Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Suns: we arent a grub club

Also Suns: get two sent off against cardiff, including kicking a bloke when he is on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post

Also Suns: get two sent off against cardiff, including kicking a bloke when he is on the ground

lol okay
    maybe add some further details in there
    played pushed the player with his knee after being elbowed, is obviously a red card but linesman only saw that and not that it was a retalition

other red was after the whistle for having a go at the ref (which i usually dont condone) but geeez he pretty got every decision wrong that day for both teams

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    lol okay
    maybe add some further details in there
    played pushed the player with his knee after being elbowed, is obviously a red card but linesman only saw that and not that it was a retalition

other red was after the whistle for having a go at the ref (which i usually dont condone) but geeez he pretty got every decision wrong that day for both teams
    sorry i'll add that in.

Also Suns: get two sent off against cardiff, one for kicking a bloke on the ground as retaliation, and another for abusing a referee bad enough to get sent off, because he had a bad day (for both teams).

Gentlemen of the game, playing for the shirt

Move on please, I’m a wee bit over this crap, let’s talk footy

Carrrrrn the Suns! Great club.

PS Barnsley to get the choccies over the terrace this weekend. Voted for the bulldogs for relegation but I think they will get up against the Raymond Terrorists. Backing Terrace to get their act together and finish above the Bulldogs come September, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Jokes aside. Is this the same Terrace team as last year?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post

lol warned everyone.

The more you look the more you see. Dont listen to these Suns muppets being all upset and defensive for their grubbiness. Its for others to judge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Telling off official is NEVER okay except from the grub club. Fold the club.
    Last edited by traffic light; 22-05-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Hate when we are winning, hate when we aren't haha. Pretty standard, but didn't realise so many want us relegated Not sure if it's banter or genuine. Either way doesn't change anything that we do. On the field we don't have issues with anyone, it's the guys on the other side of the white line and behind their computers that seem to have the most to say.
    Others vote for your actions. Bad luck chump.

Wonder whats on for next week? Go the spit like your sister club? or stick to low hacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Jokes aside. Is this the same Terrace team as last year?
    Heard a few left with the step up.
    And a few joined.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Others vote for your actions. Bad luck chump.

Wonder whats on for next week? Go the spit like your sister club? or stick to low hacks?
    You’re a tosser. Sorry, I don’t do hide behind screen internet fights. If you want a proper discussion just ask for Lofty at Carrington on Sunday and I’ll be happy to have a chat. If not, pipe down. You’re a waste of time.
    Last edited by Lofty; 22-05-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Well damn! I dont look at the forums for a week and when I get back you guys are organising fist fights, I love it.
    The poll had me more excited than the election, I got to at least a full blown semi, the misses was stoked.

Lets look at the best part of the week, the weekend.

Cardiff vs Dudley
    Dudley are having some trouble getting their superstars to shine but will still get it over the line.
    1-2 Dudley. could be a firey game, might be worth having a stickybeak.

Barnsley vs Raymond Terrace
    Oh baby! Match of the round! This will most likely be the critical factor in determining who is the lucky squad that has the footballing gods take mercy on and demote them back to ZL1.
    This will be a delicious dumpster fire of a match with Barnsley coming out on top. Wondering what the excuses will be. predicting the score for this game is like playing yahtzee, you just roll the dice. 3-2

The Suns vs Swansea
    The current feeling is that if the Suns dont maim anyone or tell the ref to go f#$k himself (ofcourse only improve the quality of the standard of newcastle refereeing), is that this will be a good game between two teams fighting for a top 4 spot.
    The suns are down a few players (red cards, lofty is happy to fill you in, see his post above) and swansea just finished dropping Raymond Terrace off at school. Swansea will take the points facing the weakned suns lineup. 1-2

Warners Bay vs Mayfield
    Its just going to be Mayfield, no need to break it down or make jokes... its just, Mayfield. 0-4

Bero vs Kotara
    Bero have shown some improvment this season and surprisingly to most of us have clawed their way up out of the sh!t to look like being a mid table team. It wont be enough tho, Kotara will do the same things they do every damn week that for whatever reason just keeps getting results. The game is at Bero, so as always that crap ground will be a factor, plenty of goals, with Bero's fan base the only rivial for Kotara in the hostile crowd stakes. Kotara need to get some rum into their champion this weekend and set him loose on the locals, ive predialed 0 - 0 on my phone waiting for this one. 1-4

Afternoon ZPL Fans.

Another week another rundown, currently 8/10 in the tipping comp, pretty chuffed. Before we get into the swing of things, we had a total of 85 votes on the Relegation Poll, the results below speak for themselves;

Relegation Results
    Newcastle Suns - 40% - 34 votes
    Barnsley – 23% - 20 votes
    Raymond Terrace – 23% - 20 votes
    Cardiff – 13% - 11 votes

Into this week’s tips!

Cardiff vs Dudley
    Plain and simple this entire game relies on whether Dudley decide to turn up on the day. Fairly inconsistent results from the Thistles, however they have only lost to Mayfield. They will either pump Cardiff by 3 or more or scrap out a 1-0 win against a team they believe to be below them. Cardiff did surprise like week against the Suns scrapping together a 2-2 draw however I just see Duds being too strong on the day, unfortunately for everyone else in the comp.
    4-1 Dudley.

Barnsley vs Raymond Terrace
    Plastic Fan’s Game of the Week.
    I would imagine this game will be generating a bit of buzz around the comp as both sides seem to be in a dead heat for Relegation this year (based on results not personal preference), it would be interesting to watch just to find out how bad a game of football could be. This will either go one of two ways, a tightly contested match with a nail-biting finish or an absolute goal fest with both sides (despite one side having the one of the best full backs in the comp) conceding 3 or 4 goals each. The only thing that is for certain is, there will be red cards and someone from the crowd will have too much to drink and abuse will be hurled.
    3-3 Draw

Newcastle Suns vs Swansea FC
    The Suns have two things to prove this week;
    1. They belong in this comp
    2. They aren’t grubs
    Last week we witnessed the Swans come together again after a tough week against Mayfield by pumping Terrace 7-0. The Suns will be a depleted side with the two undeserved red cards last week. Not much to say about this game except that I don’t see this going to a draw. The Swans do have some quality and I can see them scrapping by this week.
    2-1 Swansea

Warners Bay vs Mayfield United
    Mayfield rarely concede and Warners Bay rarely score. The proverbial long ball from the Green Tigers will simply destroy the Bay. It won’t be a whitewash though, because Mayfield fail to capitalise on most of their chances; last week was a fluke, so it will be a close game. Everyone hates playing on Sundays, and frankly I can just see it being a slow game for most parts. Should be a good crowd down at the ground though, there’s nothing else to do around town if you don’t own a boat.
    2-0 Mayfield

Beresfield vs Kotara South
    Kotara, easy. Long Ball, Young Whippet collects, Slots past old man in goals, Repeat.
    5-0 Kotara

Looking forward to another cracking weekend.
    Last edited by PlasticFan; 23-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Round 7 Stats & Predictions
    Cardiff 8th vs. Dudley 2nd
    - Cardiff are the only club yet to win a home game this season.
    - Cardiff have the worst home record in the league, only scoring 2 goals.
    - All of Dudley’s 6 goals conceded have come away from home.
    - Only 4 of Dudley’s 13 points have come away from home.
    - Dudley are undefeated in 5 games.
    Dudley 2-0

Barnsley 10th vs. R. Terrace 9th – Match of the Round
    - Both teams have lost 5 games in a row.
    - Barnsley’s only win of the season came in round 1 at home.
    - R. Terrace have only score 1 goal in their 3 away games.
    - Barnsley have conceded 12 goals in their 3 home games, a league high.
    Draw 2-2

Suns 5th vs. Swansea 3rd
    - Suns are now undefeated in 4 games.
    - Swansea are the league second highest goals scorers with 24.
    - Swansea have the best away record in the league.
    - Only 1 of Swansea’s 13 goals conceded have come on the road.
    Swansea 2-1

W. Bay 6th vs. Mayfield 1st
    - 7 out of the Bay’s 10 goals have come at home this season.
    - The Bay lost 11-0 midweek in their FFA cup game vs. H. Olympic
    - Mayfield are now undefeated in 25 competitive league games, going back to round 17, 2017.
    - Mayfield’s D. Harvey is now the league’s leading goal scorer (9).
    Mayfield 4-0

Bero. 7th vs. Kotara 4th
    - Kotara have won all 3 of their away games this season.
    - Bero are winless in 3 games.
    Kotara 4-1

Round 7 Picks

Record 15/30 hard to pick this season

Cardiff 1-2 Dudley - I expect this to be a tough game Cardiff have been getting better each week but Dudley will prove to strong this week.

Barnsley 3-3 Terrace - Bottom of the table clash im expecting goals but canÂ’t pick a winner I expect one of these teams to be relegated at the end of the season.

Suns 1-4 Swansea - Swansea have lived up to the early season hype and I see them winning against a depleted Suns squad on Sunday, Suns been struggling all grades this season but they have the quality to turn it around.

Warners Bay 0-3 Mayfield - Mayfield are backing up there undefeated season from last year and are proving they are the best team in the comp.

Beresfield 2-5 Kotara - Kotara have the possibility of putting a 7 point gap between the top 4 with a win this week and other results going there way and I expect them to deliver and beat Beresfield.

We can't win at home FC 1:1 Underachievers
    How Cardiff got the least amount of votes in the recent poll I'll never know! Dudley to play bad and throw away points. Dudley's coach to abuse Cardiff, storm off without shaking hands and leave the ground without talking to the duds. He might even have a cry in the car on the way home.

Westy's dregs 0:1 ZL1 Heroes SC
    Might get the Holden HQ 1 tonner out of the garage and back it up to the edge of the pitch and sink some JD tins to fit in with the locals. Combine the goals these teams have scored and they still haven't scored more than 8th placed Cardiff. This will be the worst game in the history of football.

Kick a man while he's down FC 3:2 Bali Imports FC
    "I got the ball you f%$king idiot ref" is the cry carrington will hear all afternoon, When actually Suns are just kicking players whilst on the ground. If Swansea's GK could catch they'd win this one.

Olympic FC 3:3 Ugly Football FC
    Mayfield are incredibile, they play the shittiest style of football known to man but somehow things go their way. Maybe theres a few favours being thrown the refs way??? After a mid week fisting the bay might actually string a few passes together, must win game for them.

Shit Ground Shit Sheds Fc 1:3 Crowd should drink light beer FC (you C#$ts)
    Bero's defence is woeful (almost as bad as Terrace and Barnsley) I can't believe the coach hasn't subbed himself on yet. If you want something done right, do it your self! am i right?!?!
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 24-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.

We can't win at home FC 1:1 Underachievers
    How Cardiff got the least amount of votes in the recent poll I'll never know! Dudley to play bad and throw away points. Dudley's coach to abuse Cardiff, storm off without shaking hands and leave the ground without talking to the duds. He might even have a cry in the car on the way home.,
    Sorry but your description of the Dudley coach is a little out of line, not sure what you base your prediction of him on but you seem to me as someone that’s never played at a decent level and your struggling with it, maybe someone needs a cuddle from mum, jog on son

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Sorry but your description of the Dudley coach is a little out of line, not sure what you base your prediction of him on but you seem to me as someone that’s never played at a decent level and your struggling with it, maybe someone needs a cuddle from mum, jog on son
    Which part mate? two of the three things ive witnessed/heard about. I don't often travel in the same car as he does so took a guess there

Have a nice weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Which part mate? two of the three things ive witnessed/heard about. I don't often travel in the same car as he does so took a guess there

Have a nice weekend!
    What have you heard enlighten us all

Time for a change of topic....

Does anyone actually know what is happening with NPL and NL1 next year? If a ZPL club was to consider going up do they have to apply? Is there a criteria released for such application? Have applications been sort?

I find it strange that a re-structure is to occur for 2020 yet half way through the 2019 season there has been next to no direction given from NNSWF. Or have i missed it?