Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

R Terrace back to L1. Cardiff will get a wild card to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    R Terrace back to L1. Cardiff will get a wild card to stay up.
    Hi Jim,

Firstly, welcome to the ZPL forum! The more commenters the stronger the community, the better the forum

I hate to disagree with your first post here, but you clearly haven’t watched Cardiff play, or had a glance at their supporters.

The only way Cardiff players stay up is if their uncles keep touching them.

Was an incredible display from both teams. A real struggle for third grade from the terrace but they managed to pull of a 3-1 loss which the whole club is proud of. Continuing from that, reserve grade managed to get a 1-2 win and first grade managed a 0-2 win (without Dave Bruce). But Cardiff were always the better team.

Just tricking, they really confirmed my previous statement that Cardiff are easily the worst team I’ve seen in my 30+ years of coaching. Reserve grade for Cardiff we’re lucky not to be down 0-8 after twenty minutes and Cardiff for first grade were lucky not to be down 0-4 at half time.

The amount of cards that were dished out to first grade Cardiff was disgraceful. Think just about every player got one and if you asked me at least 3 should’ve been red.

Cardiff are definitely going to give Barnsley a run for their money for last place as long as Barnsley have that ranga diabetic player in first grade.

I think Cardiff members of the forum will be pretty quiet, pretty silent, very unverbal tonight. They won’t even say much.

I think today has been a pretty big statement on behalf of Raymond Terrace that top 4 is well within our grasp.
    Happy birthday for last week for Dottie.
    Last edited by KennysWhiteHat.; 16-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennysWhiteHat. View Post
    Was an incredible display from both teams. A real struggle for third grade from the terrace but they managed to pull of a 3-1 loss which the whole club is proud of. Continuing from that, reserve grade managed to get a 1-2 win and first grade managed a 0-2 win (without Dave Bruce). But Cardiff were always the better team.

Just tricking, they really confirmed my previous statement that Cardiff are easily the worst team I’ve seen in my 30+ years of coaching. Reserve grade for Cardiff we’re lucky not to be down 0-8 after twenty minutes and Cardiff for first grade were lucky not to be down 0-4 at half time.

The amount of cards that were dished out to first grade Cardiff was disgraceful. Think just about every player got one and if you asked me at least 3 should’ve been red.

Cardiff are definitely going to give Barnsley a run for their money for last place as long as Barnsley have that ranga diabetic player in first grade.

I think Cardiff members of the forum will be pretty quiet, pretty silent, very unverbal tonight. They won’t even say much.

I think today has been a pretty big statement on behalf of Raymond Terrace that top 4 is well within our grasp.
    Happy birthday for last week for Dottie.

so you keep denying your a terrace fan, but come to watch the 3 grades???? me thinks you hide behind your keyboard to much...trying to start shit, move on you fool.

reggies correct if your blokes new the offside rule you might have scored 8, but you didn't.
    on 1st if you think your side dominated the first half, you must have been watching a different game than me, but credit where its due, terrace took there chances Cardiff didn't.
    have a nice day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Me View Post
    The only way Cardiff players stay up is if their uncles keep touching them.
    Thanks for the friendly welcome. Its a great comp in the Zone.

No need for the uncle. Terrace mums fix everyone.

Didn't know Terrace played football until this year. Apparently you played in other divisions not really known to many.

Welcome to the Zone. You guys are killing it.

Kotara v Suns
    3rds 0-1
    Res 4-2
    1sts 3-2
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    Kotara v Suns
    3rds 0-1
    Res 4-2
    1sts 3-2
    Match report? Plenty of goals and looks close

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Match report? Plenty of goals and looks close
    Suns up 1 early slightly against run of play. Kotara equalised before half time and came back out the stronger going up 3-1. Hat-trick to Chase up front, including a quality 3rd from distance (no long ball goals today!). Suns came back a bit and created a few chances, but couldn't get the equaliser. Kotara deserved the 3 points imo.

Suns VS Dudley on this week Tuesday and Thursday! This should be a cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Suns up 1 early slightly against run of play. Kotara equalised before half time and came back out the stronger going up 3-1. Hat-trick to Chase up front, including a quality 3rd from distance (no long ball goals today!). Suns came back a bit and created a few chances, but couldn't get the equaliser. Kotara deserved the 3 points imo.
    Would prefer a neutral report as I can't fully agree with the above.
    Quality of game was pretty poor from both sides. Small bumpy pitch made for some average football. The two keepers kicked it to each other numerous times and Kotara's had a couple of 40/20's also.
    Keepers both had busy days with some big saves. Suns really tested out the air above the crossbar plenty of times, with the worst of those from 8 yards in the last few minutes. I honestly thought based on the chances a draw would have been a fair result. 5 or 6-all wouldn't have made the keepers look bad IMO.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Would prefer a neutral report as I can't fully agree with the above.
    Quality of game was pretty poor from both sides. Small bumpy pitch made for some average football. The two keepers kicked it to each other numerous times and Kotara's had a couple of 40/20's also.
    Keepers both had busy days with some big saves. Suns really tested out the air above the crossbar plenty of times, with the worst of those from 8 yards in the last few minutes. I honestly thought based on the chances a draw would have been a fair result. 5 or 6-all wouldn't have made the keepers look bad IMO.
    Yeh fair enough assessment. You wont get too many high quality games on Nesbitt unfortunately! Its almost as bad as Carrington!

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Yeh fair enough assessment. You wont get too many high quality games on Nesbitt unfortunately! Its almost as bad as Carrington!
    Nothing as bad as Carro. There's just more room to allow for the bad touches.

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Nothing as bad as Carro. There's just more room to allow for the bad touches.

Its almost like you two have never been to Pasadena Oval.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Most people prefer to forget it when they travel to the Pasadena Postage Stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Too many times, unfortunately. I try to pretend that it didn't happen.

Kotara V Cardiff catchup.
    Res 2-1
    1sts 3-1

3rds play tomorrow night.

Suns vs Dudley
    3rds 0-3
    Res 0-2

Firsts is Thursday night
    Last edited by Nou Camp; 19-06-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add line

Kotara V Cardiff
    3rds 1-2

The best day in the Newcastle footballing calendar has arrived boys - Suns v Dudley.
    Whats everyones thoughts and predictions? I'm calling a 2-2 draw, but with plenty of drama. 1 red card each perhaps. Looking forward to getting down to carrington tonight!

Bore draw. 0-0