Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
Mayfield loses to Kotara - "knew it would happen", "never had it in them", "not surprised"

Dudley loses to Swansea - "what a travesty this is!", "the finals format needs to change", "oh my god, please someone think of the children"

I'm struggling to figure out why there is a massive love fest with Dudley on this forum, yes they are great footballers but the club culture is shocking. I can wait for when their reserves and thirds win each grand final as first graders drop down the levels pushing people out of their squads they have been in each year. For anyone who thinks this doesn't happen, look at last year as your example. Even their players acknowledged it in their acceptance speeches.

At the end of day, football is football. Did Swansea deserve to win? yes, the won both legs, better than Dudley on each outing. Did Kotara deserve to win? no, they scored 1 out of the 4 goals over the two legs and go through on away goals. BUT THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.

I'm just sorry for everyone who turns up next Sunday to potentially see the most 1 sided grand final in Newcastle football history. The Swans after all the talk of club culture and favouritism have made the big dance and its their game to lose.
Can you please give me an example of the “shocking club culture” you talk about at Dudley, I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say, big statement, and don’t give me any rubbing about players dropping back, I want some facts to back up your claims, here’s your chance