Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Looking at the weather forecast. What happens if there is a washout this weekend. Does the result from last week determine who goes through, does the highest ranked team go through or midweek replay

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Looking at the weather forecast. What happens if there is a washout this weekend. Does the result from last week determine who goes through, does the highest ranked team go through or midweek replay
    In the event of a complete or major washout in any one set of Finals Series Fixtures, the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may seek to put the season back one (1) week IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
    (c) Efforts will be made by the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator to re-locate or re-schedule washed out Finals Series Matches to a suitable venue if the original venue is washed out.
    (d) If it is not possible to achieve any of the outcomes in E 30 (a), (b) or (c), the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may declare the Finals Series event for a specific grade or for all grades to be CANCELLED.
    (e) In the event of the CANCELLATION of ONE leg of the home and away two leg
    SEMI-FINAL Matches, the Winners of the two single leg Semi-Final Matches played shall qualify to play in the GRAND FINAL Match whilst the Losers of the two single leg Semi-Final Matches played shall be eliminated.
    In the event of a score draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the home and away goals Rule (2 for an away goal, 1 for a home goal) will be used to determine the Winner (to proceed to the Grand Final) and the Loser (to be eliminated).
    In the event of a scoreless draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator shall arrange for a play-off Match
    between the two Teams to take place during the week following the drawn Match. If at the end of normal time in this Match the Teams are still locked in a scoreless draw, Rule E 09 (b) (3) shall be used to find the Winner – extra time + penalty kick decider if required (for First Grade only); penalty kick decider (for Reserve and Third Grade).
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

G'day friends, long time no chat! Been in Thailand trying to find a new Mrs since the last one left.

After a forum hiatus I must say that I'm very surprised with what's happening in ZPL!

Mayfield somehow pulled it off again, Jesus... it's got me beat how that bunch of ugly football playing geriatrics have managed it.

Dudley choking! all that money spent on the greatest footballers in Newcastle only to finished second, AGAIN! From all reports I heard they they celebrated winning the league after beating the third grade stakers 5:0 .... Awkward!

Swansea who remembers all that bitching by those who didn't make the cut at the start of the season? Probably noone, it's the best they've been for a long time L O L

Kotara can't believe the one trick ponies made the finals going off recent results they may as well forfeit just like they did in the FFA cup! Haven't heard about anyone being called C#%TS for a while.... Have the lightweights given up the tins?

Also saw the add for Optus' Top Tier Shit Towns (Cardiff and Swansea) can't wait to see that!!

No football at Dudley went down and it's a pool. Any word on a reschedule time for games

ZPL 1v 4 Semi Finals set down for tomorrow at lisle Carr Oval
    have been transferred to Mallabulla Sporting complex
    same times
    3rds Dudley v Suns
    Res Dudley v Kotara
    1sts Mayfield V Kotara
    Massive thanks to Tilligerry FC for taking the games at short notice
    Tilligerry have a liquor Licence so please do not bring any Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by mussfc View Post
    ZPL 1v 4 Semi Finals set down for tomorrow at lisle Carr Oval
    have been transferred to Mallabulla Sporting complex
    same times
    3rds Dudley v Suns
    Res Dudley v Kotara
    1sts Mayfield V Kotara
    Massive thanks to Tilligerry FC for taking the games at short notice
    Tilligerry have a liquor Licence so please do not bring any Alcohol

Any result from today?

Mayfield choked again I heard

Dudley through in two lower grades

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Mayfield choked again I heard

Really!!! 2 years in a row against the same team???

Banned
    Scores?

3rds 2-0 Dudley
    Ressies 3-0 Dudley
    1st 2-1 Kotara

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Toovey View Post
    3rds 2-0 Dudley
    Ressies 3-0 Dudley
    1st 2-1 Kotara
    It was a good day at Tillegerry and the pitch made for some good football. It would be the best ground in this league by streets and allowed the ball to be knocked around in all 3 grades.
    3rd I got there just before half time and the Suns savior the week before had been dropped. Dudley got one late in the first half to level the tie and another in the second half and hung on. Suns sat deep and only troubled Dudley when they were down 2-0 if they did it all game the result might have been different.

Reggies - Kotara looked to kick Dudley of the park and Dudley played football and won 3-0. Kotara had a player sent later.

Firsts - Mayfield have managed to do it again and miss the big dance. Kotara who were coming in with 4 straight losses and were poor last week flicked a switch pinch 2 goals and the tie. Across 2 legs Mayfield didn't bury thier chance and it came back to haunt them.

Anyone know where and when the other semis are being played

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Kotara can't believe the one trick ponies made the finals going off recent results they may as well forfeit just like they did in the FFA cup! Haven't heard about anyone being called C#%TS for a while.... Have the lightweights given up the tins?
    Yeh good chat ya c#%t

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Anyone know where and when the other semis are being played
    1st Grade tomorrow @ Lydon. 7pm kickoff.
    3rds & Res on Wednesday. 630 & 8pm kickoff.
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    1st Grade tomorrow @ Lydon. 7pm kickoff.
    3rds & Res on Wednesday. 630 & 8pm kickoff.
    Cheers

What a weekend, you think the rain is going to spoil everything then suddenly Sunday throws up a gem!

What is going on over at Mayfield? you would think after last season they would have had the determination to get this one home.
    Not only do they win the league and not make the grand final. Twice, they have thrown it away to the weakest team that was lucky to even be in the top 4.
    Really taking the Back to Back to the next level on this one.

Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.

Don’t underestimate Dudley tonight, they’ll be keen to have all three grades in the GF, which would be a fantastic achievement for a great club

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    What a weekend, you think the rain is going to spoil everything then suddenly Sunday throws up a gem!

What is going on over at Mayfield? you would think after last season they would have had the determination to get this one home.
    Not only do they win the league and not make the grand final. Twice, they have thrown it away to the weakest team that was lucky to even be in the top 4.
    Really taking the Back to Back to the next level on this one.

Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.
    Honking... If you were at the silky Mallabula Sporting Complex yesterday you would have seen the team that played with determination did get the result. I think Mayfield went in a bit too confident after going into the game 1-0 up. I suppose Kotara South did "limp" into the top 4. But when it counts they got the job done. I do feel a bit for Mayfield, they have been the best team for a couple of years but we live in Australia where we play final series.

Either way will be a good day next Sunday at Adamstown, I'm sure the Kotara boys will be right up for it again. It just might be their year!

Its amazing that all the Kotara Keyboard warriors from last year have been dead silent for months until Sunday night, did they finally get the NBN?

I was at Mallabula on Sunday myself actually, thought i'd get the kids out of the house, and from what i saw on the weekend, Kotara were VERY lucky to go through! Credit to them scored a great goal in the first half to make it 1-1, don't think that lad will hit a shot like that again in his life, semi final footballer stepping up. But Mayfield scored all other goals in the game and Kotara had nothing going forward, plugged 7 in the backline after the own goal and just weathered the storm. For anyone trying to say Kotara were better on the day are clearly just their own supporters, celebrating what to them is their grand final win.

All the luck to them in the GF because frankly, from what i saw yesterday, they will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Its amazing that all the Kotara Keyboard warriors from last year have been dead silent for months until Sunday night, did they finally get the NBN?

I was at Mallabula on Sunday myself actually, thought i'd get the kids out of the house, and from what i saw on the weekend, Kotara were VERY lucky to go through! Credit to them scored a great goal in the first half to make it 1-1, don't think that lad will hit a shot like that again in his life, semi final footballer stepping up. But Mayfield scored all other goals in the game and Kotara had nothing going forward, plugged 7 in the backline after the own goal and just weathered the storm. For anyone trying to say Kotara were better on the day are clearly just their own supporters, celebrating what to them is their grand final win.

All the luck to them in the GF because frankly, from what i saw yesterday, they will need it.
    I think you got it in one. Fair call on the game. Good luck to the Tigers from Kotara they did what they had to