Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    1st Grade tomorrow @ Lydon. 7pm kickoff.
    3rds & Res on Wednesday. 630 & 8pm kickoff.
    They should be playing at Lisle Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Does Lisle have a grand finals this weekend. Won't want it chopped up

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Why, Lydon Oval is their home ground, it’s in decent nick

Swans Grand Final Bound!!!
    2-1 victory tonight over Dudley in 1st grade..

Quote Originally Posted by GodsGiftToZPL
    Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.

Nailed it.
    Imagine finishing third or forth and thinking that your medallion after that was worth anything.
    See you guys next season. Hopefully the rest of the league can close the gap on the top two.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Nailed it.
    Imagine finishing third or forth and thinking that your medallion after that was worth anything.
    See you guys next season. Hopefully the rest of the league can close the gap on the top two.
    bitter much? sore losers hey.

Imagine playing for premiers and it still being worth nothing because you cant get promoted.

Banned
    Nailed it.
    Whole series is a farce. Bring back the major minor. Make 3rd 4th work for a spot

Imagine losing two legs and still thinking you're the better team at this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Whole series is a farce. Bring back the major minor. Make 3rd 4th work for a spot
    I have always agreed with this. There isn't enough reward for finishing 1st or 2nd. Good luck to Swansea and Kotara. I think the Swans are morals.

Nailed it.
    Close the gap???
    Swansea finished 3 points behind "the top two" you clown!!

Nailed it.

Honking Donkey living up to his name with comments like that, clearly a statement from someone who hasn't received a medallion.

Neutral fan here so opinion may not be warranted:
    Can't comment on Kotara because they failed to beat a top 4 side this year, although anything can happen in a GF.
    Swansea did finish with the same amount of wins as Mayfield and Dudley to finish 3pts behind ("massive gap"), were the only team to beat Mayfield and also beat Dudley in both semi final legs.

Imagine losing two legs and still thinking you're the better team at this point in the season.
    The season ended two weeks ago. They are the better teams and best team in the league. Just saying.
    Imagine finishing 3rd or 4th and thinking your the better team because after not cutting the mustard over 20 weeks you managed to scrap by on goal difference or win a 1 off game.

Honking Donkey living up to his name with comments like that, clearly a statement from someone who hasn't received a medallion.
    Got plenty, I dont accept mediocre bullshit. So as you might have guessed, I dont finish 3rd or 4th and still think my participation star is a worthy reward.

"massive gap"
    You know how numbers work right?

45 - Mayfield
    45 - Dudley
    42 - 3rd place
    Not
    Even
    Close
    Yet
    Still
    More
    Oh
    Here
    It
    Is
    Almost
    27 - Forth place

You tell me what you think a 17 point gap from 18 games is.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 03-09-2019 at 08:29 AM.

I'll preface this by saying that I really want Kotara to win the GF, underdogs again, and haven't been wankers this year, and have some good young players. Play ugly football, but so does every team, it's only ZPL I'm not expecting tiki taka.
    I think the points in here about Swansea deserving to be in the GF are true, they were in the mix all year, and got two wins in the semis and beat Mayfield.

At this point if people talk about Mayfield being chokers for going out on away goals when their home game was in Port Stephens then we've gotta say Dudley are the same or worse right? 3rd season in a row they've missed out on the big dance, team with probably the best supporting crowd in the comp and best squad depth with their other grades always minor premiers or thereabouts. big money thrown about to aging players, and they've been convincingly beaten over two legs. Typical losers Mayfield also losing the title of biggest chokers imo.

Go Kotara in the GF, Swansea are a team of butchers. Also on a serious note wish the best for recovery for the young CB from Dudley for that freak injury in the first semi.

Just like Horse racing, does not matter if you run 20 length's 4th or a length 4th its still 4th. Still get prize money to run 4th!!!

Would you back a horse that had a last start 4th, beating a horse that has only lost once in 2 years??? Might not be the best form but its still form!

Would you back a horse that had a last start 4th, beating a horse that has only lost once in 2 years??? Might not be the best form but its still form!
    Dropping an Anvil on that.

I wish I cuold say I'm suprised by Mayfield losing. I'm not though.

Dudley.... WTF happened??? Swansea have made a season out of niggling results and kicking people.

LETTTSSSS GO TIGERS!

At the end of the day, Mayfield Dudley Swansea were the clearly the better teams by far. No one would be surprised by the swansea / dudley result, both good teams and either team deserved to progress. The big issue is mayfield are not built for the semi's, they do not have the fight or mental resolve to get it done. Hence losing to the weakest of teams two years in a row. Are kotara are great side, no they are not, but what they are is a team that will scramble and work hard and hopefully a bit of luck will fall their way.

Good luck to all the finalists.

Mayfield loses to Kotara - "knew it would happen", "never had it in them", "not surprised"

Dudley loses to Swansea - "what a travesty this is!", "the finals format needs to change", "oh my god, please someone think of the children"

I'm struggling to figure out why there is a massive love fest with Dudley on this forum, yes they are great footballers but the club culture is shocking. I can wait for when their reserves and thirds win each grand final as first graders drop down the levels pushing people out of their squads they have been in each year. For anyone who thinks this doesn't happen, look at last year as your example. Even their players acknowledged it in their acceptance speeches.

At the end of day, football is football. Did Swansea deserve to win? yes, the won both legs, better than Dudley on each outing. Did Kotara deserve to win? no, they scored 1 out of the 4 goals over the two legs and go through on away goals. BUT THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.

I'm just sorry for everyone who turns up next Sunday to potentially see the most 1 sided grand final in Newcastle football history. The Swans after all the talk of club culture and favouritism have made the big dance and its their game to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    At the end of the day, Mayfield Dudley Swansea were the clearly the better teams by far. No one would be surprised by the swansea / dudley result, both good teams and either team deserved to progress. The big issue is mayfield are not built for the semi's, they do not have the fight or mental resolve to get it done. Hence losing to the weakest of teams two years in a row. Are kotara are great side, no they are not, but what they are is a team that will scramble and work hard and hopefully a bit of luck will fall their way.

Good luck to all the finalists.
    Mayfield Dudley and Swansea deserve full credit for consistency all year and increasing quality of competition across the three grades. All those clubs are in enviable positions.

you have to give credit to Kotara for battling those clubs as best they can without the resources and quality those other clubs possess. That win on the weekend (whilst requiring some luck) was based on sheer effort, working hard and will to get over the line. I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Got plenty, I dont accept mediocre bullshit. So as you might have guessed, I dont finish 3rd or 4th and still think my participation star is a worthy reward.
    3rd and 4th, no participation award. 1st and 2nd, both get awards. Shouldn't only first place get awards mate? Or you finish second and want a shiny prize for it?