Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    to much politics for CCFC and the juniors, we tried something not to long ago, they would rather implode and fold then join with us......
    I play for Cardiff Juniors. I know myself and pretty much everyone I play with want for there to be some sort of affiliation with City. Shame it hasn't happened as I think both sides would benefit, but I live in hope!

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I play for Cardiff Juniors. I know myself and pretty much everyone I play with want for there to be some sort of affiliation with City. Shame it hasn't happened as I think both sides would benefit, but I live in hope!
    There is the olive branch Mario !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Me View Post
    Well I think you hit the nail on the head there Premy. Given the potential that Raymond Terrace possess, and taking into consideration the number of juniors the club has, I think they would be mad not to at least ask the question.

As a wise man once said "You miss every shot you don't take".

Raymond terrace with a few slight improvements to their facility I believe would be viable to go up to a higher division. They have the juniors but would need a squad adequate to compete at a higher level. However if they applied I think they could have a decent shot at being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I didn't know all those clubs were affiliated with their juniors.

You'd assume Bero and Cardiff would be able to forge some connections if needed, however bureaucracy and politics would surely get involved even at this level.......
    I remember a couple years ago Bero were being considered to join NewFm to make it 12 teams so they mustn’t be far off and yes they do have a junior club for players.
    Not mentioned is kotara who I have heard whispers that they have aspirations to go to a higher level. They recently did up nesbitt Park, if they add temporary fenceonh and seating they’d be viable for new fm (similar to New Lambton). They have tonnes of juniors and I know for a fact they would attract a lot of young NPL players living in the metro area who r struggling to make first grade and r willing to drop down to Newfm. Would be very interested in seeing kotara seriously push for this but I think some people at the club would need to really drive it and make it happen instead of just talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    I remember a couple years ago Bero were being considered to join NewFm to make it 12 teams so they mustn’t be far off and yes they do have a junior club for players.
    Not mentioned is kotara who I have heard whispers that they have aspirations to go to a higher level. They recently did up nesbitt Park, if they add temporary fenceonh and seating they’d be viable for new fm (similar to New Lambton). They have tonnes of juniors and I know for a fact they would attract a lot of young NPL players living in the metro area who r struggling to make first grade and r willing to drop down to Newfm. Would be very interested in seeing kotara seriously push for this but I think some people at the club would need to really drive it and make it happen instead of just talk.
    Bero were there years ago, kicked out as they, if I remember wouldn't/couldn't make the postage stamp of a ground bigger or move to where the juniors play, something like that, could be wrong.
    Tonnes of juniors doesn't guarantee success in the higher grades, start with a hard working committee with dedication, loads of cash and a 5 year plan at least.
    by the way, why haven't you attracted these young blokes already, not much difference between ZPL and FM comp.....not saying don't go or try to go but I've been involved in the move through the ranks, its not that easy.....

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    PM me your number , we can sit down, have a beer and I will fill you in on how it sits at the moment......or come down to No2 on Saturday when we play the Suns....

How does it work with existing NL1 clubs? Do they have affiliation with the community juniors in their area?

It would seem counter productive not to.

Or do they just rely on community 12's trying out for 13's?

If the ties don't exist what is preventing a ZPL club from taking the step up and just advertising for youth tryouts from 13's - 17's? Recruit good coaches first and players will come to be coached by them. Admittedly it would take a while to become competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How does it work with existing NL1 clubs? Do they have affiliation with the community juniors in their area?

It would seem counter productive not to.

Or do they just rely on community 12's trying out for 13's?

If the ties don't exist what is preventing a ZPL club from taking the step up and just advertising for youth tryouts from 13's - 17's? Recruit good coaches first and players will come to be coached by them. Admittedly it would take a while to become competitive

No a lot of NL1 teams are seperate clubs to the juniors and it is the same with Npl. A zpl club would not need juniors but rather the ability to attract juniors. That asks the question though of is the talent pool big enough in Newcastle for more junior npl/NL1 teams? From what I’ve seen no it’s not however I believe clubs such as kotara or even suns could make step up in terms of juniors. (Suns could attract magic a graders).

Bero were there years ago, kicked out as they, if I remember wouldn't/couldn't make the postage stamp of a ground bigger or move to where the juniors play, something like that, could be wrong.
    Tonnes of juniors doesn't guarantee success in the higher grades, start with a hard working committee with dedication, loads of cash and a 5 year plan at least.
    by the way, why haven't you attracted these young blokes already, not much difference between ZPL and FM comp.....not saying don't go or try to go but I've been involved in the move through the ranks, its not that easy.....
    I am not personally involved in kotara I am a player at an NPL club. And I have heard things before from people at my club and other clubs mentioning kotara. One player did go to kotara last year from the buds I believe I’m not sure if he is still there.
    You are right it is not easy to just make the jump but all I’m saying is it is possible I believe if the clubs wanted to.

What if all clubs said no to moving to NL1, ZPL would be a stronger competition then NL1 if they take the top few teams to the NPL.
    Less financial strain on clubs playing in a better comp.
    What is the benefit for a club to go there

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    What if all clubs said no to moving to NL1, ZPL would be a stronger competition then NL1 if they take the top few teams to the NPL.
    Less financial strain on clubs playing in a better comp.
    What is the benefit for a club to go there

I agree with you if they expanded NPL to 14/16 teams and combined the remaining NL1 teams with the ZPL this would be more beneficial for football in the regions. More teams in competitions means more games which is a positive. We should be playing longer seasons, here we play 20 odd games or so compared to overseas such as England where every team no matter what level is playing 30+.
    NPL would be the "elite" competition and ZPL could be more social but at a competitive level with less costs. It seems to me the ZPL teams are in there because they don't want the costs of a higher division so this would be a good alternative.

Round 6 Stats & Predictions
    Saturday
    Cardiff (8th) vs. Suns (5th)

- Cardiff have lost both of their home games this season, failing to score in either.
    - This is Cardiff’s first game against one of last year’s top 4 teams.
    - Suns have scored 12 goals in their last two games.
    - Suns have the league’s 3rd tightest defence, conceding 7 goals in 5 games.
    Suns 4-1.
    Suns have found their form and shooting boots and should win this one comfortably. Cardiff will have to tighten the defence to have any chance this week.

R. Terrace (10th) vs. Swansea (4th)
    - R. Terrace have now lost their last four games.
    - R. Terrace have the worst attack in the league, scoring only 4 goals.
    - R. Terrace have shipped 17 goals in their last three games.
    - Swansea have won both of their away games this season, scoring 4 goals in each.
    - Swansea have registered a league high 10 different goals scorers.
    Swansea 2-0
    Terrace are in free fall and must strengthen in every department if they have any chance against the competitions second best attack.

Mayfield (1st) vs. Barnsley (9th)
    - Mayfield remain the only team undefeated this season.
    - Mayfield have scored 9 goals in their last two games.
    - Barnsley have now lost four games in a row.
    - Barnsley have the league’s worst defence, leaking 19 goals in 5 games.
    - Mayfield have not conceded in either of the home games this season, while scoring seven.
    Mayfield 5-0
    Mayfield seem to be unbeatable. It would be a miracle if Barnsley get anything from this game.

Sunday
    Dudley (2nd) vs. Bero. (6th) – Match of the Round

- Dudley have won both of their home games this season 1-0.
    - Bero. are the league’s leading goal scorers, scoring 17 in 5 games.
    - Dudley are now undefeated in 4 games.
    Dudley 3-2
    Dudley must keep on winning if their want to stay in touch with Mayfield. But free scoring surprise packets Bero may fancy themselves in this week’s match of the round.

Kotara (3rd) vs. W. Bay (7th)
    - Kotara has lost both of their home games this season.
    - Kotara’s C. Lattimore is the league’s outright leading goal scorer (7).
    - Only 2 of Kotara’s 15 goals have come at home this season.
    - W. Bay drew their first game in 25 competitive league matches going back to round 17 of the 2017 season.
    - Kotara’s form has followed the format W-L-W-L-W.
    Kotara 3-1
    With both teams throwing up inconsistent results, this one hard to predict. For me, Kotara’s flying attack and leading goal scorer should bring them home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    I have been watching the Suns for the past 3 years. Well most of ZPL.

In which capacity are they grubs? I have seen a lot of interesting things in the Suns, like a 130kg winger score bombs (and great free kicks) another 100kg+ lose the ball 10 times ina row then score 4 goals (on the last weekend) but I have never seen any "grubbery"

Please enlighten us all!!!
    3yrs, wow almost forever lol. Dont even try to refute clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I wasn’t going to waste my time with a response to him. Would be an interesting one if it came. Most of our team is too unfit and lazy to be grubby.
    He we go Lofty grub club hero. Keep up the hack. Get the Banner. Facts are out all done. Maybe Bellbird back in the day came close.
    Last edited by traffic light; 15-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Banned
    PM me your number , we can sit down, have a beer and I will fill you in on how it sits at the moment......or come down to No2 on Saturday when we play the Suns....
    When was the last time the tigers juniors and seniors were affiliated? 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    When was the last time the tigers juniors and seniors were affiliated? 80's?
    never affiliated as far as I can remember, they have always been separate clubs.

When Cardiff was at the old soccer club, the juniors supplied ball boys, that's about as far affiliated as it got....a couple of the old super league sides(13's, 14's) played there also I think.

all this talk about CCFC is in vain anyway, we have no real asperations to rise to the FM league, as I said before too costly for shit all return, would rather play under Zone instead of the dicks at northern.....

He we go Lofty grub club hero. Keep up the hack. Get the Banner. Facts are out all done. Maybe Bellbird back in the day came close.[/QUOTE]

Bellbird weren't grubs on the field, Cardiff always found them a hard but fair side to play, but there banjo playing supporters behind the goals were a different setup all together….

[QUOTE=traffic light;224578]3yrs, wow almost forever lol. Dont even try to refute clown.

You must have a very simple mind. I asked a question and you have replied with is, well, nothing. Go get a cuddle off Mummy, you need it.

Our juniors hate us FC 0:5 Grub FC
    I honestly think there will be a fist fight in this game. I think Suns will win the game comfortably but Cardiff will win the fight.

Excuses FC 0:4 Mid Table stayers Fc
    Even with the worlds best defender Terrace don't stand a chance, poor bloke must have a sore back trying to carry the team. The former professional indonesian footballer will be way to good for the ZPL wannabes.

TheGoodTeamInGreen 1:0 TheShitTeamInGreen
    Two ugly teams (the football they play and the people). Is this the week Barnsley pull their finger out? I'm not so sure, maybe if they put in a shift like they did vs Dudley they wont lose by many.

Bottlers FC 2:3 We can't defend FC
    Dudley bottled it last week against a 10 man Warners Bay, the wheels are falling off for the all stars. Bero with the upset, it'll be close as bero don't defend.

One man show FC 1:2 Inconsistent FC
    The only thing consistent about Warners Bay is how much their coach carries on (he's a very angry man). Tipping Kotara's speedy gonzalez to add to his tally, but bay to be fired up after last years carry on.... I hope the kotara crowd lay off the beers!
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 16-05-2019 at 04:08 PM.

No need for the details come on lads lets not over think it :P
    if anyone is curious the results for the weekend will be

Round 6
    Cardiff vs. Suns - Cardiff have a steady ship now but its a work in progress. 1 - 3 Suns
    Raymond Terrace vs. Swansea - Raymond Terrace to get pumped again. 0 - 3
    Mayfield vs. Barnsley - This is the football equivilent of Justin Hodges latest boxing match. 0 - 5 Mayfield
    Dudley vs. Bero – Bero to show they have turned things around from last season but still not enough to be a contender. Dudley 2 - 0
    Kotara vs. Warners Bay - Another ZPL battle of the big cats. close game, probably be interesting to watch tipping a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    3yrs, wow almost forever lol. Dont even try to refute clown.

He we go Lofty grub club hero. Keep up the hack. Get the Banner. Facts are out all done. Maybe Bellbird back in the day came close.
    It's football, not s***er!!