Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

What's with all this hatred towards the Suns.
    Probably one of the most entertaining teams in the comp, they don't whinge and whine any different to others when a decision doesn't go their way, oh and the best canteen as well.
    THAT BOSS BURGER IS A MUST.

no arguments there mate, great canteen and some brilliant players. agree to disagree that they dont whinge/whine any different to the others

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    no arguments there mate, great canteen and some brilliant players. agree to disagree that they dont whinge/whine any different to the others
    I agree canteen is top shelf, some brilliant players. Pitch is a goat track and my god they whinge and complain probably same as other teams to the ref but then between each other takes them to the top of the whinging pile

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I agree canteen is top shelf, some brilliant players. Pitch is a goat track and my god they whinge and complain probably same as other teams to the ref but then between each other takes them to the top of the whinging pile
    Yer the pitch is bad, I’ve spoken to one of the guys from their committee and he said, council won’t let them do anything to improve it. I’d have to agree they do tend to whinge and whine between each other but Christ again no different to other teams. Still have to agree one of the most entertaining teams. can’t wait to watch the grudge match on Sunday.
    Tipping SUNS in a thriller and payback for FFA Cup 3-1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Yer the pitch is bad, I’ve spoken to one of the guys from their committee and he said, council won’t let them do anything to improve it. I’d have to agree they do tend to whinge and whine between each other but Christ again no different to other teams. Still have to agree one of the most entertaining teams. can’t wait to watch the grudge match on Sunday.
    Tipping SUNS in a thriller and payback for FFA Cup 3-1
    Seeing you have a soft spot for your boys is not a reliable source. Bitching and moaning to the ref but trying all the "illegal" tricks to win is the usual bitchfest there.

Grub on.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Seeing you have a soft spot for your boys is not a reliable source. Bitching and moaning to the ref but trying all the "illegal" tricks to win is the usual bitchfest there.

Grub on.
    But your completely "unbiased" opinion is the saving grace of this forum?

Back to real talk. Mayfield has certainly stepped up their game. With the goals scored and solid defence, I have found them great to watch this year.

Dudley are probably the biggest disappointment so far. They just don't seem their usual dominant selves.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    But your completely "unbiased" opinion is the saving grace of this forum?

Back to real talk. Mayfield has certainly stepped up their game. With the goals scored and solid defence, I have found them great to watch this year.

Dudley are probably the biggest disappointment so far. They just don't seem their usual dominant selves.
    Dudley are running 2nd and lost one game and have scored 10 goals in the last 2 games. Not sure they are the biggest disappointment.

its a bit like man city and liverpool in the prem. Dudley have been having great results, but they look worse by comparison cos mayfield have been unbelievable. not quite as ugly to watch this season in my opinion either. second round should be interesting, cos dudley/kotara/suns will be so much more up for taking points off them

Dudley are running 2nd and lost one game and have scored 10 goals in the last 2 games. Not sure they are the biggest disappointment.
    I believe its because the 5 weeks at the start of the season they only scored 10 goals. They should be dominating teams like Bero & Cardiff with their quality. but 1-0 win against Barnsley....

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    I believe its because the 5 weeks at the start of the season they only scored 10 goals. They should be dominating teams like Bero & Cardiff with their quality. but 1-0 win against Barnsley....
    If you win 1-0 or 9-0 you still only get 3 points. Maybe Barnsley had a good day or Dudley were missing players who knows they also pumped 5 past Swansea. 10 goals in 5 games I think most teams would take that . The biggest disappointment is the Terrace after the pre season chest beating

The biggest disappointment is the Terrace after the pre season chest beating
    C'mon mate!

Didn't you know
    Quote Originally Posted by KennysWhiteHat. View Post
    Raymond Terrace have been playing well all year theyÂ’ve just been a bit unlucky
    OR
    Quote Originally Posted by KennysWhiteHat. View Post
    theyÂ’ll be a force to be reckoned with and after they beat Bero and WarnerÂ’s Bay they should be within a pint of top four and Cardiff are easily the worst team IÂ’ve seen in my decades of coaching.
    I'm thinking Kenny has only coached under 6's up until now! Could also be a case of having a few too many billies.

EDIT - Also think other teams are to rough for Raymond Terrace. They're out there to have fun everyone, Take it easy on em!
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 29-05-2019 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add stuff

Round 8 Get around it girls! yeeha!

Swansea vs Barnsley
    Swansea running third, maybe they have finished the infighting and hair pulling and got down to playing football.
    Barnsley lost at home to Raymond Terrace and I am surprised after that didnt retire from playing football, I dont see Barnsley turning their form around in one week.
    Swansea 4:0.

Raymond terrace vs Warners Bay
    Raymond Terrace will continue to talk about making the top 4, they beat Barnsley, now nothing can stop them. "Come on boys! our run starts now!" ... except it doesnt, welcome back to the losers circle.
    Warners Bay 0:2

Mayfield vs Bero
    Bero has been having a bar lifting season, scoring goals, snaging wins well above expectations... They have their eyes locked on the most improved trophy and no one will stop them from reaching their dreams.
    Their defence (not the worst) lets in more goals than they can rack up on that tiny field they call home. Mayfield, who? ... will be the talk in the Bero camp as they pull their best efforts to talk up their chances of taking the points.
    The dressing sheds at Mayfield better have a nice big mirror so Bero can do their best Cool runnings impersonation, "I see Pride, I see Power, I see some bad ass mothers who don't take no crap off of nobody!"... except Mayfield, 4:0.

Suns vs Dudley
    One of those moments in your life when people will be looking back and saying, where were you when the Suns played Dudley.
    Underachieving Dudley to take on the Suns at fortress Grub. The Suns have got a couple of ok/decent results over the last few weeks but this will be the test.
    Everyone rises the intensity a little for the big games of the season, Will Dudley? or will they continue to crumble at the edges and bathe in the lukewarm waters of mediocrity.
    Suns 2:1.

Kotara vs Cardiff
    No one will be at this game everyone will be at the Suns vs Dudley, even the lads playing would probably rather be there.
    Another battle of the Tigers, ZPL, home of the big cats. Cardiff will have their best shot at knocking Kotara over with sonic the hedgehog riding the pine. Kotara will stick to the game plan tho... what else do they do? will most likely still get a goal. Cardiff after their embarassing loss last week, will be like that wasps nest you found last summer, one minute your just cutting some edges and then your getting mauled by a bunch of tiny flying demons... flying demons that score goals!
    1 - 2 Cardiff.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 30-05-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Round 8 Get around it girls! yeeha!

Swansea vs Barnsley
    Swansea running third, maybe they have finished the infighting and hair pulling and got down to playing football.
    Barnsley lost at home to Raymond Terrace and I am surprised after that didnt retire from playing football, I dont see Barnsley turning their form around in one week.
    Swansea 4:0.

Raymond terrace vs Warners Bay
    Raymond Terrace will continue to talk about making the top 4, they beat Barnsley, now nothing can stop them. "Come on boys! our run starts now!" ... except it doesnt, welcome back to the losers circle.
    Warners Bay 0:2

Mayfield vs Bero
    Bero has been having a bar lifting season, scoring goals, snaging wins well above expectations... They have their eyes locked on the most improved trophy and no one will stop them from reaching their dreams.
    Their defence (not the worst) lets in more goals than they can rack up on that tiny field they call home. Mayfield, who? ... will be the talk in the Bero camp as they pull their best efforts to talk up their chances of taking the points.
    The dressing sheds at Mayfield better have a nice big mirror so Bero can do their best Cool runnings impersonation, "I see Pride, I see Power, I see some bad ass mothers who don't take no crap off of nobody!"... except Mayfield, 4:0.

Suns vs Dudley
    One of those moments in your life when people will be looking back and saying, where were you when the Suns played Dudley.
    Underachieving Dudley to take on the Suns at fortress Grub. The Suns have got a couple of ok/decent results over the last few weeks but this will be the test.
    Everyone rises the intensity a little for the big games of the season, Will Dudley? or will they continue to crumble at the edges and bathe in the lukewarm waters of mediocrity.
    Suns 2:1.

Kotara vs Cardiff
    No one will be at this game everyone will be at the Suns vs Dudley, even the lads playing would probably rather be there.
    Another battle of the Tigers, ZPL, home of the big cats. Cardiff will have their best shot at knocking Kotara over with sonic the hedgehog riding the pine. Kotara will stick to the game plan tho... what else do they do? will most likely still get a goal. Cardiff after their embarassing loss last week, will be like that wasps nest you found last summer, one minute your just cutting some edges and then your getting mauled by a bunch of tiny flying demons... flying demons that score goals!
    1 - 2 Cardiff.
    hahahaha well played, best one yet! Although I see Kotara getting the chocolates this week!

Afternoon ZPL Fans.
    Looking to bounce back from last week, honestly still can’t believe the results, I’m still gutted. I’m trying a different tactic this week, the battle of the mascots; surely this will work.

Swansea vs Barnsley
    have you ever seen a fight between a Swan and a Bulldog? I have. Swans can be a real asshole at times, biting, scratching, squawking loudly, pulling your shirt; a pretty accurate description of the squad I’ve seen play this year. Compare that to a dog that is known for being lazy, oversized and has difficulty breathing; also a fairly accurate representation. Pitting these two animals against each other can only result in the Swan pecking he hell out of the Bulldog until it decides to slowly tuck its tail between its leg and run home.
    Swansea 5 – Barnsley 0

Raymond Terrace vs Warners Bay
    I had to google what Raymond Terraces mascot was, apparently, it’s a Lion. So, we have a young lion cub, beating its own chest, trying to take on a Panther. Lions can be seen as dominating; they are the King of Africa. However, the Lionesses seem to have more bite to them than what the Lions do, Lions just lay around most of the time in the sun and roar abuse at anyone that has an internet connection. Panthers however are tricky and cunning and sometimes pink. I would say due to tracking skills a Panther would be able to take down a Lion; its also slightly faster. Doesn’t pack the same punch though. It’s a tough won. I’ll go with my gut.
    Raymond Terrace 1 – Warners Bay 2

Mayfield vs Bero
    When an Eagle is within its natural habitat it is a dangerous bird of prey; it doesn’t require a large nest to get the job done. Its all about waiting and watching and striking just at the right time. However just imagine that same eagle has an injured wing and is currently on the ground, screaming for help as 11 tigers slowly surround it. That to be honest is how I see this going down.
    Mayfield 4 – Bero 0

Suns vs Dudley
    First and foremost; Thistle, Really? Out of the thousands of species of animals you could have picked your club decided” you know what, we are a prickly weed”. My god they could not have hit the nail on the head harder. A spot-on description, prickly, annoying things that just won’t go away. Everyone hates them but we just don’t know why. Combat that with Newcastle Suns who have decided that the… sun best represents them. Honestly, at what point did someone at the club decide that the entire universe revolves around them. Putting these two things against each other, you have a weed versus the ACTUAL FCUKING SUN. With no cloud coverage and minimal rain forecast I can’t see any other winner.
    Suns 2 – Dudley 1

Kotara vs Cardiff
    This game is a little tiger on tiger action. However, we have a bunch of old Tigers versus another bunch of Tigers without their leader, can’t split them. Could seriously go either way but I think it’s a fight to the death where nobody wins.

Kotara 1 – Cardiff 1
    Last edited by PlasticFan; 30-05-2019 at 03:43 PM.

That was a good arvo read PlasticFan. Good to see the forum coming back to life. Good luck with your tips this week!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Round 8 Stats & Predictions
    Saturday
    Swansea 4th vs. Barnsley 10th

- Only 3 of Swansea’s 12 points have come at home this season.
    - 12 of Swansea’s 15 goals conceded this season have come at home.
    - Swansea are the league’s second top goal scorers with 24.
    - Barnsley have now lost 6 games in a row.
    - Barnsley have only score 1 goal in their 3 away games.
    - Barnsley have conceded 20 goals in their last 3 games.
    Swansea 4-1

R. Terrace 8th vs. W. Bay 7th
    - Terrace have the league’s second worst defence (25).
    - Terrace have the league’s second worst attack (9).
    - Only 3 of W. Bay’s 11 goals have been scored away from home.
    - W. Bay games have averaged the lowest goals per game in the league (3.8 goals per game).
    W. Bay 2-0

Mayfield 1st vs. Bero. 6th
    - Mayfield are the form team of the league, winning their last 4 games in a row.
    - Mayfield have the league’s best attack (27) and defence (2).
    - Mayfield are yet to concede a goal at home this season.
    - Only 3 of Bero’s 10 points have come on the road this season.
    Mayfield 3-0

Sunday
    Suns 5th vs Dudley 2nd – Match of the Round

- Dudley won the FFA cup match between these team during pre-season 5-2.
    - Dudley are undefeated in 6 games, while Suns are undefeated in 4.
    - 11 of the Suns 18 goals have been scored at home.
    - All 7 of Dudley’s goals conceded have come on the road.
    Draw 1-1

Kotara 4th vs. Cardiff 9th
    - Only 3 of Kotara’s 12 points have come at home this season.
    - Only 4 of Kotara’s 17 goals have come at home this season.
    - 4 of Cardiff’s 5 points this season have come on the road.
    - Cardiff are winless in their last 4 games, second last on the form table.
    Kotara 3-1
    Last edited by Cognitio; 30-05-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Afternoon ZPL Fans.
    Looking to bounce back from last week, honestly still can’t believe the results, I’m still gutted. I’m trying a different tactic this week, the battle of the mascots; surely this will work.

Swansea vs Barnsley
    have you ever seen a fight between a Swan and a Bulldog? I have. Swans can be a real asshole at times, biting, scratching, squawking loudly, pulling your shirt; a pretty accurate description of the squad I’ve seen play this year. Compare that to a dog that is known for being lazy, oversized and has difficulty breathing; also a fairly accurate representation. Pitting these two animals against each other can only result in the Swan pecking he hell out of the Bulldog until it decides to slowly tuck its tail between its leg and run home.
    Swansea 5 – Barnsley 0
    Absolutely terrible assessment as per mate, expect nothing less from you.

Swansea vs Barnsley. A swan will almost always be killed by a dog. Here are a few examples.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/outrage-after-dog-owner-orders-pet-to-attack-swans-213216067.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6 Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA-DoK7AGnfM-XbxQsCLPQrU9q3sDWm4BoRXli0_iuTD625lf9soYh5nbtNYc8n UAqvoL7Ohdzcax6LhSRLmf8hzJ9l7an2pwlZyYKaS3GWuPRVFl 3mw2-QziLJUE_u2LXM6_A8nSQZYajUFJ1CYGHyj-Q3n3vGrM5hhkei8LYM1
    https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/mornings/dog-kills-albert-park-lake-swans/10370236
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/live-afl-round-1-western-bulldogs-v-sydney-swans/news-story/18753afe202d4072eb941608605528e9

Although the left back at Barnsley does fit your description; lazy, has trouble breathing, ginger and overweight (most likely with a metabolic disease of some sort).

Raymond Terrace vs Warners Bay
    I had to google what Raymond Terraces mascot was, apparently, it’s a Lion. So, we have a young lion cub, beating its own chest, trying to take on a Panther. Lions can be seen as dominating; they are the King of Africa. However, the Lionesses seem to have more bite to them than what the Lions do, Lions just lay around most of the time in the sun and roar abuse at anyone that has an internet connection. Panthers however are tricky and cunning and sometimes pink. I would say due to tracking skills a Panther would be able to take down a Lion; its also slightly faster. Doesn’t pack the same punch though. It’s a tough won. I’ll go with my gut.
    Raymond Terrace 1 – Warners Bay 2
    Here again we can see a Lion easily beating a panther https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9p56wSzsPA
    Lions are also not known for chest beating. Your gut is wrong and I recommend seeing a gastroenterologists

Mayfield vs Bero
    When an Eagle is within its natural habitat it is a dangerous bird of prey; it doesn’t require a large nest to get the job done. Its all about waiting and watching and striking just at the right time. However just imagine that same eagle has an injured wing and is currently on the ground, screaming for help as 11 tigers slowly surround it. That to be honest is how I see this going down.
    Mayfield 4 – Bero 0
    Actually Eagles do have quite large nests. "A typical bald eagle nest (eyrie) will range from 1.8 to 3 meters (6-10 feet) in diameter and about 1.8 to 3 meters (6 to 10 feet) high." http://eaglenature.com/eagle_facts.php
    The injured wing analogy doesn't apply here as I have good intel saying that Bero's wingers are fully fit. If you said an eagle with an injured stiker or an injured centre mid, that would have made more sense.

Suns vs Dudley
    First and foremost; Thistle, Really? Out of the thousands of species of animals you could have picked your club decided” you know what, we are a prickly weed”. My god they could not have hit the nail on the head harder. A spot-on description, prickly, annoying things that just won’t go away. Everyone hates them but we just don’t know why. Combat that with Newcastle Suns who have decided that the… sun best represents them. Honestly, at what point did someone at the club decide that the entire universe revolves around them. Putting these two things against each other, you have a weed versus the ACTUAL FCUKING SUN. With no cloud coverage and minimal rain forecast I can’t see any other winner.
    Suns 2 – Dudley 1
    The light from the sun takes eight minutes to reach Earth and although many of the Suns players have their own gravitational pull, they also take about eight minutes to react to things (NASA) https://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2007/locations/ttt_sunlight.php. Thistles also thrive on sunlight and need it to grow (Schumann, Paul, Melzer, Dörmann, & Jahns, 2017) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5413563/

Kotara vs Cardiff
    This game is a little tiger on tiger action. However, we have a bunch of old Tigers versus another bunch of Tigers without their leader, can’t split them. Could seriously go either way but I think it’s a fight to the death where nobody wins.
    Kotara 1 – Cardiff 1
    Cardiff are shit.

I suggest a little more research for your next posts mate, you're starting to just look silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by KennysWhiteHat.
    you're starting to just look silly now.
    @PlasticFan don't you look quite the fool, you thought you were havin a lark aye... you got the ducks guts a bit iffy and now Kenny is saying you're proper daft. I bet your right red in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    @PlasticFan don't you look quite the fool, you thought you were havin a lark aye... you got the ducks guts a bit iffy and now Kenny is saying you're proper daft. I bet your right red in the face.
    Sorry lads, I just need some time to grieve. I'm not sure if i'm going to be able to post again on here.

Cardiff are shit.

I suggest a little more research for your next posts mate, you're starting to just look silly now.[/QUOTE]

oh Kennytwoheadedhatwearer, you are a knob still, once again trying to deflect the shit flying your way, we at Cardiff haven't jumped on here and spruiked any greatness for season 2019, unlike you.
    Staying up and rebuilding is our aim this year, but when I have to open the forum up and see the dribble coming out of your mouth, it just makes me think how shit we have been, played in ZPL or ID1's (albeit a bit lucky one year) since around 2002, what about the terrace?

A question to you, so is this the terrace side that actually stays in zpl for more than 3/4 years or drops down when you run out of money again? because we all know how you like to spend money, or has this been passed onto little Kenny....

and on the looking silly side, what all your mirrors broken.....