Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Surely tonight's game is washed out

With Barnsley putting all of the money they could spend on players into the grounds drainage, I’m pretty sure the game will be on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    With Barnsley putting all of the money they could spend on players into the grounds drainage, I’m pretty sure the game will be on tonight.
    I'm not involved with club officially this year but last I heard it was still on, so seems money was well spent. Still playing ZPL without paying players

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I'm not involved with club officially this year but last I heard it was still on, so seems money was well spent. Still playing ZPL without paying players
    There is playing then there is competing. Barnsley definitely are just playing in ZPL

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    There is playing then there is competing. Barnsley definitely are just playing in ZPL

Farking Hell... someone call the god damn Vet because we have a Bulldog here thats going to need to be put out of its misery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Farking Hell... someone call the god damn Vet because we have a Bulldog here thats going to need to be put out of its misery!!!
    What would I have to be upset about.

Round 9 Stats & Predictions
    Thursday
    Barnsley 10th vs. Suns 5th

- Barnsley have lost 7 games in a row.
    - Barnsley have the league’s worst attack (6) and worst defence (39).
    - Barnsley’s only points of the season came at home on the opening round.
    - Only 7 of the Suns 18 goals have been scored away from home.
    - Suns are undefeated in 5 games.
    - Barnsley have only registered 3 different goals scorers this season.
    Suns 5-0

Saturday
    Cardiff 9th vs. Mayfield 1st

- Cardiff are winless in 4 matches.
    - Only 1 of Cardiff’s 5 points has come at home.
    - Only 3 of Cardiff’s 10 goals have come at home.
    - Mayfield’s 2 goals conceded have both come on the road.
    Mayfield 3-0

Sunday
    W. Bay 6th vs. Swansea 3rd

- Swansea are the league’s top goal scorers with 30.
    - W Bay have only 1 player who has scored more than 1 goal this season.
    - 81% (13/16) of Swansea’s goals conceded have come at home.
    - Swansea’s last 7 rounds: W-L-W-L-W-L-W.
    Swansea 2-1

Dudley 2nd vs. Kotara 4th – Match of the Round
    - Dudley have won all three of their home games.
    - Dudley are yet to concede a home goal this season.
    - Only 3 of Kotara’s 11 goals conceded have come on the road.
    - 9 of Kotara’s 12 points have come away from home.
    - Kotara have also scored 76% of their goals away from home.
    Draw 2-2

Bero 7th vs R. Terrace 8th
    - Bero were in a 1-1 draw last week when their game was abandoned against leaders Mayfield.
    - 7 of Bero’s 10 points have come at home this season.
    - R. Terrace won their last away game 5-0 vs. Barnsley.
    - R. Terrace last 4 games have averaged out at 6.5 goals per game.
    Bero 3-1

Barnsley v Suns
    Thirds 0-5
    Ressies 0-2
    Origin 18-14
    It's football, not s***er!!

What would I have to be upset about.
    In the ZPL Barnsley have played 26 games, and won 4 (only promoted 2018).
    You have conceeded 91 goals, thats -3.5 a game for the people playing at home.
    If you had conceeded something like another 13 goals over all those 26 games, it would mean that you could have from the start of your time in ZPL never fielded a team and only forfieted you would have actually been in a better position (goal difference wise, and everyone would be better off having Barnsley being demoted).

Fun fact: If you had forfieted all 8 games this season your goal difference would be +1 better than it currently is.

I guess we will have to break it down for you into "bite size" pieces.

- Your club is the equivalent of a fluffer for the other teams.
    - You cant/dont win anything.
    - You are lucky to still even be a apart of ZPL being on par on with the BYE in terms of performance, jagging a win or two a season to barely scrape by.

Id be pretty upset but hey its ok, Barnsley dont pay anyone BUT you do have a great football pitch... right...
    You are dreaming if you think EVERY other club is paying anyone/everyone to play for them... but yes, we all know there are SOME clubs that do pay players.
    Its a weak as piss excuse to try and deflect the crap quality of a football club.

Barnsley vs. Suns
    See the post above for a breakdown of how this one will pan out. Being a fan of statistics and probablility I'd be willing to say that there is a very good chance this one will have at least four suns goals in it.
    0-7 Suns... I said at least 4.

Cardiff vs. Mayfield
    Mayfield were shakey last weekend and I heard were on the road to get rocked by Bero. Cardiff were finding form but got put down a peg by Dudley.
    did bero crack Mayfields armour, maybe. Will Cardiff be the club to find out, probably not.
    0-3 Mayfield

Warners Bay vs. Swansea
    I tossed a coin and it came up as Warners bay on form this week. Both teams are looking for that 4th place. will be an interesting game to watch.
    2-1 Warners Bay

Dudley vs. Kotara
    Best game of the round, Dudley will get the job done at home.
    2-1 Dudley.

Bero vs Raymond Terrace
    Bero will be feeling robbed after last weekend and looking to pick up where they left off. Raymond Terrace will be feeling robbed after last weekend but they are still waiting for the police to come around and dust for prints and take their formal statement for the report. The game is at Bero so that makes everything messy as well.
    4 - 2 Bero.

If you had conceeded something like another 13 goals over all those 26 games, it would mean that you could have from the start of your time in ZPL never fielded a team and only forfieted you would have actually been in a better position (goal difference wise, and everyone would be better off having Barnsley being demoted).

Fun fact: If you had forfieted all 8 games this season your goal difference would be +1 better than it currently is.

- You are lucky to still even be a apart of ZPL being on par on with the BYE in terms of performance, jagging a win or two a season to barely scrape by.

Id be pretty upset but hey its ok, Barnsley dont pay anyone BUT you do have a great football pitch... right...
    You are dreaming if you think EVERY other club is paying anyone/everyone to play for them... but yes, we all know there are SOME clubs that do pay players.
    Its a weak as piss excuse to try and deflect the crap quality of a football club.
    Just wow

Stop the press, the donkey has been up all night researching and has come up with Barnsley haven't been competitive in ZPL. I'm in shock, I can't believe I haven't seen it for myself and youve broken my heart now I'm really upset.

And now you've blessed me with this news I am going straight to the committee and demand they make the team play up to your standard.

Stop the press, the donkey has been up all night researching and has come up with Barnsley haven't been competitive in ZPL. I'm in shock, I can't believe I haven't seen it for myself and youve broken my heart now I'm really upset.

And now you've blessed me with this news I am going straight to the committee and demand they make the team play up to your standard.
    No need to thank me, It didnt take that long at all.
    We use fancy things called computers now, takes a few minutes at most to get those kind of stats and most of us can do maths in our heads so that speeds things up a little.
    After all you were the one that needed it explained to you and asked for us to spoon feed this to you... so im glad that I could do my civic/social duty for this week and help out the special people within our society to help us all be more inclusive.
    Hopefully the committee will listen to you but when your "meetings" are held on the short bus to daycare im not sure much will sink in.

No need to thank me, It didnt take that long at all.
    We use fancy things called computers now, takes a few minutes at most to get those kind of stats and most of us can do maths in our heads so that speeds things up a little.
    After all you were the one that needed it explained to you and asked for us to spoon feed this to you... so im glad that I could do my civic/social duty for this week and help out the special people within our society to help us all be more inclusive.
    Hopefully the committee will listen to you but when your "meetings" are held on the short bus to daycare im not sure much will sink in.
    With the smarts you feel you have I'm surprised you needed a computer to figure out what everyone else already knows. Also just so you know having a computer isn't really that fancy anymore theyre more of an everyday item for most.
    I'll make this easier for you and point out that my last comment had a lot of sarcasm in it, and if I wasn't upset before you tried to point out something I already knew, why would I be upset now.
    Also I think the committee meetings are at the ground, that way they are never cancelled due to wet weather ( drainage paying off again). But nice try with the low socioeconomic joke.

But nice try with the low socioeconomic joke.
    I was implying you were mentally handicapped/challeneged. Not fully aware... not the sharpest tool in the draw... im not sure how much more politely I can put this.
    Do I need to break that down now as well?

No need to be so upset about it, its ok. We all forgive you. We understand.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 06-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Juuuuust to make things interesting....

Not sure if you all know this, but promotion between ZL1 and ZPL isn't automatic.
    (c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be
    based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be
    determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition
    Administrator each season.
    Sooo, should Azzuri finish first (they're first in ZL1), it doesn't mean Barnsley automatically get relegated and Azzuri come up. Given the noise Azzuri have made this season, I'm sure Northern, who administer the Zone Associations, will do their best to ensure they don't get promoted.

Promotion and Relegation between ZL1-3 is COMPULSORY, unlike ZL1 and ZPL.

(b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Not sure if you all know this, but promotion between ZL1 and ZPL isn't automatic.

Sooo, should Azzuri finish first (they're first in ZL1), it doesn't mean Barnsley automatically get relegated and Azzuri come up. Given the noise Azzuri have made this season, I'm sure Northern, who administer the Zone Associations, will do their best to ensure they don't get promoted.

To be fair, I cant think of a time that Northern have every really been involved in a decision like this in Zone Football.
    I would think Azzurri's biggest issue wouldn't be Northern or external forces, more that they would need to ensure their home ground meets ZPL criteria (which is a bit higher than ZL1,2,3).

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Azzurri obviously have the players as they are undefeated this season. However do not have a home ground.
    Barnsley apparently have the best ground in Newcastle. But are last therefore evidently do not have the playing roster.

It’s quite simple, merge the clubs

I was implying you were mentally handicapped/challeneged. Not fully aware... not the sharpest tool in the draw... im not sure how much more politely I can put this.
    Do I need to break that down now as well?

No need to be so upset about it, its ok. We all forgive you. We understand.
    Well you cleared that up, and showed the caliber of the person you are. Someone who tries for humour in attempting to mock people as being mentally handicapped, not much lower then that in my view. Clearly you feel your better then the handicapped and see them as people worth making fun of, and you must be tough to seeing as your doing it on an anonymous forum

Barnsley 2-8 Suns
    It's football, not s***er!!