Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Raymond Terrace - "time to start our run at the title... for 2020 in ZL1" - 0-7

Barnsley - "This is our year, you cant beat us to relegation... hold my beer" - 0-9

A true battle of the titans for the bottom spot in the table is building up.
    soon they will just straight up be scoring own goals trying to escape ZPL.
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 20-05-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    What is going on at the suns some ordinary results of late
    Haven't lost in 4 games. Weekend result wasn't ideal with a last minute penalty conceded. Results have been 2-2, 8-1, 4-1, 0-0 in the past 4 games.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Can we start a poll for who we want to go down? Terrace or Barnsley?

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Can we start a poll for who we want to go down? Terrace or Barnsley?
    https://linkto.run/p/TQDDKB88

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    WTF he said Barnsley or Terrace, don't go bringing CCFC into your argument.

you might as well have one for the most disliked team/club then, that will get the tempers flaring....

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Suns ain't going nowhere fellas and a little poll isn't going to help make your dreams come true. Enjoy your pathetic games.

+1 vote Bero, because Pasadena

can someone from terrace put the results into SportsTG

Quote Originally Posted by KennysWhiteHat. View Post
    Double leg break. You tell me.
    I was at that game and never saw an Ambulance/stretcher or any kind of serious incident.

I think you are telling porkies!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    I was at that game and never saw an Ambulance/stretcher or any kind of serious incident.

Now that is interesting, I would of thought a bone breaking tackle would require an ambulance (or at least the use of a stretcher!)

Also, Onlooker claiming a '1 or 2 broken ribs' sustained vs the Suns.

Not sure what to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post

Can confirm the player mentioned did suffer a double break to his ankle. No ambulance was called but he did head to the hospital during the first grade game.

Now that is interesting, I would of thought a bone breaking tackle would require an ambulance (or at least the use of a stretcher!)

Also, Onlooker claiming a '1 or 2 broken ribs' sustained vs the Suns.

Not sure what to believe!
    Mate you don’t have to believe me if you don’t choose to. But the first grade player did break his ankle in two places as I did say i didn’t see the tackle but was sitting with him just before he left for the hospital... now in a leg cast..

And as for my ribs happy to send an X-ray that will confirm if you like. I’m not here complaining about my injury as it was a football collision between a goalkeeper and a striker. But definitely not brining it up to make the suns sound bad or dirty. As I said before was great full of the assistance the suns physio provided for me at the time.

A player of ours (Not ZPL) busted his ribs in a fairly innocuous contact contesting for a ball. He played on for a while before having to go off and has now missed several weeks. Definitely possible to break bones and not know the seriousness of it at the time.

So is this where we post all clubs injury updates? Should we include expected round returning to the squad?

Gee there is some hate for the Suns this week. The Terrace have played them once and are all worked up.
    I went down to Dudley Sunday and watched a clinic in the second half. I tip my hat off to Bero Dudley had obviously lost someone close during the week and Bero came together and showed great respect so well done Bero.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Gee there is some hate for the Suns this week. The Terrace have played them once and are all worked up.
    Hate when we are winning, hate when we aren't haha. Pretty standard, but didn't realise so many want us relegated Not sure if it's banter or genuine. Either way doesn't change anything that we do. On the field we don't have issues with anyone, it's the guys on the other side of the white line and behind their computers that seem to have the most to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Hate when we are winning, hate when we aren't haha. Pretty standard, but didn't realise so many want us relegated Not sure if it's banter or genuine. Either way doesn't change anything that we do. On the field we don't have issues with anyone, it's the guys on the other side of the white line and behind their computers that seem to have the most to say.
    The fiercest rivalry in all of local soccer is Suns v Dudley hands down. It's always great entertainment but when it boils down I think there is mutual respect between the 2 clubs. What has gone on the last week and a half and some of the name calling is comical. We play a sport were injuries happens. No one goes out to break someone's leg. The people that say they want the Suns relegated say it out of jealousy cause their club can't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    The fiercest rivalry in all of local soccer is Suns v Dudley hands down. It's always great entertainment but when it boils down I think there is mutual respect between the 2 clubs. What has gone on the last week and a half and some of the name calling is comical. We play a sport were injuries happens. No one goes out to break someone's leg. The people that say they want the Suns relegated say it out of jealousy cause their club can't beat them.
    Mate most of us boys know each other off the pitch. It's great to have a competitive rivalry which has just been from the success of both clubs rather than a hatred or anything else. Not sure where the grubs comments were coming from, but yes injuries are certainly part of the game and I don't think anyone goes out to seriously injure another player and I can confidently say that's certainly the case at our club.

Hopefully the above guys can move on from the childish comments and get back to the football. Couple of exciting games this weekend with the bottom two going head to head. And the top 4 all with fairly tough away trips will be looking to extend the gap from the rest. Suns hosting an in form Swansea on Sunday will be a tough battle I'm sure with the Suns really needing a win to stay in touch with the top 4!

Just so we're all up to date on the current policies our clubs must follow.

You are, under no circumstances, allowed to use a stretcher anymore. Clubs shouldn't even own one, because they're useless now.
    If you suspect a break and the player can't/doesn't want to move. You have to call an Ambo and wait for them to arrive & suspend the game(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's great to have a competitive rivalry which has just been from the success of both clubs rather than a hatred or anything else.
    Maybe a little jealousy on Dudley's side, they haven't had much 'success' in ZPL. #underachieve