Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 159

Thread: 2019 NEW FM League thread

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,046

    2019 NEW FM League thread

    discussion here

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Toronto Awaba v Weston Bears tonight

    U23 - 6pm
    1st - 7.30pm

    Lyall Peacock Oval

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    131
    How did the games go last night GO AWAY?
    How are the Stags looking early on?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    U23 - Weston 3-0 ( good effort, couple of late goals sealing it )
    1st Weston 4-3 , great intense first hit out.
    Stags actually led 2-1 ht
    Great hit out, if we can keep all the players on the park from last night, the boys will be in it this year.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thatís a good result for an early hit out GO AWAY. How have sessions been under the new head coach? All the best for the season

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    That’s a good result for an early hit out GO AWAY. How have sessions been under the new head coach? All the best for the season
    Boys seem to be enjoying it mate, everything from nobbys beach on a Friday night to hogh intensity small sided stuff, a lot of the boys have played NPL so don't think high intensity s new to them.

    Toronto Awaba v Maitland FC
    Saturday Feb 2.
    19s 3.30
    23s 5pm
    1st 6.30
    Will be a huge step up, but the boys are looking forward to it

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Toronto Awaba v Kahibah youth games

    U13 7-0
    U14 4-0
    U15 3-1
    U17 2-1

    Clean sweep for junior stags, been A while coming.... great effort .

    U19 v cooks hill 2-4
    U23/1st v cooks hill 23s 3-2

    Good weekend of trials.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,838
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Toronto Awaba v Kahibah youth games

    U13 7-0
    U14 4-0
    U15 3-1
    U17 2-1

    Clean sweep for junior stags, been A while coming.... great effort .

    U19 v cooks hill 2-4
    U23/1st v cooks hill 23s 3-2

    Good weekend of trials.
    A good afternoon of trials in a great location.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Toronto Awaba v Cooks Hill Wednesday night @ Lyall Peacock Oval should be a good guide where stags area at.

    6PM Toronto Awaba U23 v Morissett select ( Mikhail De Bastos Shield )
    7.30 PM Toronto Awaba v Cooks Hill

    Had 200 at Season Launch sat night, three jets getting interviewed and signing autographs.

    Best part, eight life members in attendance ... was a great successful night.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    446
    Belswans having a 1-1 draw with Dudley and losing both lower grades not a great sign 2 weeks out from their comp and Dudley 3 weeks into pre season. Belswans might slide from the top to mid table

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Cooks Hill 4 Toronto Awaba 1

    Not a fair indication of the game, cookers four goals all quality bombs, I think all from outside 18, and all in first half. No denying they were better side and should have won, play like last night, not many will get near them IMO.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,349
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Cooks Hill 4 Toronto Awaba 1

    Not a fair indication of the game, cookers four goals all quality bombs, I think all from outside 18, and all in first half. No denying they were better side and should have won, play like last night, not many will get near them IMO.
    There certainly were some cracker goals in that game.. I think it was the third one, old-mate just cracked it from outside the box, top corner where the spiders live.. Great game to watch..

    The Mikhail De Bastos Shield went as:
    Tronno 23's 3 - Motown Select 6

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    The Mikhail De Bastos Shield went as:
    Tronno 23's 3 - Motown Select 6
    Guessing you played in the Select? Thus the 3 conceded?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    There certainly were some cracker goals in that game.. I think it was the third one, old-mate just cracked it from outside the box, top corner where the spiders live.. Great game to watch..

    The Mikhail De Bastos Shield went as:
    Tronno 23's 3 - Motown Select 6
    Was the best seeing all the Morri boys again ( a lot ex-stags by the way , bunch of boys who have for the most part just played for the fun and mateship, never known a closer bunch of blokes. Hope ya"s all have a good season at your prospective clubs.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,838
    Great result for Kahibah today against the Gunners. Not what was expected.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Great result for Kahibah today against the Gunners. Not what was expected.
    Surely South Cardiff had players missing. Everyone has them just about winning the comp. Did Dino play?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Surely South Cardiff had players missing. Everyone has them just about winning the comp. Did Dino play?
    Southy started well, Dino scored? and should have been at least 2 up. Kahibah equalized and then went on with the job, worked hard and did what they needed to do and wanted it more.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Southy started well, Dino scored? and should have been at least 2 up. Kahibah equalized and then went on with the job, worked hard and did what they needed to do and wanted it more.
    Gunners were very ordinary the 3 or 4 times I watched them last season, there would want to have been a major transformation.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Gunners were very ordinary the 3 or 4 times I watched them last season, there would want to have been a major transformation.
    They run 5th and have signed more than likely the Golden Boot of the comp and a NPL class midfielder and a few other experienced boys. They have transformed just thought they would be better.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    They run 5th and have signed more than likely the Golden Boot of the comp and a NPL class midfielder and a few other experienced boys. They have transformed just thought they would be better.
    yes they seemed like they have picked up a few players.
    hakin seems a bit underdone, service to dino wasn't the greatest I thought.
    maybe another midfielder moves back into the backs, I think he does his best work there.
    have the makings of a quality side, just need to play both halves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •