Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Obviously no conspiracy, suns just have a really strong squad- feel bad for Blake McNamara getting dropped to 3rd grade after being one of suns best first graders any game I've watched this year. Good to see him score the winner in the first semi today- hope he's done enough to keep his spot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    Obviously no conspiracy, suns just have a really strong squad- feel bad for Blake McNamara getting dropped to 3rd grade after being one of suns best first graders any game I've watched this year. Good to see him score the winner in the first semi today- hope he's done enough to keep his spot
    No surprise from Grub FC. They keep proving me right. Win at all costs just like their aids brothers at Tragic. Surprise there's no broken bones as well.

Sure others have done it but not on the constant scale like this.

I only noticed 1 person different in that Suns squad. Majority of those lads played when Dudley only beat them 2-1 a couple weeks back 🤷🤷

Here’s an idea, just post results and who really gives a f—k about who stacks what? Been done for 100 years, will be done for the next 100. Move on.

At the end of the day, there’s 23 guys who are available. 15 guys in the squad for thirds, 8 don’t get a shirt. But of the 23 they aren’t all eligible, only 17 are. We have boys who started thirds and then ressies too many times and now can’t play thirds. Two players that are eligible didn’t get a shirt today, one of them being a 56 year old carrying an injury. We don’t have all age, over 35’s to fall back on. We have what we have. It’s been a rubbish year for players available to play. We aren’t going to have a playing squad with less people than allowed just to make the keyboard warriors happy. We are a club. The boys playing thirds have all played a part in thirds this season. As I said before, put me in Dudley’s club position right now and I’d snap it up.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Today's results:
    3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
    Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
    1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    Today's results:
    3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
    Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
    1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield
    Not the worst results for Kotara. Very tough conditions for everyone. Looking forward to the second legs next week at mayfield. Thanks to Kotara for a good day today.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    Curious how many games this guy has played in third grade this year? Since they're short numbers and all that??

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_of_a_Grub View Post
    Curious how many games this guy has played in third grade this year? Since they're short numbers and all that??
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of first grade games to third grade. I hear they trotted out James Foteff in the middle of the park to. If true a real third grader there. I'm sure they started and the 'real third graders had to ride the pine'

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of first grade games to third grade. I hear they trotted out James Foteff in the middle of the park to. If true a real third grader there. I'm sure they started and the 'real third graders had to ride the pine'
    Suns have done this for years.

We have all seen them drop first graders to thirds to get results when required. I've seen them kick ball out off kick off to make a double sub in a semi final.

And they wonder why everyone has it against them.

Today's results
    3rds Kotara 3-2 Mayfield
    Res Swansea 1-2 Mayfield
    1sts Swansea 2-1 Dudley
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Quote Originally Posted by Melico View Post
    Suns have done this for years.

We have all seen them drop first graders to thirds to get results when required. I've seen them kick ball out off kick off to make a double sub in a semi final.

And they wonder why everyone has it against them.
    Now don't take this the wrong way, Suns are only doing as the rules allow, whether morally correct or incorrect.
    The rules we have allow this and has for years, there is a certain club in the 3rd grade finals currently, that did a similar thing a few years back, we didn't whinge as the rules allow it, did we like it, no, we should have been smarter and did the same thing maybe that year.
    If anything they need to change the eligibility rules to fix this, especially when it involves 3rds and the unlimited sub scenario.

The rules we have allow this and has for years, there is a certain club in the 3rd grade finals currently, that did a similar thing a few years back,
    Dudley, no need to be bashful, tell it how it is. Dudley do this, The Grubs do this... notice the link.

Saturday Results
    3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
    Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
    1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield

Sunday Results
    3rds Kotara 3-2 Mayfield
    Res Swansea 1-2 Mayfield
    1sts Swansea 2-1 Dudley

Swansea and Kotara doing their best on the sunday to try and prevent a Mayfield vs Dudley final day.
    Mayfield thirds will get the job done and get over kotara. The suns will stack their team but Dudley will rally and knock, the only issue for dudley is they cant stack their own third grade team.
    As for the big dogs, I think dudley have blown it, gone and poped way to early. Tipping Swansea to hold on here and be the only non Mayfield/Dudley team on the final day.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 26-08-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Games on Sunday scheduled for Mayfield Park have been transferred to Lisle Carr Oval.

As most teams who played at Mayfield Park in the 2nd half of the season can attest to is just not up to it, copped to much traffic.

Why is the grand final on the same day as the new fm grand final, doesn’t make sense, surely it can be played ion Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why is the grand final on the same day as the new fm grand final, doesn’t make sense, surely it can be played ion Saturday
    I think it’s been proven that the people making the decisions don’t actually care about the NewFm comp. it’s just there because it has to be. Also I’d say there isn’t much communication between the two mobs running each league. ( under the assumption it is two different ones if it’s not my first point seems to be even clearer.)

Mayfields ground has never been up to par to be honest. Unsure how they play each week, let alone win the comp on that travesty of grass.

No one actually cares about NewFM, not even the teams in the comp applied to be in it.

Anyone pick the grand final teams yet?

Thirds
    Mayfield v Suns

Suns to play first graders for the remaining of the season, doing exactly what their arch rivals Dudley did last year.

Reserves
    Mayfield v Dudley

Both teams to shut up shop with the away goal advantage.

Firsts
    Mayfield v Swansea

Mayfield to figure out how to score again, Swansea to go through on away goals in a 1-0 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Mayfields ground has never been up to par to be honest. Unsure how they play each week, let alone win the comp on that travesty of grass.

No one actually cares about NewFM, not even the teams in the comp applied to be in it.

Anyone pick the grand final teams yet?

Thirds
    Mayfield v Suns

Suns to play first graders for the remaining of the season, doing exactly what their arch rivals Dudley did last year.

Reserves
    Mayfield v Dudley

Both teams to shut up shop with the away goal advantage.

Firsts
    Mayfield v Swansea

Mayfield to figure out how to score again, Swansea to go through on away goals in a 1-0 loss.
    If Swansea lose 1-0 there out on away goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If Swansea lose 1-0 there out on away goals.
    Sorry, I've been day drinking with my mate from Mayfield Woolies.

Swansea to go through just because no one likes Dudley, fair?

Sorry, I've been day drinking with my mate from Mayfield Woolies.
    Back to Back, Back To Back... didnt know you were onboard!

Swansea to go through just because no one likes Dudley, fair?
    To be honest no one really likes Swansea but they'll gain a few fans if they put Dudley in there place.

Thirds
    Mayfield v Dudley
    Suns will bring out the big book of excuses and try and justify their selection of players from grades above playing down in thirds (do you still get paid if you play thirds?)
    Only time people will back Dudley is vs the grubs, its the ZPL equivilent of the movie SAW, you dont want to but sometimes you gotta do ****ed up things.

Reserves
    Mayfield v Dudley
    The top to two teams for the season (in 1sts), you have to have depth to manage that.

Firsts
    Mayfield v Swansea
    Dudley to miss out on the big show again and come out empty handed again.
    Mayfield to find inspiration from last year and the balloon incident.