Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    How much is big money, fairdinkum, what a laugh, people who guess when they talk make me laugh, know your facts, jog on boy
    Fact -They have spent more money this year than they did last year and they have got the result for it and good on them, but it still remains a fact that they have spent big money on players to get into the finals. Don't see any issue with it just stating a fact. Prove me wrong ForeverRed you man of knowledge on everything.

As for Alton, not sure that it is a pre-requisite to pay players to get into NPL. There is no promotion if you win the comp ask Cooks Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Time will tell, how can any club plan when NNSWF cannot decide on a format after 3 long years, clubs should have known months ago what the go was, now every one is in limbo
    A joke that Northern will wait till after the NPL final, clubs are getting ready now for next year, difficult to determine what coaches, players and money you will need if you don't know what the future plans are going to be. Will be alright for the top NPL teams but any NewFM teams that might be vying for promotion (if it even comes in) don't know if it is worth bringing in the players to get promoted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Fact -They have spent more money this year than they did last year and they have got the result for it and good on them, but it still remains a fact that they have spent big money on players to get into the finals. Don't see any issue with it just stating a fact. Prove me wrong ForeverRed you man of knowledge on everything.

As for Alton, not sure that it is a pre-requisite to pay players to get into NPL. There is no promotion if you win the comp ask Cooks Hill.
    How much is big money?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    How much is big money?
    I would say any amount greater than what a player is worth to other clubs. Also I would also say any win bonus greater than $75 in NL1 would be considered as big money, or more than they should be.

A joke that Northern will wait till after the NPL final, clubs are getting ready now for next year, difficult to determine what coaches, players and money you will need if you don't know what the future plans are going to be. Will be alright for the top NPL teams but any NewFM teams that might be vying for promotion (if it even comes in) don't know if it is worth bringing in the players to get promoted or not.
    They just won't make the big calls like Richard Face did years ago, it is soooooooooooooooooo obvious who misses out, the hardest thing is who comes in, if any !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I would say any amount greater than what a player is worth to other clubs. Also I would also say any win bonus greater than $75 in NL1 would be considered as big money, or more than they should be.
    A brother's love is probably worth more than what other clubs wanted to offer I suppose.

Paid a visit to Fearnly this weekend. Saw Cookers and Kahibah.

If Cookers are going up, they had better spend a lot on that ground. Really poor. Probably the poorest in the NEWFM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Paid a visit to Fearnly this weekend. Saw Cookers and Kahibah.

If Cookers are going up, they had better spend a lot on that ground. Really poor. Probably the poorest in the NEWFM.
    Name a good one in New FM? All pretty poor IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Name a good one in New FM? All pretty poor IMO
    Given the usage, they are often not too bad. However, Cookers is worse by some distance IMHO. NEWFM clubs don't seem to have the ability to lock up thier main ground like NPL clubs do.

Overall, Ulinga, Kahibah, Belswans and Westy seem ok when you consider the traffic on them.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Given the usage, they are often not too bad. However, Cookers is worse by some distance IMHO. NEWFM clubs don't seem to have the ability to lock up thier main ground like NPL clubs do.

Overall, Ulinga, Kahibah, Belswans and Westy seem ok when you consider the traffic on them.
    The worst? Thornton's ground is worse than Cooks Hill any day.

Who else is using Cooks Hill ground during winter?

You are on the money Goatscheese, dual use on a poor ground will go against Cookers promotion ambtions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    You are on the money Goatscheese, dual use on a poor ground will go against Cookers promotion ambtions.
    Cookers are a well run club and their top flight ambitions aren't new so I would be sure they would have a situation that satisfies Northern sorted.
    I was told that they may have a deal for No.2 sorted if they get promotion, but that was absolute rumour and hearsay and not form someone that is currently associated with them (so take it with a grain of salt)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Cookers are a well run club and their top flight ambitions aren't new so I would be sure they would have a situation that satisfies Northern sorted.
    I was told that they may have a deal for No.2 sorted if they get promotion, but that was absolute rumour and hearsay and not form someone that is currently associated with them (so take it with a grain of salt)
    Cookers have a knack of finding a good $$ grant to improve facilities when needed. Dont underestimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Cookers have a knack of finding a good $$ grant to improve facilities when needed. Dont underestimate.
    If they get No2, that is 2nd to the playing field at Gateshead in quality surface. The surface that the Rugby play on is pretty good.

Ah yes, you are right. Forgot about that one. I stand corrected. Still, Cookers aren't much better.

Don’t worry they are staying in second division

So it seems that NEWFM youth have a trip to Tamworth now and no bye (assuming Northern Inland can field a team).

Commiserations to all those NEWFM hard working committees that spend hours and hours on their NPL applications to be told "no change". I imagine they are gutted.

Also bet that Valentine and Lakes are breathing easier!!

So where to now for NL1 clubs??

No promotion, no relegation. Dead end league?
    Will youth players will look to leave to go to NPL clubs if good enough?
    Will better senior players be more likely to move on to NPL clubs if the opportunity is there?
    Will the clubs be satisfied with the substantial cost to be in the NL1 (I imagine far higher than ZPL)?
    Would SAP kids want to even bother with NL1 clubs?
    How can NNSW not accept an NPL2 when NSW can manage NPL3 with worse facilities than most clubs here have?

Why would they bother?

Imagine the clubs giving NNSW the finger.

Huge effort wasted on a nil result.

As there appears to be no transparency on the process, I can only imagine the questions flooding the minds of those at Southy, Cookers, Kahibah etc when they compare themselves to the likes of Valentine, Adamstown and Lakes. There willbe some very pi55ed off people out there.

Discuss..

Run the leagues independently, the A league do

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    any word on where the Grand Final will be this year?

I've spent 20 seconds googling it and can't find anything