Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEW FM League thread

Sth Cardiff bois decided to shake on it and share the points.

In the absence of NewySports and for people who can't be bothered looking up SportsTG (or clubs who couldn't be @rsed putting scores in an hour or two after the last game...like they're supposed to..?)

1st C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 1
    23s C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 2
    19s C/Hill 3 v Sth Cardiff 2

Other 2 Sat game scores, anyone?

That felt good. Just like the old days of putting scores in on the Foz.

How on earth did Kahibah go from 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go to lose 5-4?

Hell of a comeback from Cookers!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    How on earth did Kahibah go from 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go to lose 5-4?

Hell of a comeback from Cookers!
    What happened to Kahbiah for them to let in 4 goals in the last 15 minutes

Laws is good at changing a game around but this good?

On the subject of prizemoney (another thread) - how much do teams stand to make from winning NL1, ZPL etc?

I can't comprehend the fact that some clubs have a budget in the tens of thousands for their squads, but it is possibly naivety in not knowing what they are possibly going to win.

A mates son plays in NL1 U23's. He gets $50 an appearance for playing first grade. If he plays 10 games that's $500 for a fringe player. If first grade has a squad of 15(?) over 20 games on even that as a minimum that's $15,000 at least per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    On the subject of prizemoney (another thread) - how much do teams stand to make from winning NL1, ZPL etc?

I can't comprehend the fact that some clubs have a budget in the tens of thousands for their squads, but it is possibly naivety in not knowing what they are possibly going to win.

A mates son plays in NL1 U23's. He gets $50 an appearance for playing first grade. If he plays 10 games that's $500 for a fringe player. If first grade has a squad of 15(?) over 20 games on even that as a minimum that's $15,000 at least per season.
    Yet they say there is no money in the game.
    There is plenty, it's just not going to the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The standard in Newfm 23s and 1sts and NPL 20s is very close. NPL 20s is not great. A good NPL 20yr old should be playing 1st team football somewhere. Experienced Newfm 1st grade sides like Cooks Hill and Belswans obviously carry some NPL quality of years past but the fact that the Newfm league sees clubs paying big dollars to field teams to win a 2nd tier is really financial malpractice. Newfm should be about young NPL 20s who see no future in waiting for an ex A League players to piss off and get a job to go looking for a decent game where they can potentially play where they belong with some half decent players or get put back in the shop window for another NPL chance. With promotion and relegation on the cards in the new NPL, and with U20s having some age restrictions released to appease Olympic and Magic, 2nd tier clubs will need to quickly adjust their budgets and focus on youth. Sure pay a rego for a good 18-23 yr old kid or a win bonus of $100 for some. But pay based on worth and value adds that they give back or perish. The Youth comps in Newfm are the same 4 or 5 clubs in each age at the top. All with a focus on development. The rest couldnt care and use excuses of demographics or competition for players as a reason why they dont develop or attract talented kids. NPL teams like Lakes and Valo should drop into a second tier and align their Youth teams to Newfm Youth teams. Avoids the 16-0 scorelines. 10 team NPL incl Cooks Hill, 12 team Newfm and Lakes and Valo can start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Yet they say there is no money in the game.
    There is plenty, it's just not going to the right place.
    Senior NL1 teams would generate $15k to $20k throughout the season through canteen, sponsors, gate and functions without trying to hard. That;s without charging the Junior players like the NPL clubs do. Can't see why a club would have a Senior budget of less than $20k to pay for rego's and game bonuses should they wish to. As long as you are not taking from the juniors then I believe you should be able to spend it on the seniors. At this level there may not be any huge prizemoney but i believe we all play for a level of success and if using $$$ to entice better quality players so you have more success then so be it as long as you can afford it.

Singleton v Toronto Awaba
    Half time 2-0
    Stags are woeful

Singo ran out 4-1 victors
    DMac needs to stop recycling rubbish

Recycled rubbish 1
    Cessnock 0
    Can someone tell me how Southy could call tonight's deferred already games off the day before because ground is too wet ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Recycled rubbish 1
    Cessnock 0
    Can someone tell me how Southy could call tonight's deferred already games off the day before because ground is too wet ?
    Recycled rubbish is a bit harsh GA. What are your thoughts on the Stags season to date? I thought they’d be higher on table tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Probably for the same reason how it could be called off the first time.

Actually what I heard was that it had already been moved to LMFF and booked there, however, Northern realised they still required it and so told the two clubs it will be pushed back to another day

Also Cooks Hill have finally had a defeat at the hands of New Lambton

Looks like the semi finalists are sorted.

Makes for a good final series!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Looks like the semi finalists are sorted.

Makes for a good final series!
    Though not in the right order, this weekend will determine if it is Westy or Southy facing off against Cooks Hill in the semis

Kahibah and Thornton would have to be dissapointed with their seasons. Particularly Thornton who have been up in the top 4 a few years in a row previously. They finished 2nd last year didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Kahibah and Thornton would have to be dissapointed with their seasons. Particularly Thornton who have been up in the top 4 a few years in a row previously. They finished 2nd last year didn't they?
    Thornton would be dissapointed, but the comp has become much stronger this year looking at the table. Cessnock have improved a fair bit, Toronto at times were much stronger, Wallsend I think beat Cookers, Singleton were in the mix for finals half way through the season, Southy invested big money in some quality players and have finally made the finals and I'm sure Kahibah finished like 10th last year so fair turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Thornton, or Weston Lite, would be disappointed but having a look at how Weston went NPL the last few seasons and now a fair few of these players have become the backbone of the Thornton side is it the players that they have are just not cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Thornton would be dissapointed, but the comp has become much stronger this year looking at the table. Cessnock have improved a fair bit, Toronto at times were much stronger, Wallsend I think beat Cookers, Singleton were in the mix for finals half way through the season, Southy invested big money in some quality players and have finally made the finals and I'm sure Kahibah finished like 10th last year so fair turnaround.
    How much is big money, fairdinkum, what a laugh, people who guess when they talk make me laugh, know your facts, jog on boy

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    How much is big money, fairdinkum, what a laugh, people who guess when they talk make me laugh, know your facts, jog on boy
    I agree with FR but also ask him, how do they think they can be a NPL side if they don't spend up ??

Time will tell, how can any club plan when NNSWF cannot decide on a format after 3 long years, clubs should have known months ago what the go was, now every one is in limbo