Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 930

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    did anyone here go to the game? I heard there could have been a red card each for challenges on the keepers - mayfield forward jumping into a challenge from a long way away, and dudley midfielder leaving his boot in on mayfield keeper head. any truth to it?
    Mate I went out to the game and I can't think of either challenge. There was one or 2 tackles that were strong and not worth a yellow but the rest of the game was in good spirits

  2. #242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Mate I went out to the game and I can't think of either challenge. There was one or 2 tackles that were strong and not worth a yellow but the rest of the game was in good spirits
    Cheers mate, probably just exaggerations then

  3. #243
    *cough*

    Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea, showed good form will continue to do so this week (despite the issues). Swansea by a few.
    Kotara vs Mayfield - Best game of the round, will be worth checking out. Mayfield, 0-1.
    Warners Bay vs Suns - Warners Bay slipped in the first round, expecting them to pick up and get the job done against the guys playing for the shirt at the suns. 2-1.
    Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - This is the real test for the terrace, all the talk put a side this will be a good gauge of where they are at. 2-0.
    Bero vs Barnsely - showing form to knock off Warners bay, will get the job done but its going to be scrappy. The match is at Pasadena, a crappy pitch and with the bero crowd to even things up a little for Bero. always plenty of goals on the smallest ground. 2-3.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 11-04-2019 at 04:06 PM.

  4. #244
    Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea
    Kotara vs Mayfield - Draw
    W/Bay vs Suns - Suns
    Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - Draw
    Bero vs Barnsley - Barnsley

  5. #245
    Round 2 Predictions
    Saturday
    Cardiff vs. Swansea
    Both teams followed their early season predictions last week with Cardiff losing to new arrivals Terrace and Swansea thumping Bero. Another win for Swansea cements them as top four potentials while also confirming Cardiff’s tag as relegation battlers. Swansea should be just too strong for Cardiff this week.
    3-0 Swansea

    Kotara vs. Mayfield
    Both teams were the big winners from round 1, beating fellow top 4 rivals from last year. A second win on the trot against a top four team makes for great motivation and will undoubtedly come with the early premier favourites tag. Tipping Mayfield to get the result, but could go either way.
    2-1 Mayfield

    Sunday
    W. Bay vs. Suns
    Both teams lost their round 1 games making this a crucial game to get season off to a start. The Bay should take confidence in the Suns slow starts to seasons and go on the attack. But I feel Suns quality will shine though on this one.
    Suns 3-1


    Dudley vs. R. Terrace
    A very interesting match-up, Terrance will carry their opening day win to the home of premiership favourites Dudley. Terrance should be full of confidence which will make things difficult for Dudley. I tip Dudley to bounce back from their opening day loss with an easy win.
    Dudley 3-0

    Bero vs. Barnsley
    Bero need to bounce back after a heavy opening day loss, while Barnsley can take huge pressure off themselves with opening their season with two wins. Both relegation battlers last year, I feel like Barnsley are more set and prepared this time around and should take this game comfortably.
    Barnsley 3-1

  6. #246
    Cardiff 0:2 Swansea- Optus like to repeat their Top Tier Town shows so we'll get to watch Cardiff getting beat over and over, how good!!
    Kotara 1:1 Mayfield - Good tigers vs bad tigers not sure which ones which yet. Assuming Kotara's tactic is same as last year? long balls to whippet?
    W/Bay 3:1 Suns - Bays new striker to run riot vs the lazy defence and b grade celebrity goal keeper.
    Dudley 3:0 Raymond Terrace - The A-league stars to dominate
    Bero 1:2 Barnsley - Wouldn't be surprised if the bero coach brings himself on this week
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 12-04-2019 at 12:14 PM.

  7. #247
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    3
    Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea 2-4
    Swansea look to have a good front line and a shaky defence. Surprised if they keeps. Clean sheet but think they should be able to run away with the match.

    Kotara vs Mayfield - Mayfield 1-2
    Mayfield, easily the best team in the comp this year as the were last year. Will be a tough game on Kotara’s shit pitch but they’ll get up over Kotara.

    W/Bay vs Suns - Suns 1-3
    Earners Bay are trash and will be the bottom three with Bero and Barnsley.

    Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - Draw 1-1
    Terrace look to have a strong defence, wouldn’t surprise me if Dudley get up by a goal but I’m tipping a draw.

    Bero vs Barnsley - Draw 2-2
    Shit defence and attack vs shit defence and attack. Hardest one to call, so I’ve sat on the fence.

  8. #248
    Tips For The Weekend

    Cardiff 2-4 Swansea - I’m predicting Swansea to keep making there push for the top 4 with a win here.

    Kotara 3-2 Mayfield - Kotara look the real deal this season and will be pushing for the title with Mayfield & Dudley come the end of the season.

    Warners Bay 2-2 Suns - Warners Bay look a lot better then last season & there’s turmoil over at the Suns.

    Dudley 3-1 Raymond Terrace - Dudley to get back to winning ways against newly promoted Raymond Terrace who I don’t expect to win many games away from home.

    Beresfield 1-4 Barnsley - Early relegation battle but I’m not expecting much from Beresfield this season.

  9. #249
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    29
    Kotara vs. Mayfield
    3rds. 2-7
    Red. 0-2
    1st. 1-4

  10. #250
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    558
    Cardiff vs Swansea

    1sts - 4-0 Swansea (all goals in the 1st half)
    Res - 3-1 Swansea
    3rds - 1-0 Swansea

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Optus like to repeat their Top Tier Town shows so we'll get to watch Cardiff getting beat over and over, how good!!
    Yesssssss!!!

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Cardiff vs Swansea

    1sts - 4-0 Swansea (all goals in the 1st half)
    Packerrrr up boys

  13. #253
    I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    440
    Beresfield vs Barnsley
    3rds: 0-3
    Res: 2-1
    1st: 6-1
    Novocastria Youth

  14. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    Dudley V Terrace
    3rds 5-0
    Res 2-0
    1st 1-0

  15. #255
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    41
    Warners Bay vs Suns
    3rd 4-0 Warners Bay
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-1 Warners Bay

  16. #256
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    3
    Made the way up to Kotara to watch Mayfield be their usual dominant self. Be surprised if they lose again this season. They’re just about guaranteed to go up this year.

    Mayfields depth doesn’t look too great and that was evident in both the third and reserve grade matches.



    Went out to the Dudley vs RT game today. Saw the end of reserve grade that ended with a disgusting challenge on the RT goal keeper. He’ll be lucky to play again this season.

    After the ambo left, Dudley went a goal up but overall no team created much. The goal came from a cross, but Dudley were very underwhelming. RT definitely had their chances and the majority of the play very unlucky to lose, the Thistles will do well to make the top four this year.

  17. #257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Roses View Post
    Made the way up to Kotara to watch Mayfield be their usual dominant self. Be surprised if they lose again this season. They’re just about guaranteed to go up this year.

    Mayfields depth doesn’t look too great and that was evident in both the third and reserve grade matches.



    Went out to the Dudley vs RT game today. Saw the end of reserve grade that ended with a disgusting challenge on the RT goal keeper. He’ll be lucky to play again this season.

    After the ambo left, Dudley went a goal up but overall no team created much. The goal came from a cross, but Dudley were very underwhelming. RT definitely had their chances and the majority of the play very unlucky to lose, the Thistles will do well to make the top four this year.
    I think you will find and as a neutral that RT goal keepers leg dug in when he went down to make a save and his weight came down on it. Id love to hear from RT if they think it was a bad challenge the talk between both teams post game indicated it was an unfortunate break and hopefully he recovers quickly. RT in first grade were value for money and created some solid chances and the people saying they will go straight down are in for a shock. Dudley have enough quality that when they click they will be there abouts I think

  18. #258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I think you will find and as a neutral that RT goal keepers leg dug in when he went down to make a save and his weight came down on it. Id love to hear from RT if they think it was a bad challenge the talk between both teams post game indicated it was an unfortunate break and hopefully he recovers quickly. RT in first grade were value for money and created some solid chances and the people saying they will go straight down are in for a shock. Dudley have enough quality that when they click they will be there abouts I think
    Can say that no one is to blame for the keepers injury was just an unfortunate incident and as you said, keepers weight came down on the leg when it was in an awkward position. Keeper himself said it wasn’t from a challenge but from trying to make a save..

  19. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Can say that no one is to blame for the keepers injury was just an unfortunate incident and as you said, keepers weight came down on the leg when it was in an awkward position. Keeper himself said it wasn’t from a challenge but from trying to make a save..
    Thanks Onlooker for clearing that up. It was unfortunate accident as he was having a ripping game with some great 1 on 1 saves up til then

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    ...the people saying they will go straight down are in for a shock.
    Im sorry did they not lose? I must have read the scores back to front. It looked to me... and excuse me if i am mistaken... it looked like they scored 0 goals in 3 games and coceded 8.
    Banter aside, You are right, They probably wont go down this season. ATM Cardiff, Bero or Barnsely have that battle locked in.

    Imagine being the Suns at the bottom of the table and looking up thinking how the hell did we get here when we spent all this money.
    I guess its good for the bottom line, no goal or match bonuses to be paid.

    I heard that Kotara were made look like witches hats by Mayfield. Had no possession, never threatened the goal and pretty much looked like a res grade team that struggled against a team that really never got out of first gear.
    I wasnt there so I dont know how much truth there is to that but its what I was told.


    So after two rounds the ZPL is starting to dish up the goods already.
    Suns vs Mayfield coming up will be juicy.
    Dudley vs Swansea, will be the first real test for swansea.
    and Raymond Terrace vs Kotara... will be another game to feel out the new comers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •