Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Lol All good lads enjoy your little dual, it is good to have some fun ... and yes it true Football clubs are only judged/promoted/dropped on 1st Grade performances
    I mean, not in competitions that the club championship leads to promotion/relegation.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I mean, not in competitions that the club championship leads to promotion/relegation.
    Which all comps that have lower divisions that play the same teams should run off.

Not quite sure what you mean there as a team can come 1st and win minor and major premierships with thire 2nd & 3rds not making semis yet still get promoted ... if it's the other way around and 1st's don't make semis then it doesn't matter if 2nd and 3rd grade are undefeated all year the club doesn't get promoted.

Not quite sure what you mean there as a team can come 1st and win minor and major premierships with thire 2nd & 3rds not making semis yet still get promoted ... if it's the other way around and 1st's don't make semis then it doesn't matter if 2nd and 3rd grade are undefeated all year the club doesn't get promoted.
    but first grade wins are worth more points.
    reserves more than thirds..

Club Championship will mean the strongest SQUAD gets promoted, not the strongest first grade team.

The reason why you often see a lot of NPL clubs juniors get destroyed, because they're promoted based one one team performance, not the squads.

A very easy example is the 2018 Sydney NPL competition. Bonnyrigg first grade finish second last, but were relegated as that competition based promotion/relegation on Club Championship (a scaled table also using U20 and U18 results)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018...all_NSW_season

I have believed for years that Newcastle comps should be based on Club Championship too. There isn't usually a massive variation from the 1st grade ladder, as the points are scaled to favour that grade, but it puts more emphasis on having a stronger overall club as opposed to just one grade.
    Last edited by pv4; 04-06-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    OK

A very easy example is the 2018 Sydney NPL competition. Bonnyrigg first grade finish second last, but were relegated as that competition based promotion/relegation on Club Championship (a scaled table also using U20 and U18 results)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018...all_NSW_season

I have believed for years that Newcastle comps should be based on Club Championship too. There isn't usually a massive variation from the 1st grade ladder, as the points are scaled to favour that grade, but it puts more emphasis on having a stronger overall club as opposed to just one grade.
    Fair point my friend but unfortunately that isn't how it works as I said a club Lives and Dies by 1st Grade results see from the Zone league rules & Regulations....Quote..E 52 PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
    A Club shall be promoted or relegated by the following means:-
    (a) The last placed Team (based on First Grade Competition Premiership Points)
    shall be relegated for the next season; the first placed Team (based on first grade
    Competition Premiership Points) shall be promoted for the next season.
    (b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.
    (c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be
    based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be
    determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition
    Administrator each season.
    (d) In

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

Uni v Azzuri (0/.5)
    - thought this would be close, shouldn’t of been greedy by picking a win. Need a bomb to inside the box goal ratio to confirm any points.

Total .75/1.75(pending updates)
    Sorry Moz, no bombs but can confirm both Uni goals were inside the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

a club Lives and Dies by 1st Grade results
    and yes it true Football clubs are only judged/promoted/dropped on 1st Grade performances
    1st Grade is the only grade that counts for anything .... teams Live and Die by 1st grade results

I reckon this guys thinks 1st grade is more important than the lower grades? Anyone else picking up that vibe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I, for one, live and die by the 3rd Grade tipping war of Moz vs Butch..

This is brilliant
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I reckon this guys thinks 1st grade is more important than the lower grades? Anyone else picking up that vibe?
    I could be wrong, but I reckon that's what he's getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I personally would like to seek some greater clarity on this issue.
    I am still not utterly convinced that is the position being put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    This is brilliant
    It is also tied 4-4 in the Head to Head Ladder, this weekend is massive both on and off the field.
    OK

Sorry Moz, no bombs but can confirm both Uni goals were inside the box.
    Bugger Thanks Butch

It is also tied 4-4 in the Head to Head Ladder, this weekend is massive both on and off the field.
    Love it! It’s been an incredible comeback from The Butch considering he gave away the first 3 rounds in forfeits. Big match up this week. Looking forward to the predictions

Brilliant work guys..

Also, nice to say g'day and see you on the pitch on the weekend Mozzy.. Legend..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Brilliant work guys..

Also, nice to say g'day and see you on the pitch on the weekend Mozzy.. Legend..
    Bon playing thirds is the definition of stacking

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Brilliant work guys..

Same to you Bon. Would have been nice if you took it a bit easier on us haha

My Incognito status is becoming less and less.. might need a name change soon

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think you are confusing stacking with tanking.

OK