Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 198

Thread: 2019 Women's Premier League

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I didn't know there was a restriction on the number of w league players each club could have. Its a good start but more needs to be done. A full player point system needs to be introduced or this comp will die a slow death as Thornton, Mid North Coast, Adamstown etc give up trying.
    As far as I know the rule says only 3 ''current'' W League players allowed at each club, with current meaning registered in the W League the previous season. So based on that rule Warner's Bay have two and Southy, Merewether, Wallsend & New Lambton all have one player that meets this criteria. So 6 across 5 clubs with these clubs all having other players in their ranks with W League experience.

  2. #42
    Anyone know what happened with Warnerís Bay change of coach

  3. #43
    Wallsend 3 defeated South Wallsend 1 tonight which will see them stay in contention for the top 4, 8 points separating 2nd to 5th with 7 games left to play.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Wallsend 3 defeated South Wallsend 1 tonight which will see them stay in contention for the top 4, 8 points separating 2nd to 5th with 7 games left to play.
    3-2 Wallsend. Devils held on late after a very dominant 75mins.

    Shaping up to be a very competitive final 3rd round.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    3-2 Wallsend. Devils held on late after a very dominant 75mins.

    Shaping up to be a very competitive final 3rd round.
    I was at the game as there is nothing else to do on a Wednesday night.
    It was only my third WPL game and I was somewhat disappointed. I thought the ground was awful and the ref just as bad! But those things often arenít in WPL clubs control but what is in their control was just as concerning. The crowds language and slandering of the players, the no stretcher for the poor girl who got smashed in a tackle, players mouthing off (maybe because ref was bad), duty officer joining in with obnoxious crowd, other duty officer standing at home teams bench and the list goes on.. Iím glad I didnít bring my daughter!!

    I can now see why people are saying this comp is unsustainable!

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    I was at the game as there is nothing else to do on a Wednesday night.
    It was only my third WPL game and I was somewhat disappointed. I thought the ground was awful and the ref just as bad! But those things often aren’t in WPL clubs control but what is in their control was just as concerning. The crowds language and slandering of the players, the no stretcher for the poor girl who got smashed in a tackle, players mouthing off (maybe because ref was bad), duty officer joining in with obnoxious crowd, other duty officer standing at home teams bench and the list goes on.. I’m glad I didn’t bring my daughter!!

    I can now see why people are saying this comp is unsustainable!
    The unfortunate views of a neutral supporter venturing out to their 3rd ever WPL game in 5-degree temperature make sense when theirs nothing to do on a freezing night in newy
    Bad ground, bad ref, bad supporters, bad duty officers, bad ref, bad tackles, bad comp, bad ref, terrible ground, didn't I mention bad ref, well analysed
    Ok if the result was the other way, bad ref lucky it didn't affect the result, gutsy win, great supporters, best comp, back into 2nd, worse field than our own, great ref that controlled the game, but still a bad ref
    My daughter player of the game.
    Can sure see how some clubs are unsustainable with supporters like this
    Expecting below zero degrees next week may venture out to a NPL 1 or NEWFM game as a general footballer supporter ( said no one )

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    The unfortunate views of a neutral supporter venturing out to their 3rd ever WPL game in 5-degree temperature make sense when theirs nothing to do on a freezing night in newy
    Bad ground, bad ref, bad supporters, bad duty officers, bad ref, bad tackles, bad comp, bad ref, terrible ground, didn't I mention bad ref, well analysed
    Ok if the result was the other way, bad ref lucky it didn't affect the result, gutsy win, great supporters, best comp, back into 2nd, worse field than our own, great ref that controlled the game, but still a bad ref
    My daughter player of the game.
    Can sure see how some clubs are unsustainable with supporters like this
    Expecting below zero degrees next week may venture out to a NPL 1 or NEWFM game as a general footballer supporter ( said no one )
    Bad ref = unsustainable comp said no one ever. You have nailed it, classic sour grapes.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abermain
    Posts
    196
    Gee whiz you lot are quick to jump down @football's throat. Bloke comes on and describes just about every league in Newcastle, but somehow it's sour grapes. Maybe a few truth bombs thrown that hit the mark?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Gee whiz you lot are quick to jump down @football's throat. Bloke comes on and describes just about every league in Newcastle, but somehow it's sour grapes. Maybe a few truth bombs thrown that hit the mark?
    Agree BPm@Football is correct in his assessment. I canít comment on Ref but grounds in WPL are disgraceful bar Adamstown. As for behaviour far worse and more bitchy than either Npl or New fm. Got to remember these two clubs were involved in the only first grade game in a long long time to be abandoned a few years ago.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Agree BPm@Football is correct in his assessment. I canít comment on Ref but grounds in WPL are disgraceful bar Adamstown. As for behaviour far worse and more bitchy than either Npl or New fm. Got to remember these two clubs were involved in the only first grade game in a long long time to be abandoned a few years ago.
    If @football has a legitimate complaint here is not the place to be reporting it, Iím not associated with Wallsend and was not at the game but had to go and check the draw to see that the fixture was played at Wallsend Park and not their usual home ground of the Gardens which is considered good enough for New FM and ticks a lot of boxes. Who cares what happened 2 years ago unless you have an axe to grind??

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    If @football has a legitimate complaint here is not the place to be reporting it, Iím not associated with Wallsend and was not at the game but had to go and check the draw to see that the fixture was played at Wallsend Park and not their usual home ground of the Gardens which is considered good enough for New FM and ticks a lot of boxes. Who cares what happened 2 years ago unless you have an axe to grind??
    This is one of the places people can express their thoughts and views this is a forum after all, and this thread is the thread to talk about the WPL which apparently due to the state of the grounds and other facilities Northern aren't going to call it a Premier League anymore.

    I also wouldn't say that tyhe gardens is good enough for NewFM, shit field, shit dressing rooms and can't be played at night unless people are happy to play in darkness in the middle of the field

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    This is one of the places people can express their thoughts and views this is a forum after all, and this thread is the thread to talk about the WPL which apparently due to the state of the grounds and other facilities Northern aren't going to call it a Premier League anymore.

    I also wouldn't say that tyhe gardens is good enough for NewFM, shit field, shit dressing rooms and can't be played at night unless people are happy to play in darkness in the middle of the field
    So whatís it going to be called?
    It is a forum with a lot of people on here just to have a whinge.
    The only way you are going to have decent grounds is by sharing with NPL clubs or having teams aligned with the NPL such as Adamstown. But recent history would tell us this does not work due to the demise of WPL teams representing Edgeworth, Magic and Charlestown.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    So whatís it going to be called?
    It is a forum with a lot of people on here just to have a whinge.
    The only way you are going to have decent grounds is by sharing with NPL clubs or having teams aligned with the NPL such as Adamstown. But recent history would tell us this does not work due to the demise of WPL teams representing Edgeworth, Magic and Charlestown.
    Itís a forum which is an avenue for people to express their views and opinions. You are correct WPL do need to become aligned but the previous treatment of clubs by a nomadic group of WPL players at those clubs you named plus Lakes and Valentine has left a sour taste particularly as those clubs have predominantly the same people in charge. The current WPL club at Adamstown is not aligned to the NPL club it is the Junior club.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Itís a forum which is an avenue for people to express their views and opinions. You are correct WPL do need to become aligned but the previous treatment of clubs by a nomadic group of WPL players at those clubs you named plus Lakes and Valentine has left a sour taste particularly as those clubs have predominantly the same people in charge. The current WPL club at Adamstown is not aligned to the NPL club it is the Junior club.
    Yes your right about that no argument here.

    Ok so zero clubs aligned with NPL, just 3 clubs, Thornton, Wallsend & New Lambton which also have Northern One (New FM) teams.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    So whatís it going to be called?
    It is a forum with a lot of people on here just to have a whinge.
    The only way you are going to have decent grounds is by sharing with NPL clubs or having teams aligned with the NPL such as Adamstown. But recent history would tell us this does not work due to the demise of WPL teams representing Edgeworth, Magic and Charlestown.
    Note how someones opinion becomes a whinge because it goes against your bias. @football had a genuine opinion from a real experience. Be a dick and have a cry if you like but he is right. Ive seen the same thing but not everytime.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    The unfortunate views of a neutral supporter venturing out to their 3rd ever WPL game in 5-degree temperature make sense when theirs nothing to do on a freezing night in newy
    Heres another goose needing a tissue and cant accept truth.

    Heres my valid opinion after watching several games.

    My concern is that at times it looks like the players are trying to play with their opposite foot. Really awkward in general play for large parts. At other times decent football. Honest appraisal. Will it improve? Will it evolve? of course, give it time.

    ok get your rags out and blow the nose.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Note how someones opinion becomes a whinge because it goes against your bias. @football had a genuine opinion from a real experience. Be a dick and have a cry if you like but he is right. Ive seen the same thing but not everytime.
    You are incorrect because I have no bias, pointing out the WPL suffers from poor quality grounds is really ground breaking stuff.

  18. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Heres another goose needing a tissue and cant accept truth.

    Heres my valid opinion after watching several games.

    My concern is that at times it looks like the players are trying to play with their opposite foot. Really awkward in general play for large parts. At other times decent football. Honest appraisal. Will it improve? Will it evolve? of course, give it time.

    ok get your rags out and blow the nose.
    It's amazing on how football in this town is portrayed, with views and opinions like this validates that your several games analyst really has zero knowledge, prepared to accept or support a competition of any age or gender to grow, support it don't forward inaccurate comments of players with opposite feet and awkward plays after viewing several games ,seriously go away, your the only Goose in this Town,
    Agree will it grow, yes it's growing now.
    Well done to all the clubs in the WPL and NPL for believing and supporting FOOTBALL and doing the hard yards to better this competition

  19. #59
    Just read the Herald story online about New Lambton 13-0 win and Andrews 8 goals. Great achievement not denying that but instead of a rubbing salt in the wounds of Mid Coast team maybe some serious journalism and a good look at this competition needs to be undertaken. When the leading individual goal scorer in the comp (36) has almost outscored the combined total goals scored of teams sitting 6th, 7th and 8th (39) then this competition is in serious serious trouble.

  20. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Just read the Herald story online about New Lambton 13-0 win and Andrews 8 goals. Great achievement not denying that but instead of a rubbing salt in the wounds of Mid Coast team maybe some serious journalism and a good look at this competition needs to be undertaken. When the leading individual goal scorer in the comp (36) has almost outscored the combined total goals scored of teams sitting 6th, 7th and 8th (39) then this competition is in serious serious trouble.
    I agree Johnno. Interested to see how much longer this will go on for in a Ďpremierí competition

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •