Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Hearing Dudley 8- 0 Simba. If so not a bad tune up for the game against Mayfield. That's what you want to see from the good sides in this comp the ability to turn it on and pump the teams in lower divisions.
    Dudley ran out predominantly a reserve grade side too, was an impressive performance from them and once again proof that they will be very strong across all grades this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Don't you love it when a club's dirty laundry gets aired in front on everyone, I know I do! I imagine this is what little school girls are like when they are arguing.

So, Swansea signed a new coach and is telling a few of the old boys a few home truths which they're not liking. It sounds like a few of the boys were happy coasting along in firsts and now that they have to work to get their spot back has got them offside, boohoo! have a go or leave.

To be frank, Swansea have never been a super power, bout time they've tried something.

Just because a bloke has been there for 20 years doesn't mean he gets a first grade starting spot.

Good on those juniors/coaches for having the confidence to test themselves in the higher leagues. Thinking all your juniors are going to hang around is a bit naive don't you think? Wake up, you're in the third tier of Newcastle football and I can't see that changing, ever (unless it’s going down).
    Nail on the head MisplacedPasses. Sometimes it pays to throw the baby out with the bath water. Nelson Bay have kept some of the same faces for 10+ years just because they were supposedly “good servants to the club”, and look where they are now. ZL2 and in more trouble than a caterpillar skipping. Sometimes the “good servants” need to put the clubs best interests first.

Ventured down to watch Westy vs Mayfield..... Hardly recognized anyone from last year. Have Mayfield done away with the old has beens in favor of a bit of youth?

Ventured down to watch Westy vs Mayfield..... Hardly recognized anyone from last year. Have Mayfield done away with the old has beens in favor of a bit of youth?
    What did the score end up and how'd they look

Geez mate..... Ease up on the old boys they did well last year and probably deserve to retire after the efforts of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What did the score end up and how'd they look
    3-1 Westy

Now that pre-season is over let the season begin.
    Who is playing who?

Anyone care for weekend predictions?

Ill have a stab at it

Barnsley v Warners Bay - Warners Bay 2-1 they have been training since last year so you won't to hope it's paid off

Mayfield v Dudley - This should be a cracker with both teams going to be at the pointy end of the table. Leaning towards Mayfield just at home but won't be surprised if Dudley win

Terrace v Cardiff - Terrace have been quiet and sounds like the worlds ending at Cardiff. Terrace to win at home but won't be easy

Swansea v Bero- Well we saw Swansea dirty laundry this week. Bero have put together a nice little pre season. I'm taking Bero in an upset

Suns v Kotara - Have the Suns improved since Dudley pumped them in the FFA cup will be the question. Old mate who got sent off will be a huge out for Suns and I think Kotara will be to quick up front so I'll take Kotara

Good luck to all the teams should be a ripping season

Saturday
    Swansea 3 vs. Bero 0
    Swansea to get their year off to a good start with a comfortable win over Bero.

R. Terrace 2 vs. Cardiff 1
    A chance for Terrace to start the year in a positive. These are the games at home where they must win if they are going to be a safe ZPL team.

Mayfield 1 vs. Dudley 3
    Last years 1st vs. 3rd. I expect Dudley to make a statement my knocking off last years premieres.

Barnsley 2 vs. W. Bay 2
    Completely a guess in this one. Don’t know enough about each team to make a judgement.

Sunday
    Suns 3 vs. Kotara 2
    Another top 4 clash for last year and expected to be a tight one. Suns quality should see them through.

Tips For The Weekend

Swansea 4-2 Beresfield - I’m picking Swansea to start the season strong over Beresfield.

Terrace 2-1 Cardiff - Terrace at home will be tough but I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardiff can snatch a point as things have improved there over the past 2 weeks.

Mayfield 1-3 Dudley - I’m expecting Dudley to win comfortably & I have them finishing 1st this season.

Barnsley 2-2 Warners Bay - I expect these 2 teams along with Beresfield to be fighting the relegation battle.

Suns 2-4 Kotara - Kotara to come out the gates flying as Suns have lost some players from last season & player suspended

Swansea 1-2 Bero
    Terrace 2-1 Cardiff
    Mayfield 0-0 Dudley
    Barnsley 1-3 Warners Bay
    Suns 0-3 Kotara

News out at suns is another NPL signing

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    News out at suns is another NPL signing
    Wonder if they've signed a new gk to replace the big fella in goal?

Wonder if they've signed a new gk to replace the big fella in goal?
    Hearing Danny Ireland and a CB one of the existing players mates

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    Hearing Danny Ireland and a CB one of the existing players mates
    CB is what they need that will be handy. If Danny Ireland is between the post Sunday Suns win the comp but I think I'm more likely to see pigs fly

Swansea - Spud McGuire with a double
    Terrace - ALL of their first grade will be rested since they didn't play FFA Cup
    Dudley - Mayf lost too many old heads
    Bay - Superfit after training through the off-season
    Kotara - Better at the long ball game

Enjoy the season all!

Mayfield V Dudley
    1st 2-0
    Res 2-2
    3rds 0-3

Terrace V Cardiff
    3rds 5-1
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-0