Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    The only issue with this post is the Suns are 5 points from 4th and play Swansea and Dudley in the next 2 weeks. The 4 is sorted
    The Suns have beaten both clubs before, yeah Swansea and Dudley are strong, but its football - anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by United FC View Post
    I am concerned how they’re going to work out the comp next year. I don’t think the teams above should be automatic ZPL starts. So either federation just says too bad and pushes the clubs that have kept themselves in ZPL or they create another league as stated.
    I think they would go for another comp as if they push ZPL teams down other teams and that would be messy and ugly
    Messy and Ugly? you've described the zone league system to a tee, the push down will most likely happen and ZPL will start having long trips to Singo for a Wednesday night wash out.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Also while I was soul searching I was sent a link that heaps of the NEWFM teams didn't apply for a license. With most likely this division turning into the 2nd tier of Newy Football. What do we think will happen? The others to drop down and push out the bottom half of the table? Despite being normally safe from relegation will 7th-10th go to ID1's?
    It would be nice to know whats happening!

At least then we'd know how much effort we need to put into trying to win games and avoid going down. I'd much rather kick the crap out people for our next few games and not worry to much about football!

Strap in terrace boys we're comin at ya!

DOGGIES!

How did Warners Bay v Cardiff catch up games end up

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    The Suns have beaten both clubs before, yeah Swansea and Dudley are strong, but its football - anything could happen.
    Yeah they can I have no doubt the other factor is Kotara need to drop point also

How did Warners Bay v Cardiff catch up games end up
    3rds 3-2?
    res 2-1
    1st 3-2
    all to warners bay, I think those scores are right.

I am concerned how they’re going to work out the comp next year. I don’t think the teams above should be automatic ZPL starts. So either federation just says too bad and pushes the clubs that have kept themselves in ZPL or they create another league as stated.
    I think they would go for another comp as if they push ZPL teams down other teams and that would be messy and ugly
    Can't see much changing...
    A couple of teams will swap between NPL and NEWFM, if be surprised to see any real change to the ZPL structure.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Can't see much changing...
    A couple of teams will swap between NPL and NEWFM, if be surprised to see any real change to the ZPL structure.
    I thought the 5 teams were dropping out of Newfm and back to ZPL

They aren't going to ZL3 I'm not sure what people expected. The bottom 5 will go down

i think it could be the other way around, move teams up to the second tier, Northern cant afford to drop that much cash.
    10 teams worth of entry fees. x rego for 10 teams x 60+ players, more if you include the youth teams....a 10/12 team NPL just doesn't bring that much cash in.

Who does everyone have winning this weekend

Swansea v Suns
    Thirds 0-0
    Ressies 0-1 (Suns had 2 fresh for ressies, all of thirds backed up. Bloody gutsy effort!)
    Firsts 2-1. How Tony still gets appointed as referee in this division is bemusing to say the least. Made the game about him and ruined a good game of football.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Swansea v Suns
    Thirds 0-0
    Ressies 0-1 (Suns had 2 fresh for ressies, all of thirds backed up. Bloody gutsy effort!)
    Firsts 2-1. How Tony still gets appointed as referee in this division is bemusing to say the least. Made the game about him and ruined a good game of football.
    What is with the lack of players at the Suns. That reggies result is a great one against a strong reserve grade in Swansea

What is with the lack of players at the Suns. That reggies result is a great one against a strong reserve grade in Swansea
    Injuries, injuries and more injuries. Unfortunately lost about 5 to season ending injuries. Work commitments, overseas holidays and then player numbers down meaning thirds playing two games every week has led to more niggly injuries. Haven’t seen it like this before. We had 25 players available today. Pretty solid effort from everyone involved.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Terrace V Barnsley

3rds 0-7
    Res 0-1
    1st 3-1
    Last edited by onlooker; 27-07-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Apparently the team sheet says 7..

No chance...
    Northern won't desire to lose that much cash.
    Their will be 2 tiers above ZPL

Is that 3 in a row for terrace? Have they recruited a late gun or found their mojo in this grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Is that 3 in a row for terrace? Have they recruited a late gun or found their mojo in this grade?

That’s a big negative on the 3 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Injuries, injuries and more injuries. Unfortunately lost about 5 to season ending injuries. Work commitments, overseas holidays and then player numbers down meaning thirds playing two games every week has led to more niggly injuries. Haven’t seen it like this before. We had 25 players available today. Pretty solid effort from everyone involved.
    Did you lads cop some red cards to to rub salt into the wound

Did you lads cop some red cards to to rub salt into the wound
    Of course they did, 3 red cards.
    2 players and a coach..
    Then they try and blame the refs for their stupidity!!
    Numerous suns players and coaching officials calling the ref a C...t probably doesn't help either..
    Typical suns I guess!