Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chewyonyaboot View Post
    3rds not get the memo?
    Hahaha I think so, was a missed penalty so could've been all 3 grades!

Made the journey to King Park for the Raymond Terrace v. Cardiff game today. Thought the scoreline didn't quite reflect the game.

A blatant penalty towards the end should've made the game 1-1 but Raymond Terrace scored shortly after. Could have been an entirely different game if that call was made, something needs to be done about the officiating at this level because Raymond Terrace clearly had the rub of the green today.

Barnsley vs Warner's bay
    1st 3-2
    Res 4-1
    3rds 3-7

Suns vs Kotara
    1st 1-3
    Res 0-1
    3rds 0-5

Quote Originally Posted by Roses View Post
    Made the journey to King Park for the Raymond Terrace v. Cardiff game today. Thought the scoreline didn't quite reflect the game.

A blatant penalty towards the end should've made the game 1-1 but Raymond Terrace scored shortly after. Could have been an entirely different game if that call was made, something needs to be done about the officiating at this level because Raymond Terrace clearly had the rub of the green today.
    Round 1 and Cardiff are making excuses! Onlooker must've had a very quiet game by his standards!

All those NPL stars suns signed really paid off didn't they?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Round 1 and Cardiff are making excuses! Onlooker must've had a very quiet game by his standards!

They didnt play
    still early days for us
    we only had 29 players available for the day

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    They didnt play
    still early days for us
    we only had 29 players available for the day
    Going off other people here but I've been told 2 out of the 3 did play, oops

I most certainly did have a quiet day, 30 mins of pretending to play as a striker in third grade then 2 solid games on the bench as back up keeper. Other then the 30 mins I probably had a career day.

Going off other people here but I've been told 2 out of the 3 did play, oops
    one played still at least 3 to come back
    we start crap every season anyways
    only 3 points behind first place

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I most certainly did have a quiet day, 30 mins of pretending to play as a striker in third grade then 2 solid games on the bench as back up keeper. Other then the 30 mins I probably had a career day.
    was that you in the pink????

I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round. Write everyone off that loses, harp on about player signings as much as you want. But I'd wait for a few games at least before pointing the finger about what has paid off or not.

Not sure what happened around the other grounds over the weekend with drinks breaks, but I thought it was poor from the referees to not have drinks breaks during the Suns/Kotara games. The only one was during the second half of ressies after players begged for it. Rules have been brought in place for player safety and welfare. The temp was 32 degrees at 5pm once the first grade game was finished. Rules are in place that if the temp is above 28 degrees at kick off then one drinks break per half should take place. Referees worried about skin colours not matching shorts, but can't apply proper rules that actually can affect players health.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    was that you in the pink????
    Yeah mate certainly was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round. Write everyone off that loses, harp on about player signings as much as you want. But I'd wait for a few games at least before pointing the finger about what has paid off or not.

Not sure what happened around the other grounds over the weekend with drinks breaks, but I thought it was poor from the referees to not have drinks breaks during the Suns/Kotara games. The only one was during the second half of ressies after players begged for it. Rules have been brought in place for player safety and welfare. The temp was 32 degrees at 5pm once the first grade game was finished. Rules are in place that if the temp is above 28 degrees at kick off then one drinks break per half should take place. Referees worried about skin colours not matching shorts, but can't apply proper rules that actually can affect players health.
    pretty sure Ressies had a break in both halves, could be wrong though. I didn't realise the refs had declined to have them in 1st grade though it doesn't surprise me given some of the other decision making on the day (both ways!)

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    pretty sure Ressies had a break in both halves, could be wrong though. I didn't realise the refs had declined to have them in 1st grade though it doesn't surprise me given some of the other decision making on the day (both ways!)
    Ressies definitely only had a break during the second half which was the only one throughout the day. The refereeing was very average. Some crazy decisions and non decisions as you said for both sides which in gets everyone frustrated on both teams. Was the same ref from the FFA Cup game with Dudley with again his non decisions allowing the game to get out of hand when it really shouldn't have that night.

Ressies definitely only had a break during the second half which was the only one throughout the day. The refereeing was very average. Some crazy decisions and non decisions as you said for both sides which in gets everyone frustrated on both teams. Was the same ref from the FFA Cup game with Dudley with again his non decisions allowing the game to get out of hand when it really shouldn't have that night.
    Haha I think we had this same convo on the sideline just before full time!

I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round.
    But its still a good time for half the league to reflect on results

The guys at warners Bay must have mixed up the order of the day? Firsts played thirds for the 3-7 and thirds played in the afternoon for the first time.
    Jokes aside, I thought an interesting result. Barnsley getting the job done, I had this one in the bag for Warners Bay.

Suns starting slow, gotta wait for the bank transfers to confirm before the new lads will run out. Kotara, solid start.

Raymond Terrance getting the points from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.

Mayfield, just like last season... just keep rolling. I heard this was a good game with mayfield having the lions share of the chances.

Swansea and Bero, I havent heard anything about this game... safe bet swansea were on top for most of it and the scorelines reflect the season I think bero are signed on for.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 10-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post

The guys at warners Bay must have mixed up the order of the day? Firsts played thirds for the 3-7 and thirds played in the afternoon for the first time.
    Jokes aside, I thought an interesting result. Barnsley getting the job done, I had this one in the bag for Warners Bay.

Suns starting slow, gotta wait for the bank transfers to confirm before the new lads will run out. Kotara, solid start.

Raymond Terrance getting the ponts from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.

Mayfield, just like last season... just keep rolling. I heard this was a good game with mayfield having the lions share of the chances.

Swansea and Bero, I havent heard anything about this game... safe bet swansea were on top for most of it and the scorelines reflect the season I think bero are signed on for.
    Bero missing 3 crucial players on the day will be a much different team against Barnsley this weekend missed a penalty also, had their chances but Swansea definitely the better team on the day

C'mon man, everyone over at suns is 'playing for the shirt'. I'm writing them off, They're missing the finals this year.

Raymond Terrance getting the ponts from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.
    You're not suggesting Cardiff are bad are you? Expect some name calling to come your way!

Honestly don't know how Dudley lost this! The squad they have they almost belong in the A-League

C'mon man, everyone over at suns is 'playing for the shirt'. I'm writing them off, They're missing the finals this year.

You're not suggesting Cardiff are bad are you? Expect some name calling to come your way!

Honestly don't know how Dudley lost this! The squad they have they almost belong in the A-League
    I love that it still irritates clowns like you that think the Suns have ever paid a single player anything, ever

did anyone here go to the game? I heard there could have been a red card each for challenges on the keepers - mayfield forward jumping into a challenge from a long way away, and dudley midfielder leaving his boot in on mayfield keeper head. any truth to it?