Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Women's Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    It was Newcastle Football awards night last night, but surprising to hear know one from SWJSC was there, they usually fill up their quota and then some. Maybe the committee was busy. Can't imagine the entire club going under.
    48 teams at the club, could not see how that would fold.

Just noticed that Adamstown just announced their U14 squad for next year.

Interesting considering trials are not allowed until the 14th.

I have not been keeping track of the NPL youth trials, is this going on in the lowest NPL youth grade as well?

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    Interesting to see not one player from Southy at the northern night last night.. perhaps club is folding
    No one from Merewether was there either. We could not find anyone who wanted to go, even with a free ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Just noticed that Adamstown just announced their U14 squad for next year.

Interesting considering trials are not allowed until the 14th.

I have not been keeping track of the NPL youth trials, is this going on in the lowest NPL youth grade as well?
    Well Adamstown aren't even bothering to run trails for next year. And from last year's 14s only two have been retained (though a some would have been kept and are now in 17s).

Ryan Campbell has come in and has managed to bring in a number of Jets players over with him, no doubt many of those girls in the 14s are from the Jets, he also would be able to bring them in for other age groups as well.

But to answer your question, yes a number of NPL, NewFM and WPL teams will be approaching players before trails, offering spots and inviting players to come and have training sessions with the club so that coaches can see them beforehand and potentially offer the spots and sign them up before trails start.

So the rumour mill is in full swing, what I have heard is Southy handing in their licence and Magic talking to NNSW.
    If NNSW put Magic in at this stage of the year, it makes a mockery of their whole application/assessment/approval process.
    I know Garden Suburbs have been keen for a while, and would be justifiably pissed if this happened.

Just need to move Thornton to Cooks Hill and you hardly need a car...

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    So the rumour mill is in full swing, what I have heard is Southy handing in their licence and Magic talking to NNSW.
    If NNSW put Magic in at this stage of the year, it makes a mockery of their whole application/assessment/approval process.
    I know Garden Suburbs have been keen for a while, and would be justifiably pissed if this happened.
    Does anything NNSWF do seriously surprise you.

How long until wallsends merge with Olympic is announced then?

How long until wallsends merge with Olympic is announced then?
    I haven’t heard anything about this, not from the club directors or anyone involved with our WPL. Care to elaborate on what you’re heard?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I haven’t heard anything about this, not from the club directors or anyone involved with our WPL. Care to elaborate on what you’re heard?
    This is clearly a joke mate...relax

I’ve heard from a mates Aunty that Merewether are merging with Souths and sharing Townson Oval.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    This is clearly a joke mate...relax
    Yes it was a joke. Ha ha. Maybe it is true 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I’ve heard from a mates Aunty that Merewether are merging with Souths and sharing Townson Oval.
    I have heard something similar.
    Would be a great move if Merewether could pull it off.
    The only thing that would prevent it happening could be that South's may not like a women's football(soccer) team running around on their field that is tougher than their league team

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Does anything NNSWF do seriously surprise you.
    Sadly, no.

How did Warner's Bay's trials go?
    Merewether very happy with the standard of player we had trialing in U14/U17, definitely the best standard we have ever had. We had to let some girls go that we would like to have kept, but not enough places....
    Seems that the awareness of WPL is growing.

Brad jones announced as New lambton coach.. what happened to Keelan?

Brad jones announced as New lambton coach.. what happened to Keelan?
    Left to spend more time with his family and to concentrate on his job with the Jets I believe..

Harmonie Attwill new Wallsend coach. Cant say Wallsend dont give young coaches a fair go. On them.