Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Mayfield loses to Kotara - "knew it would happen", "never had it in them", "not surprised"

Dudley loses to Swansea - "what a travesty this is!", "the finals format needs to change", "oh my god, please someone think of the children"

I'm struggling to figure out why there is a massive love fest with Dudley on this forum, yes they are great footballers but the club culture is shocking. I can wait for when their reserves and thirds win each grand final as first graders drop down the levels pushing people out of their squads they have been in each year. For anyone who thinks this doesn't happen, look at last year as your example. Even their players acknowledged it in their acceptance speeches.

At the end of day, football is football. Did Swansea deserve to win? yes, the won both legs, better than Dudley on each outing. Did Kotara deserve to win? no, they scored 1 out of the 4 goals over the two legs and go through on away goals. BUT THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.

I'm just sorry for everyone who turns up next Sunday to potentially see the most 1 sided grand final in Newcastle football history. The Swans after all the talk of club culture and favouritism have made the big dance and its their game to lose.
    Can you please give me an example of the “shocking club culture” you talk about at Dudley, I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say, big statement, and don’t give me any rubbing about players dropping back, I want some facts to back up your claims, here’s your chance

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Can you please give me an example of the “shocking club culture” you talk about at Dudley, I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say, big statement, and don’t give me any rubbing about players dropping back, I want some facts to back up your claims, here’s your chance
    I heard they don't even have sliced oranges at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I heard they don't even have sliced oranges at halftime.
    That's just the start of it! They also don't have Powerade in the sheds.

Just to run through a few things I've seen this year - the copious amount of fights on the field versus the Suns, people within the club (who I've been informed are still associated with the club) breaking into their major sponsor to steal beer from the cool room, fights in the car park after the first semifinal this year at Swansea which resulted in a female being knocked unconscious, and on top of this, I've been at a few games - easy for me living in Charlestown - where i have head a few of their old blokes call out many things to players on the field regarding topics that I can;t even type on an anonymous forum.

If this is at the surface (and yes I understand I don't know the club well enough to make a blanket statement), I can only imagine what else can be found hidden deep in their closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot
    3rd and 4th, no participation award. 1st and 2nd, both get awards. Shouldn't only first place get awards mate? Or you finish second and want a shiny prize for it?
    No one said second should get anything, 2nd is the first loser mate.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    That's just the start of it! They also don't have Powerade in the sheds.

Just to run through a few things I've seen this year - the copious amount of fights on the field versus the Suns, people within the club (who I've been informed are still associated with the club) breaking into their major sponsor to steal beer from the cool room, fights in the car park after the first semifinal this year at Swansea which resulted in a female being knocked unconscious, and on top of this, I've been at a few games - easy for me living in Charlestown - where i have head a few of their old blokes call out many things to players on the field regarding topics that I can;t even type on an anonymous forum.

If this is at the surface (and yes I understand I don't know the club well enough to make a blanket statement), I can only imagine what else can be found hidden deep in their closet.
    So going off your observations you’ve labelled every club in newcastle as having ‘shocking club culture’ as you put it, stupid analysis, sit at any football match and your accusations would be shot down in flames, most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds

Quote Originally Posted by DiddyKong View Post
    No one said second should get anything, 2nd is the first loser mate.
    Do you know who else are losers? People not in the Grand Final this weekend.

also half the people who will be in the grand final this weekend as well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post

45 - Mayfield
    45 - Dudley
    42 - 3rd place

27 - Forth place

You tell me what you think a 17 point gap from 18 games is.
    Kotara are geniuses. Only worked hard enough for 4th. Then turned it on to show who is better. Next

most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds
    I mean what would a Saturday afternoon be like if we couldn't go play some football, have a kick, call each other names, have a bit of biff, steal a keg and knock a woman out in the car park, Let the boys play!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    also half the people who will be in the grand final this weekend as well

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    So going off your observations you’ve labelled every club in newcastle as having ‘shocking club culture’ as you put it, stupid analysis, sit at any football match and your accusations would be shot down in flames, most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds
    Did you even bother to read what he wrote? Now I DO NOT know if they're true, but, I highly doubt every or even a majority of Clubs have had a female knocked out, stolen a keg from their sponsor, or for that matter, have supporters calling out utterly disgusting vile things. You may also need to find a new club.

Banned
    Scores from tonight?

Thirds 1-1.
    Kotara win 4-3 on aggregate.
    Ressies kicked off at 8:30. Still going.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Thirds 1-1.
    Kotara win 4-3 on aggregate.
    Ressies kicked off at 8:30. Still going.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Cheers
    Anyone know the result

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Anyone know the result
    Mayf 0-1 Swansea
    Mayf through on away goals.
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Yeh good chat ya c#%t
    Lay off the tins m8, you haven't won anything yet

Two clubs with a very small supporter base should make for a great atmosphere!

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Lay off the tins m8, you haven't won anything yet

Two clubs with a very small supporter base should make for a great atmosphere!
    Kotara have been in plenty of grand finals over the past few years. They’re used to it and always pull a big crowd from what I’ve seen.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Kotara have been in plenty of grand finals over the past few years. They’re used to it and always pull a big crowd from what I’ve seen.
    We will have a few there im sure. Not sure how many supporters a 3rd division side is expected to have, but im sure Misplacedpissant will be watching on imparting his never-ending football knowledge on anyone who walks past

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    We will have a few there im sure. Not sure how many supporters a 3rd division side is expected to have, but im sure Misplacedpissant will be watching on imparting his never-ending football knowledge on anyone who walks past
    The big dance is this weekend. Who we all got
    3rds Dudley 2-0
    Dudley finished top for a reason. They are solid at the back and can find a goal. Kotara have a solid middle of the park and will cause dramas.

Reserves Dudley 1-0
    Dudley are potent up front and have a creative midfield. Mayfield are a really tall side and will rely on the long ball and set piece that suit their height. Both teams would of finished middle table in the first grade comp so should be an entertaining game.

1st Swansea 1-1 (Win on Pens)
    This will be a game of long balls and set pieces. It's got them to the dance so clearly works. Kotara will get one goal because Swansea's defense is their weakest link and they can't keep a clean sheet. Swansea will look to set pieces. Which they are extremely dangerous at. I just think Swansea have been more consistent and Kotara might of played their GF last week to get there