Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newysports and the fallout from Ty Stedman's convictions

Newysports and the fallout from Ty Stedman's convictions

Just saw Newysports post. Pretty sure no club will allow them back to cover the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Just saw Newysports post. Pretty sure no club will allow them back to cover the division.
    Check the next post-NewySports is GORN-and rightfully so

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    holy shit

I'd let this guy into our club

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    holy shit

I'd let this guy into our club
    you would or you would have-read the posts on Newysports and see his comments and the replies-no way Hose

this is why they often make sex offendors disclose to everyone they come into contact with

I am utterly shocked and horrified by this, although I don't know any more about this that I've read on that facebook post (which sounded like a suicide note to me)

and theres none of this 'he was a nice bloke' shit - he clearly wasn't, even though he may have pretended to be nice to those who trusted him

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    you would or you would have-read the posts on Newysports and see his comments and the replies-no way Hose
    no, as in I was the one who registered him as a player all those years ago

clearly I would not have allowed him anywhere near the club had I known

nor would any other club, let's face it

I always thought the bloke was just on the spectrum hence his social inept behaviour over the years. God was I wrong....

I’m just more stunned that the authorities were happy for him to run newysports. How many clubs allowed him access without knowing his inclinations and that he’d never pass a WWC check.

yeah same

I mean I feel like the way with that Jimmy Savile British nonce you'd take one look at him and clearly the guy's a pedo - how did anyone ever trust him?

how did we all mistake this for just awkwardness?

I'm not so upset about the concept of his deluded into thinking it was appropriate to cover sporting games but I am very upset at 1. His family/friends etc who knew his past history and 2. the authorities or whoever manages his activity.
    It's like giving a crack addict crack and getting him to promise not to do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I'm not so upset about the concept of his deluded into thinking it was appropriate to cover sporting games but I am very upset at 1. His family/friends etc who knew his past history and 2. the authorities or whoever manages his activity.
    It's like giving a crack addict crack and getting him to promise not to do anything with it.
    Yup 100%. Both have a lot to answer for.

yeah same - I think I met his mum back when I registered him and nothing was disclosed to me

I mean I'm pissed and disgusted and utterly ropable about this - and I say this not knowing anything about what has happened, but this is nothing compared to his victims

Unfortunate for the league as despite all these developments the coverage of the league in general was a good thing. Unlikely to see anything done like this again.
    Looks like the foz will be the new place to discuss rumours and results!

yeah same - I think I met his mum back when I registered him and nothing was disclosed to me

I mean I'm pissed and disgusted and utterly ropable about this - and I say this not knowing anything about what has happened, but this is nothing compared to his victims
    If you're talking about Kahibah, he isn't the only convicted sex offender to have played for the club. One of your all-age players did time for rape though he has since now gone to Kotara South.

no I wasn't talking about Kahibah - but this highlights an issue that there's a lot of clubs out there, all NewFM clubs really and the associations, who haven't made him do a working with children check

even though this was just adult football he was covering all games on the days, including youth games

clubs, the associations and even the police talking to the clubs if they knew - how did this fall through the cracks?

I go away for 2 week thinking there is nothing doing the odd coaching change. What the hell have I missed

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I go away for 2 week thinking there is nothing doing the odd coaching change. What the hell have I missed
    Mate, I'm wondering the same thing....

If we as a community want to deal with the issue, I think we all need to just never ever mention the dude again. Let him disappear into obscurity as if he never existed. This will damage him more than being talked about negatively, I can nearly guarentee it.

Let NNSW admin, and the clubs themselves, work PRIVATELY on banning this character and setting up systems in future to prevent similar scenarios happen.

But otherwise we as a community shouldn't mention him again, as there's no such thing as bad press and being talked about will be the thing that keeps the dude relevant.
    OK

he's definitely persona non grata as far as I'm concerned but is that the solution?

put the word newysports as a blocked word on this forum, wipe all records of him from history?

I think that's a good idea but it should just be the start - from now on all club volunteers should have a check done

I know I won't be as trusting, particularly with anyone who is a bit weird looking like he was

he's definitely persona non grata as far as I'm concerned but is that the solution?

put the word newysports as a blocked word on this forum, wipe all records of him from history?

I think that's a good idea but it should just be the start - from now on all club volunteers should have a check done

I know I won't be as trusting, particularly with anyone who is a bit weird looking like he was
    All official club volunteers should already have a WWCC, unfortunately the amount of rights these convicted people get are ridiculous. People like this guy who are just fans or maybe relations to players don't have to declare their convictions and therefore can participate in club activities, work in canteens, take photos etc without anyone having any knowledge. Players don't even have to complete a WWCC. It's disgusting there is no way for any of us to check, even if there is one living next door to us.