beyond a community facility and to Magic's credit and from what I understand without any assistance.

  15. #795
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    451
    The whole debate has been lost.
    My debate is simple.
    NPL
    Adamstown- Relegated
    Cooks Hill- Promoted

    New Fm
    Mayfield- Promoted from ZPL
    Toronto- Relegated to ZPL

    Pretty simple, let the results determine who goes up and down.
    Furthermore if the team that comes up to new fm, in this case Mayfield is deemed to have a unsatisfactory home ground. Then the association works with the council to solve the issue.

    Possibly that team plays elsewhere if it's a MAJOR problem. All I was getting at that club's shouldn't get punished for having a ground that is below par in terms of promotion.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post

    Pretty simple, let the results determine who goes up and down.
    Furthermore if the team that comes up to new fm, in this case Mayfield is deemed to have a unsatisfactory home ground. Then the association works with the council to solve the issue.

    Possibly that team plays elsewhere if it's a MAJOR problem. All I was getting at that club's shouldn't get punished for having a ground that is below par in terms of promotion.
    100% agree on this. Grounds cant be reason teams donít go up, especially when these grounds are ALL owned by Council!! Yeah, some clubs put in more work than others on grounds but painting and mowing ainít enough. Teams good enough go up, garbage teams go down. Simples

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The whole debate has been lost.
    My debate is simple.
    NPL
    Adamstown- Relegated
    Cooks Hill- Promoted

    New Fm
    Mayfield- Promoted from ZPL
    Toronto- Relegated to ZPL

    Pretty simple, let the results determine who goes up and down.
    Furthermore if the team that comes up to new fm, in this case Mayfield is deemed to have a unsatisfactory home ground. Then the association works with the council to solve the issue.

    Possibly that team plays elsewhere if it's a MAJOR problem. All I was getting at that club's shouldn't get punished for having a ground that is below par in terms of promotion.
    I agree with this, its the way it should be. Only thing i will say, at the end it shouldn't matter how good or bad the facilities are, promote and relegate regardless. Magic Edgy Olympic facilities have been built over decades, a team like mayfield should play out of their home ground, improve facilities where they can with council assistance, if their facilities remain poor, players wont play there and they will get relegated. someone else will take their place. Yes some games will be played on poor surfaces, but that still happens in the NPL today.

  18. #798
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    I agree with this, its the way it should be. Only thing i will say, at the end it shouldn't matter how good or bad the facilities are, promote and relegate regardless. Magic Edgy Olympic facilities have been built over decades, a team like mayfield should play out of their home ground, improve facilities where they can with council assistance, if their facilities remain poor, players wont play there and they will get relegated. someone else will take their place. Yes some games will be played on poor surfaces, but that still happens in the NPL today.
    I agree it shouldnít matter on the ground or any criteria. First past the post goes up last goes down. If a clubs ground isnt fenced off so they can charge $10 bucks entry the ones missing out is that club. But I bet one thing they would have a decent crowd watching

  19. #799
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    428
    Is the directive a FFA one or a NNSW one?

  20. #800
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    119
    Another signing for Valentine in the Herald today. Putting together a competitive squad for 2020.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •