Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    What we are talking about is under thirteen to under sixteen football where the players are learning their game.What do you think the referees are doing.We have so many young referees just starting out who are trying their hearts out.For your information these young referees have a theory training session every two weeks where as many as can turn up.However the referees come from all areas on Newcastle and the Hunter and rely on parent transport so not everyone can come all the time.You have probably never looked at a rules of the game law book-get one and have a look at what is involved and look at the list towards the back with the number of things for the referee to consider.So instead of getting on your high horse how about giving the kids a chance or maybe even refereeing some games yourself-might change your tune.There are not enough referees to go around-these young people are the referees of the future and although they make mistakes you should count up the number of errors your players make.
    It's not the young ones you need to worry about, the young ones are pretty good, it's the older ones and the ones that have been doing it for years that are the worst. Regardless it isn't the refs that are the problem it's their poor development clearly the training sessions aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    And yes, a lot of the referees on NPL juniors are young, they’re learning the trade as they’re going, not unlike the players. We’re human, we will make mistakes, and if you expect perfection, well .
    There is a big difference between perfection and allowing a goal scored because the attacker grabbed the defender and threw him to the ground so he wouldn't get to the ball first, for one recent example. And that wasn't one of the young ones who allowed the goal to stand

Youth Semi

ALL GAMES SATURDAY
    13s
    Jets vs Adamstown 9am Adamstown Oval
    Olympic v Jaffas Noon Macquarie Field

14s
    Magic v North Coast 10.40am Adamstown Oval
    Olympic v Jets 1.40pm Macquarie Field

15s
    Olympic v Magic 12.20pm Adamstown Oval
    North Coast v Jets 3.20pm Macquarie Field

16s
    Jets v Jaffas 2pm Adamstown Oval
    Olympic v North Coast 5pm Macquarie Field

Get out and watch the kids!!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Banned
    One game knockouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    One game knockouts?
    yes
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Edgy look like they are investing in the youth big time next year. They recruited the grand final 14yrs coach from Southy, plus got some young gun coaches from Wallsend for their SAP. good on em. We’ll see if the same old clubs have the same old faces next year. Edgy always invest in youth and their 1sts are full of youngsters. If I’m a decent kid at 14yrs and 15yrs I’m trying to get into Edgy. Jaffas, magic and Olympic won’t promote the kids and they won’t get chances.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Edgy look like they are investing in the youth big time next year. They recruited the grand final 14yrs coach from Southy, plus got some young gun coaches from Wallsend for their SAP. good on em. We’ll see if the same old clubs have the same old faces next year. Edgy always invest in youth and their 1sts are full of youngsters. If I’m a decent kid at 14yrs and 15yrs I’m trying to get into Edgy. Jaffas, magic and Olympic won’t promote the kids and they won’t get chances.
    Certainly has a ring of truth about it.

Edgy's program is well organised and well run, assistant and providing support for their coaches, which only betters the players giving a clear pathway to the senior teams , the coach in question was from the juniors not WFC sap, The club has only a few accrediated coaches through their entire npl/sap teams hence the results and a 14s team folding etc, they approached coaches from their WPL ranks who are all accredited to fill positions,.
    easy decision for the coach to go to edgy When it's chalk and cheese

Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    Edgy's program is well organised and well run, assistant and providing support for their coaches, which only betters the players giving a clear pathway to the senior teams , the coach in question was from the juniors not WFC sap, The club has only a few accrediated coaches through their entire npl/sap teams hence the results and a 14s team folding etc, they approached coaches from their WPL ranks who are all accredited to fill positions,.
    Can confirm the two coaches Edgy got for their SAP U9’s were from our clubs juniors (U8’s and the U8’s SAP development squad), both were in my plans for SAP at WFC but it’s great opportunity for them to improve their trade at a big club like Edgy and we simply couldn’t match Edgy for money and opportunity. One of them unfortunately jeopardising a recent C license scholarship. It would be great to see them back in Wallsend colours one day though. Both are great people & coaches, all the best to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Can confirm the two coaches Edgy got for their SAP U9’s were from our clubs juniors (U8’s and the U8’s SAP development squad)
    Did they take many of the kids from your U8's dev squad with them to Edgy SAP? Would be unfair to spend time developing kids at your club and then find them all follow coaches out the door. Hope you kept at least some.

Yeah - understand coaches decision. Hard on WFC to lose coaches they investing in though. Edgy's win. Coaches and players can see what Edgy are about. Why wouldn't they want to go there?

Some great NPL Youth semis at Adamstown last night.

The 15s and 16s both went down to penalties with Olympic winning the 15a and the Jets winning the 16s. Both entertaining games to watch on what was, unfortunately, a sub standard pitch for end of season show case games.

If you get time on the weekend, get down to Darling Street and watch the young talent around the town.

So do you know all the actual facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post
    So do you know all the actual facts?
    The coach was given a go at Edgy with other coaching jobs in the future if things go good. With no promotion to the NPL WFC cannot compete so coaches and players with ambitions move on. Same with the Southy coach who went as well - no NPL means no money = no long term prospects. No good for NEWFM teams, but Edgy always looking to the future.

The coach was given a go at Edgy with other coaching jobs in the future if things go good. With no promotion to the NPL WFC cannot compete so coaches and players with ambitions move on. Same with the Southy coach who went as well - no NPL means no money = no long term prospects. No good for NEWFM teams, but Edgy always looking to the future.
    yew yew didn't realize that you were Connery

Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post
    yew yew didn't realize that you were Connery
    Duzmzn didn’t realise you were my dad. Am I to ask your permission when writing on here?

If you wanna talk direct with someone DM them. Otherwise you post on here it fair sport cobber.

The club has only a few accrediated coaches through their entire npl/sap teams
    Word is also that the WFC U9 sap coach from this year won't be back nxt year. Not bagging WFC at all - just think its a pity WFC cannot hang onto their coaches. Makes things hard for a club when people don't stick long term.

Word is also that the WFC U9 sap coach from this year won't be back nxt year. Not bagging WFC at all - just think its a pity WFC cannot hang onto their coaches. Makes things hard for a club when people don't stick long term.
    He’ll be moving into a different role with our SAP, I marked the Cook Park lines with him this morning. He isn’t going anywhere, just moving into a higher position within our SAP structure.

Wink

Duzmzn didn’t realise you were my dad. Am I to ask your permission when writing on here?

If you wanna talk direct with someone DM them. Otherwise you post on here it fair sport cobber.
    Sorry YEW YEW, did daddy take your safe blanket off you? Im sorry my boy, daddy gives it back now.