Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Who's playing today ? thanks

Maitland 2 Adamstown 0
    Valentine 4 Lakes 3 (rumour 3 players sent off between 2 sides .2 from Valo 1 from Lakes)
    Weston 2 Edgeworth 1
    Last edited by 2285; 19-05-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Maitland 2 Adamstown 0
    Valentine 4 Lakes 3 (rumour 3 players sent off between 2 sides .2 from Valo 1 from Lakes)
    Weston 2 Edgeworth 1
    Lambton 2 Charlestown 2
    Lambton the better side, Charlestown looked like they were playing without any structure

Magic 5 Jets youth 2
    bar 15min of unproductive possession from the kick off, Magic too good

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Lambton 2 Charlestown 2
    Lambton the better side, Charlestown looked like they were playing without any structure

Magic 5 Jets youth 2
    bar 15min of unproductive possession from the kick off, Magic too good
    Lambton must be wondering what went wrong in the last few weeks. Probably 4-6 points dropped in games they should have wrapped up long before full time.

Anyone else aware of the controversy in the U/18's CCB v Jaffas game? CCB player red carded at half time for a racial slur?
    He's apparently been issued a long suspension as well.

The context I have heard is that the blues player (one white boy to another) told the jaffas lad to go back where he came.

This happened with 10minutes to go in the half. The linesman heard it, waited till half time and told the ref who then issued a straight red.

Seems a huge over-reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Anyone else aware of the controversy in the U/18's CCB v Jaffas game? CCB player red carded at half time for a racial slur?
    He's apparently been issued a long suspension as well.

The context I have heard is that the blues player (one white boy to another) told the jaffas lad to go back where he came.

This happened with 10minutes to go in the half. The linesman heard it, waited till half time and told the ref who then issued a straight red.

Seems a huge over-reaction.
    man, i heard an under 13's NPL kid scream at a ref "are you ****ing kidding" the other day.
    ref (looked about 18) let him go, not even a word.

screw that. card them, card them all. little wankers need to pull their heads in, so do the coaches, so do the parents.
    its a joke people just assume thats the way you behave on a field.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    man, i heard an under 13's NPL kid scream at a ref "are you ****ing kidding" the other day.
    ref (looked about 18) let him go, not even a word.

screw that. card them, card them all. little wankers need to pull their heads in, so do the coaches, so do the parents.
    its a joke people just assume thats the way you behave on a field.
    100% agree that players and coaches get away with way too much that is targetted towards referees. Immediate penalties should be quicker and harsher.

This past weekend at Speers Pt an under 9's coach was criticizing a game leaders calls to the extent where the bloke stopped the game and told the coach to take the whistle or he could get off the field. Said coach continued his verbals to the extent the young Northern rep had to step in and ask both sides to calm down. Northern bloke should have immediately told old mate to leave the field.

However, red card at half time and a 6 week suspension for the above mentioned call to another player........ seems completely OTT.

Be interesting to see the true version of events.
    Not saying yours are not correct, just you mention that is the context you heard.
    I think as soon as you tell somebody to “go back to where you come from” (I imagine it would’ve been a bit more expletive ridden.) you’re on some pretty slippery ice, unless your telling him to to not mark you so closely.
    I agree, there are worse things, but it definitely has racial undertones in how I imagine the conversation would have gone.
    No issue with red card in this circumstance. 6 week suspension for a 18year old seems a bit much, maybe miss a week, give him 12 weeks next time he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    100% agree that players and coaches get away with way too much that is targetted towards referees. Immediate penalties should be quicker and harsher.

This past weekend at Speers Pt an under 9's coach was criticizing a game leaders calls to the extent where the bloke stopped the game and told the coach to take the whistle or he could get off the field. Said coach continued his verbals to the extent the young Northern rep had to step in and ask both sides to calm down. Northern bloke should have immediately told old mate to leave the field.

However, red card at half time and a 6 week suspension for the above mentioned call to another player........ seems completely OTT.
    Always 2 sides to the story and from your account seems a little harsh but vilification in any form should not be tolerated and strong message been sent out on this one by Northern which I consider a very good thing. Hopefully the kid will learn his lesson and be a better person out of it.

Edgy 2-0 Jaffas
    Hamilton 1-1 Valo
    Maitland 2-1 jets
    Weston 4-0 lakes
    Charlestown 3-1 magic

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Edgy 2-0 Jaffas
    Hamilton 1-1 Valo
    Maitland 2-1 jets
    Weston 4-0 lakes
    Charlestown 3-1 magic
    Who'd want to be a Hamilton or Charlestown supporter?

So, we're halfway through the season!

Who's been good? Who has been disappointing? Any surprises? Predictions for the end of season ladder?

Here's mine:

Edgeworth
    Weston
    Azzurri
    Magic
    Maitland
    Jaffas
    Jets
    Olympic
    Valo
    Adamstown
    Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    So, we're halfway through the season!

Who's been good? Who has been disappointing? Any surprises? Predictions for the end of season ladder?

Here's mine:

Edgeworth
    Weston
    Azzurri
    Magic
    Maitland
    Jaffas
    Jets
    Olympic
    Valo
    Adamstown
    Lakes
    Ladder to hard to predict I believe very tight competition. Been good: Have to say Weston most pundits predicted them to finish bottom 4. I had some mail at start of season that Kew and the guy he was working with in putting team together were very good interviewed players made sure they were the right fit etc. Disappointment: Lambton in particular over past month. Premiers: I’m going to punt on Edgy to make it 5 in a row, Zane is best coach in comp and will guide them to the title.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Who'd want to be a Hamilton or Charlestown supporter?
    Everyone. I saw Charlestown out thug the grubs. Sounds like a decent game plan when needed.

Magic
    Maitland
    Edgeworth
    Weston
    Jaffas
    Charlestown
    Olympic
    Jets
    Valentine
    Adamstown
    Lakes

Weston
    Edgeworth
    Magic
    Maitland
    Charlestown
    Jaffas
    Olympic
    Valentine
    Jets
    Adamstown
    Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Everyone. I saw Charlestown out thug the grubs. Sounds like a decent game plan when needed.
    Who are the grubs ??

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Who are the grubs ??
    According to this guy, it's Magic and Suns. There's a bit of a trend in his posts being very anti Magic/Suns and without any substance. So maybe someone has done the dirty with his missus or something
    It's football, not s***er!!

Magic
    Edgeworth
    Jaffas
    Weston
    Olympic
    Maitland
    Azzurri
    Jets
    Valo
    Adamstown
    Lakes

Edgy and Magic to just have a little too much quality for everyone else

Jaffas to start capitilising on their games rather than capitulating.

Westno to surprise everyone and continue playing well.

Olympic will finish strong and miss out on the finals in the last game or 2.

Maito and CCB to be too inconsistent to keep the pace.

Jets to take points of the top few teams and completely lack motivation against everyone else.

Valo, ordinary side being propped up by Ben Hay.

Adamstown and Lakes to fight for the spoon.

Crowley to get the Golden Boot.

Edgy to get the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    According to this guy, it's Magic and Suns. There's a bit of a trend in his posts being very anti Magic/Suns and without any substance. So maybe someone has done the dirty with his missus or something
    Sounds like a tall poppy syndrome to me