Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegame11 View Post
    Anyone see team of the year? Thoughts?
    Shame to see a player left out that is one of the best in the competition, makes it look a bit farcical

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Well they put a striker as a right back so its not great. If that forward was better than another drop the one of the forwards in the substitutes and put them in there. Noticed they made sure at least one player from each club was put in as well.
    No Thornton player

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I can’t see to many NPL clubs taking on a W side, with seniors and youth teams to cater for I’m not sure what ground they would play on
    Exactly. There are just not enough good football facilities in the city right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Shame to see a player left out that is one of the best in the competition, makes it look a bit farcical
    Who would that be?
    I’m surprised Logue is on bench as gk. Thought she would’ve been first choice

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegame11 View Post
    Who would that be?
    I’m surprised Logue is on bench as gk. Thought she would’ve been first choice
    Pender.
    Merewether conceded a lot of goals this season which no doubt cost her this year after being named last year

No Thornton player
    Forgot about them, maybe not so much of a farce

Love to know who actually did the selections. My team would be at least 50% different. ..

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Love to know who actually did the selections. My team would be at least 50% different. ..
    Apparently a mixture of the WPL Correspondent, Norther Staff (how many of them are going to games?), player of the year votes and WPL coaches.

Regarding the last part, Cass Koppen said she had no input and was never asked except for voting for Player of the Year.

Yes but you are far from independent, they got it mostly right, when a team wins the premiership by 9 points and are very dominant they deserve that many spots. It was selected based on the 21 rounds only. The top 5 goal scorers all got a gig and the top 3 teams made up 11/16. They only selected 11 last year but expanded it to a full bench this season and 5 players were selected for a second year in a row.

Who would you have in your team?

Finally getting to a WPL game tomorrow, attending the Grand Finals at Weston, best of luck to both teams. Don’t know very much except Merewether sounding very confident in the media this week, maybe even a little over confident.
    My Tips are:
    14’s - Mid North Coast
    17’s - Adamstown
    Reserve grade - New Lambton
    First Grade - New Lambton

Who won

Who won
    14’s 3-0 FMNC
    17’s 3-1 Adamstown
    Res 0-0 (3-2) pens New Lambton
    1sts 4-3 New Lambton in extra time after 3-3 after 90mins.
    Last edited by Poseidon; 01-09-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Finally getting to a WPL game tomorrow, attending the Grand Finals at Weston, best of luck to both teams. Don’t know very much except Merewether sounding very confident in the media this week, maybe even a little over confident.
    My Tips are:
    14’s - Mid North Coast
    17’s - Adamstown
    4 from 4. Good job!

Congrats to New Lambton, another ripping 1st grade grand final.
    Merewether led 3 times, but New Lambton would not let go.
    As they proved all year they are a class team, and Tara Andrew's is definitely the best striker this competition has ever seen.

I hear New Lamton won on the park then won the fight later in the night to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I hear New Lamton won on the park then won the fight later in the night to.
    I’m hearing Warner’s Bay & Merewether players involved in an ‘argument’ last night at the celebrations in a continuation of their long standing feud and New Lambton not involved

I’m hearing Warner’s Bay & Merewether players involved in an ‘argument’ last night at the celebrations in a continuation of their long standing feud and New Lambton not involved
    The blue polo shirts they were all wearing made it pretty obvious what club it was. 😂

My Tips are:
    14’s - Mid North Coast
    17’s - Adamstown

For someone that was ‘finally getting to a wpl game’ you seem to have your finger on the pulse of all the goings on in the last few weeks bullfighter!

Congrats to all the girls involved in what was really an entertaining season from many perspectives!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    The blue polo shirts they were all wearing made it pretty obvious what club it was. 😂
    It was NL and WB vs merewether

Both those teams chased merewether outside once they were all kicked out from fighting inside the venue, security had to break the situation up.