Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post

Yeah nah been given the big N-O for Smith Park. Currently exploring other options with NF
    Really? Whats the issue?
    Obviously its no Wembley, but it has the basics (canteen, sheds etc) and could be fenced off on match days.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Really? Whats the issue?
    Obviously its no Wembley, but it has the basics (canteen, sheds etc) and could be fenced off on match days.
    My understanding is it's a facilities thing - the field is ok apparently.

My understanding is it's a facilities thing - the field is ok apparently.
    The sheds haven't changed since I played there last, 2000 I think it was.
    Sheds were/are small, but no smaller than Warners Bay sheds were until they built there new sheds and they let them come and go in ZPL for years.
    On that note Bero's sheds aren't that big either.(and no I'm not picking on Bero, just a comparison) so what's the problem, you win you go up, didn't know we are criteria based in ZPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    The sheds haven't changed since I played there last, 2000 I think it was.
    Sheds were/are small, but no smaller than Warners Bay sheds were until they built there new sheds and they let them come and go in ZPL for years.
    On that note Bero's sheds aren't that big either.(and no I'm not picking on Bero, just a comparison) so what's the problem, you win you go up, didn't know we are criteria based in ZPL.
    (b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.
    (c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator each season.

Yeah the sheds are very basic and pretty gross. The ability for fencing the ground off maybe? I wasn't at the meeting so this is all second hand knowledge, but my understanding is it's facilities holding us back.

[QUOTE=la bazzle;228151](b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.
    (c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator each season.

Well never knew or didn't really pay much attention to that section, it hasn't stopped anyone in the past from rising to ZPL as long as I can remember.

[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;228153]
    (b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.

Well never knew or didn't really pay much attention to that section, it hasn't stopped anyone in the past from rising to ZPL as long as I can remember.
    When they brought it in and did the reconfiguration of ZL they brought in some fencing requirements. We at New Lambton were cool as we were at Adamstown Oval at the time, but when we moved back to Alder Park we had issues. We managed to manually fence off the ground each match day, and it was ok'd at the time. Newy Football may have a different view of whether that is applicable 6-7 years down the line, and obviously views can change, but that's what we did (until we could fund a fence, get agreement with others users, approval from council etc).

The other main issue would likely be lighting. Not sure what the deal is at Smith Park, but there are lighting expectations as well for ZPL. Obviously that is a more difficult one to solve (ie/ clubs needs raise $$ as all sporting clubs are basically expected to upgrade facilities these days).

[QUOTE=idontwannaplaywithhowey;228155]

The other main issue would likely be lighting. Not sure what the deal is at Smith Park, but there are lighting expectations as well for ZPL. Obviously that is a more difficult one to solve (ie/ clubs needs raise $$ as all sporting clubs are basically expected to upgrade facilities these days).
    Could be on to something here - defo no lights

La bazzle what happened to the ground in the back of Waratah?
    Used to be a cricket pitch in the middle but was pretty much abandoned.
    Cardiff played a trial there against you.
    Went passed the other day and now fully fenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    La bazzle what happened to the ground in the back of Waratah?
    Used to be a cricket pitch in the middle but was pretty much abandoned.
    Cardiff played a trial there against you.
    Went passed the other day and now fully fenced.
    Thomas Percy. Yeah we used to borrow it for preseason, there’s goals up all year round.
    We initially had plans to use it but it probably needed more work than Smith Park.

From memory someone was using it? Mayfield (not sure which) used it for training a few times, also I think a women’s team might have been using it? They must have fenced it for cricket but I’m not sure how much use it gets?

I haven’t seen it since the trial vs you guys. Might have to swing by tomorrow.

Thomas Percy. Yeah we used to borrow it for preseason, there’s goals up all year round.
    We initially had plans to use it but it probably needed more work than Smith Park.

From memory someone was using it? Mayfield (not sure which) used it for training a few times, also I think a women’s team might have been using it? They must have fenced it for cricket but I’m not sure how much use it gets?

I haven’t seen it since the trial vs you guys. Might have to swing by tomorrow.
    Thomas Percy has had a new cement cricket pitch put in it. I think it is used for rep cricket training and games. Hunter Christian Churches play on there and Mayfield use it as a second ground. But it has been washed out for weeks this year as it has the worst drainage .

They should play in the middle of the showground.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    They should play in the middle of the showground.
    I heard they might be using Carrington. One on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I heard they might be using Carrington. One on the list.
    Not on our ground, must be over on Jordan Oval

What's the thoughts on the spare weekend. I'm not a fan but that's just personal I'd rather see the season flow

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What's the thoughts on the spare weekend. I'm not a fan but that's just personal I'd rather see the season flow
    its a joke, piss it off.
    We now have new rules about washed out games, 2 weeks to get them done, don't need a spare weekend, unless a pasha storm roles in on rd 16

its a joke, piss it off.
    We now have new rules about washed out games, 2 weeks to get them done, don't need a spare weekend, unless a pasha storm roles in on rd 16
    Agree and what if next week is a washout it's so stupid

If they insist on having it, they should at least make it the weekend before semis. So if in a case like I believe it is this year with no games the teams in the finals get a week rest beforehand and the teams out don’t have to sit out a week then play their final game. But I agree just scrape the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    If they insist on having it, they should at least make it the weekend before semis. So if in a case like I believe it is this year with no games the teams in the finals get a week rest beforehand and the teams out don’t have to sit out a week then play their final game. But I agree just scrape the idea.
    The clubs involved when this was originally tabled voted to have the Round 18 game played before the Finals series so that you have flow into the Finals - so they voted to NOT have the week off before the Finals.

Footballs back. Does anyone think Cardiff can pinch points off Mayfield. Or do we think Mayfield will put a few past them

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Footballs back. Does anyone think Cardiff can pinch points off Mayfield. Or do we think Mayfield will put a few past them
    Mayfield V Cardiff will be a great game. All i can see Cardiff trying to injure as many blokes as they can before the final whistle. But Cardiff don't have the same bite they once had, sitting in 9th with nothing to play for.

Bigger question should be, can Dudley get a decent result against another side in the Top 4? Kotara are no mugs and i'm pretty sure they have the Young Whippet back now, rumour has it he was chasing the one ring over in Hobbiton. That's my game of the week.