Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    I agree Johnno. Interested to see how much longer this will go on for in a ‘premier’ competition
    Apparently final year not because of the score (we have seen some blow out scores in 1st grade NPL), but due to the facilities the club has, Adamstown is really the only club that meets ground criteria and that is only because they use the same field as the NPL Adamstown club.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Just read the Herald story online about New Lambton 13-0 win and Andrews 8 goals. Great achievement not denying that but instead of a rubbing salt in the wounds of Mid Coast team maybe some serious journalism and a good look at this competition needs to be undertaken. When the leading individual goal scorer in the comp (36) has almost outscored the combined total goals scored of teams sitting 6th, 7th and 8th (39) then this competition is in serious serious trouble.
    Wonderful feat by the young lady, must have been on fire.

Rumors of 1st grade coaches from teams near the top and teams near the bottom to not be at the club next year. Either leaving on their own volition or already told they won't be retained.

Did anyone catch any Women’s State Cup games over the weekend ? Good to see a good turn out and mix of community clubs and WPL sides. Good chance for some local teams match with Northerns best. Good to see Bay and Devils fielding full strength sides plus giving some younger girls a chance to step up in the squads. Good chance to pick up some mid season silverware. Devils seemed to cruise through the weekend. FNC the standout community side beating Buds 1-0 and a 4-1 loss to bay in the group stages. Would be good to see the cup run during a mid season break with no teams having to worry about washouts and player loads. Not that Bay seemed too worried about it and Devils pushing to close the gap on the top 4.

I was out of town unfortunately so I couldn’t get along to support the Red Devils, great to see them field a full strength team and take it seriously though. Would be nice if the state cup was opened up to Sydney & Canberra competitions though so it’s a genuine state cup.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I was out of town unfortunately so I couldn’t get along to support the Red Devils, great to see them field a full strength team and take it seriously though. Would be nice if the state cup was opened up to Sydney & Canberra competitions though so it’s a genuine state cup.
    It was a 25 minute each way series of matches and could hardly be classified as a State Cup really.Can hardly see teams from outside of thae area being interested although maybe Central Coast teams could be invited-probably the same standard.If they want to make it a State Cup then they need to run it along the lines of the men.Full games and played at club grounds

I’m sure it’ll get there. It’s only in its third year. Good foundations to build on. NNSW Football ran a pretty good weekend overall. I was there for most of it and two young daughters loved it. A FFA Cup style competition would be awesome only thing being a problem I see is that most WNPL and WPL players that play W League would be taken away from their local clubs. In the long run when it comes to the finals of the Cup and they go and play for their W League sides and once you take those few out of the local clubs especially in NNSW those teams would find it harder to compete but would also be an awesome opportunity for the rest of the team to showcase their talent against the W League sides.

I was disappointed our club pulled out, but support their reasons.

All up NNSW have done a great job with Womens State Cup. Once again it was a great weekend of football (and events to support it). I can only see it getting bigger and the addition of the Community Cup this season should see more community clubs join in.

I do think it would be better supported by community clubs if it didnt fall on a normal competition weekend. Possibly a pre or post season competition would see more clubs be involved.

Saw on the news last night New Lambton were crowned Premiers of the League for their first time after only 2 seasons.
    Looks like its going to be an exciting finish to decide the next 4 places especially with Merewether having a game in hand.

Bay's last 3 matches are against New Lambton (1), Merewether (4) & Mid North Coast (8)
    Southy's last 3 matches are against Thornton (7), New Lambton (1) & Merewether (4)
    Merewether's last 4 matches are against Thorton (7), Wallsend (5), Warners Bay (2) & Southy (3)
    Wallsend's last 3 matches are against Merewether (4), Mid North Coast (8) & Adamstown (6)

Sunday’s match Merewether vs Wallsend will be like a Grand Final. I feel the winner of that match will go on and claim 4th spot. Merewether have a tough run home and the Devils are in red hot form. Will make for a great Sunday afternoon at Myamblah.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Sunday’s match Merewether vs Wallsend will be like a Grand Final. I feel the winner of that match will go on and claim 4th spot. Merewether have a tough run home and the Devils are in red hot form. Will make for a great Sunday afternoon at Myamblah.
    Yes agree will be a cracker of a game, Wallsend desperately need to win to stay alive. If Merewether do win they should probably finish 2nd in front of Warner’s Bay with Southy rounding out the top 4.

Overheard someone today say South Wallsend are pulling out of the comp, anyone heard anything or can confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Overheard someone today say South Wallsend are pulling out of the comp, anyone heard anything or can confirm
    Strange if true, seeing they requested EOI for coaches for 2020 on Thursday on Facebook page.

Any predictions for the second leg of semis this weekend? Any grand final predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegame11 View Post
    Any predictions for the second leg of semis this weekend? Any grand final predictions?
    Merewether v Warner’s Bay 2 all, Merewether to progress
    New Lambton v South Wallsend 4 - 1 to NLE, New Lambton to progress

Grand Final to be a close contest

Just saw the results, was close. Southy gone next season rumours still floating around 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Just saw the results, was close. Southy gone next season rumours still floating around 🤷🏻*♂️
    You were very close. Well done.
    Did anyone watch either game?

That’ll be interesting if southy go. Anyone to fill that spot?

Do they need to fill the spot if said be true ?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Do they need to fill the spot if said be true ?

Have heard that 4 new teams are looking to enter. Not from anyone involved with clubs just people talking. 6 teams were mentioned so not sure which ones it could be.

Heard Magic Olympic Charly Edgy Southey and one other that slips my mind. Take with a grain of salt as I said just people talking.

Hearing Southy will be re-birthed, possibility by one of those clubs