Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Thirds: Kotara 1-0 Dudley
    Ressies: mayfield 3-2 Dudley

Nice to see that despite missing out in first grade that both Dudley and mayfield were able to get some first graders a bit of grand final action.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Kotara have been in plenty of grand finals over the past few years. They’re used to it and always pull a big crowd from what I’ve seen.
    After the Dudley and Mayfield supporters cleared out it was like a ghost town.... All of Swansea's supporters must've been watching the better Swansea team over at Edgeworth and Kotara's must've left to get on the piss with their 3rd grade guys. I wouldn't want to stand in the sun all day waiting for 1st grade to lose either

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    After the Dudley and Mayfield supporters cleared out it was like a ghost town.... All of Swansea's supporters must've been watching the better Swansea team over at Edgeworth and Kotara's must've left to get on the piss with their 3rd grade guys. I wouldn't want to stand in the sun all day waiting for 1st grade to lose either
    They must have gotten bored of being in the grand final. It was never going to be a game that would attract neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAreYa?
    They must have gotten bored of being in the grand final. It was never going to be a game that would attract neutrals.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp
    Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.
    It was never going to be a game that would attract anyone, I thought everyone was well aware of that.
    I did Check the scoreline last night and thought it was generous for Kotara (I was expecting swansea to put 5 or so on them).

Who won and what was score

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Who won and what was score
    Panthers 54-10 Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Panthers 54-10 Knights
    Some Poor goal keeping going by the score line

Congrats swansea, well deserved.
    Also, Rumours of Some ripper early end of season 2020 deals locked in for the green tigers, sometime beletween the semi and gf apparrently

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Congrats swansea, well deserved.
    Also, Rumours of Some ripper early end of season 2020 deals locked in for the green tigers, sometime beletween the semi and gf apparrently
    Wow, imagine not winning a minor premiership or a grand final for two straight years and STILL having the balls to throw shade on here.

Sorry, forgot to say congrats to Mayfield on the Minor premiership for two thousand and whatever. In other news, imagine being too much of a coward to shake hands after the final whistle then trying to start in the carpark while holding your toddler bahaha

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Sorry, forgot to say congrats to Mayfield on the Minor premiership for two thousand and whatever. In other news, imagine being too much of a coward to shake hands after the final whistle then trying to start in the carpark while holding your toddler bahaha
    Jesus, can’t condone that type of attitude around a child. I did see the push and shove after the whistle but nothing in the car park.

Interesting though that Kotara seem to have an issue handling their grog though, first dropping C Bombs against Warners Bay and now posting insults on their mad Monday. Maybe it’s time to look into each clubs regarding this type of culture, royal commission needed?

ive whinged about suns being grubs as much as the next bloke on here - but maybe they havent been the problem all along.
    Dudley and Mayfield both having car park incidents after their semi finals, one with a woman getting hurt and one with a toddler involved? Doesnt reflect well on the thistles or tigers.

moving on from the pot stirring - which club do we think had the better year:

Swansea: Firsts GF Winners, 3rd (but close to top, and top scorers)
    Ressies 3rd
    Thirds -

Kotara: Firsts GF runners up, 4th (closer to 5th than 3rd)
    Ressies 4th
    Thirds GF Winners, 3rd

Mayfield: Firsts Minor Premiers, 1st (on goal difference)
    Ressies GF Winners, 2nd
    Thirds 2nd

Dudley: Firsts 2nd (on goal difference)
    Ressies GF Runner up, convincing 1st
    Thirds GF Runner up, convincing 1st

Suns: Firsts -
    Ressies -
    Thirds - 4th

Just based on teams that made the finals in any capacity. From that a pretty good mix of success across the comp. I think best achiever probably Swansea- winning the GF in firsts is the big goal in Australia, like it or not. Then I'd pick Mayfield over Kotara, just because Kotara not winning the GF means semi final win means nothing other than bragging rights over mayfield (which im sure they enjoy) - and a ressies GF win is better than a thirds win.

Mayfield getting minor premiers again is a big achievement, and their ressies and thirds running 2nd with a GF wins puts them just behind Swansea for me as having the best year.

Dudley hugely unlucky yet again - 1st grade missing out on a minor premiership by a couple of goals, ressies and thirds dominating the comp - i think if anyone had asked before finals started, they were looking very strong but noone has copped a worse few weeks than them.

Suns wont be happy with how their year went.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheBean; 10-09-2019 at 10:38 AM.

The biggest issue facing ZPL is it is becoming a 4 or 5 team comp every year, the rest make up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The biggest issue facing ZPL is it is becoming a 4 or 5 team comp every year, the rest make up the numbers
    This happens pretty much all over the world, can’t see it being an issue, clubs should step up or move on

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    This happens pretty much all over the world, canÂ’t see it being an issue, clubs should step up or move on
    Aren't the superstars of local football coming into ZPL next season.

I’m hoping Azzuri have a stellar squad, would be great to have extra competition in the league. Then we can finally get rid of the Raymond Terrace flogs who hurt my feelings earlier this year with their cyber bullying

Well the Cardiff First Grade Coach certainly made himself look/sound like a f....ing goose on Optus Sports top tier towns!!

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Well the Cardiff First Grade Coach certainly made himself look/sound like a f....ing goose on Optus Sports top tier towns!!
    Now there is the problem !!

Any early transfer rumours floating about? Surely noone good is going to cardiff after seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Any early transfer rumours floating about? Surely noone good is going to cardiff after seeing that.
    Hopefully the Gypos don’t see that and use it for propaganda purposes. They already say that we are bogans....