Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    About as good as the odds on Speccy getting a sense of humour.
    So you're saying there's a chance

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Surely can't be one of ours? We love thirds more than anyone. We have Thirds Day ffs
    Guilty conscience there Le Baz...

I was more implying that he is one of the 100 or so local footballing lads on these forums who know more about everyone else's club than their own. You know the type. I'm sure we all started as one.

I actually think he doesn't even play for a team. Or plays for both teams if you know what I mean. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Or it's the Members new Multi and this is a social experiment he's putting us all through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

1 point (pending not two headers in NL v Stocko)
    Stocko's goal was a header, New Lambton's was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    NPL or WPL? Big difference.
    well either to be honest... the big difference is in the quality and speed .... the system of getting there and staying there is the same ..!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Stocko's goal was a header, New Lambton's was not.
    Ouch So close. Got greedy

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Oh come on now....ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Guilty conscience there Le Baz...

I was more implying that he is one of the 100 or so local footballing lads on these forums who know more about everyone else's club than their own. You know the type. I'm sure we all started as one.

I actually think he doesn't even play for a team. Or plays for both teams if you know what I mean. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Or it's the Members new Multi and this is a social experiment he's putting us all through.
    Wow that's interesting... I haven't commented on anyone's clubs perse' just mainly on the competition as such.... then replied to comments directed to me..
    Ya right though I don't play for anyone and haven't for some time now...

I have a decent sense of humor, but You should be careful with some of your comments "if you know what I mean" Especially in this Australian climate.. re LBGABC stuff .... As some may take offence...Ha ha
    Just sayin..!

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    I have a decent sense of humor, but You should be careful with some of your comments "if you know what I mean" Especially in this Australian climate.. re LBGABC stuff .... As some may take offence...Ha ha
    Just sayin..!
    I truly don't know what you mean, please elaborate.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Buckle up ladies and gents, it is time to get balls deep in some third grade action, the grade that is everyone's main focus.

Jesmond vs Wallsend: After this match I think the bottom two will be decided. Wallsend to win, both teams to score.

Cooks Hill vs Westlakes: It will be one way traffic sorry Moz. Cooks Hill will score a minimum of two goals per half.

NL vs Stockton: Sharkies had last weekend off so will be fresh... it won't help them, though. NL will win and their goal difference will move out of the negative.

Azzurri vs Suburbs: The Burbs are the strongest 3rd grade side in the comp and have improved their team since their only loss of the season way back in Round 1. The Burbs will get the win but there will only be one goal separating the two teams.

Maryland vs Uni: Uni will win but they won't score as many goals as Cooks Hill do vs Westlakes.
    Good win for the rams! Too bad I didn't back them. Both teams scored = 0.5

Cooks Hill won but did not score 2 goals per half = 0.5

Sharkies grab themselves a point, NL's GD remains in the negative = 0

Azzurri won by 2, deserved the win but was helped by some very questionable goalkeeping = 0

Uni won and they scored the same amount as CH did vs WL = 0

Grand Total = 1

POOR TIPPING
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Sharkies grab themselves a point, NL's GD remains in the negative = 0

Grand Total = 1

POOR TIPPING
    You might (I say might) be able to give yourself 0.5 on that one. 1 previous weeks result hasn't been put in, where we won by 2, so we are in fact, on a 0 goal difference. We were before the weekend, so I will leave it to the tipping comp adjudicators to see if you are allowed to give yourself 0.5.
    Last edited by idontwannaplaywithhowey; 17-06-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    I’ll get the ball rolling with predictions this week. As always 3rds

Jesmond v Wallsend - Draw
    Wallsend have been disappointing from recent times and Jesmond are just frustrating. I can see them frustrating their way to a draw.
    - Wallsend to score first and last

Cookshill v Westlakes - Form snapping win for Westlakes

CH are the only team I haven’t seen, but judging from their ladder position they’re good and judging from our ladder position we are not as good.
    - WL to score first and defend like hell for most of the game

New Lambton v Stockton - NL
    NL are a very tidy side and I feel are one of the more threatening sides out side the top 4. I can’t see Stockton getting past NL tight defence.
    -NL to not concede and Stockton not to Score

Hamilton v Suburbs - Suburbs
    Both very very good sides. I see this being the match of the round across all Newcastle leagues. Just a Spectator should make room in his busy first grade watching schedule to check this fixture out.
    - Suburbs to win, both teams to score.

Maryland v Uni - Uni
    I feel for Maryland as we have been in their position before and it gets harder as the season goes on. If only it were Uni holidays.
    - Maryland to score and lose

Good luck to all
    Jeso v Wallsend - 0
    - Good win for the Rams. Wallsend continue to disappoint

Cookshill v Westlakes - 0
    - very optimistic tipping. In all fairness we defended like hell for most of the game but we never got the early lead 😢.

New Lambton v Stockton - 0
    - Stockton finding a way through the solid defence of NL to break my heart.

Azzuri v Suburbs - 0
    - The dream run continues for Azzuri. I thought Suburbs may had stood a chance with their Friday night keeper but Azzuri are just that good.

Uni v Maryland - 1
    - The saving grace for my tipping this week. Hopefully Maryland put their goal scoring boots away for this weeks upcoming clash.

Total - 1

Tough week for tipping
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

You might (I say might) be able to give yourself 0.5 on that one. 1 previous weeks result hasn't been put in, where we won by 2, so we are in fact, on a 0 goal difference. We were before the weekend, so I will leave it to the tipping comp adjudicators to see if you are allowed to give yourself 0.5.
    I’m happy not to give him the 0.5

I’m happy to let the lord of the table decide the result
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    I’m happy to let the lord of the table decide the result
    I am an observer only. I do not adjudicate. This is a hands on head honesty system, much like one of the greatest sports in the world Ultimate Frisbee. If you can't decide yourself, I trust all involved in this wonderful competition will democratically come to a conclusion. Or I am happy for you guys to bring in a neutral third party to be official adjudicator, I just feel I am too biased against Jesmond to give this the help it deserves.
    OK

I’m happy not to give him the 0.5
    It was poor research on my behalf of which I shouldn't be rewarded for. I'll have to cop this one on the chin.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

It was poor research on my behalf of which I shouldn't be rewarded for. I'll have to cop this one on the chin.
    Nah I changed my mind. I don't want an asterix next to my name when I win. Take the 0.5, it was a great call

1 Hamilton Azzurri JSC 10 9 0 1 38 2 36 28
    2 Garden Suburb SC 10 7 2 1 27 9 18 22
    3 Uni Men's FC 10 6 3 1 31 15 16 19
    4 Cooks Hill UFC 10 6 3 1 26 12 14 19
    5 New Lambton FC 10 4 4 2 16 16 0 14
    6 Stockton JSC 9 2 3 4 13 24 -11 10
    7 Westlakes Wildcats FC 10 2 5 3 9 26 -17 9
    8 Wallsend FC 10 2 6 2 17 18 -1 8
    9 Jesmond FC 10 2 6 2 17 35 -18 8
    10 Maryland Fletcher FC 9 0 8 1 3 40 -37 1

So with CH opening up a 5 point gap to 5th placed New Lambton, can we say the current top 4 will be the ones who make the semis? I can't see either CH or Uni dropping out of the the four. The poor bulldogs may as well put the spoon up on the wall already.

1 Hamilton Azzurri JSC 10 9 0 1 38 2 36 28
    2 Garden Suburb SC 10 7 2 1 27 9 18 22
    3 Uni Men's FC 10 6 3 1 31 15 16 19
    4 Cooks Hill UFC 10 6 3 1 26 12 14 19
    5 New Lambton FC 10 4 4 2 16 16 0 14
    6 Stockton JSC 9 2 3 4 13 24 -11 10
    7 Westlakes Wildcats FC 10 2 5 3 9 26 -17 9
    8 Wallsend FC 10 2 6 2 17 18 -1 8
    9 Jesmond FC 10 2 6 2 17 35 -18 8
    10 Maryland Fletcher FC 9 0 8 1 3 40 -37 1

So with CH opening up a 5 point gap to 5th placed New Lambton, can we say the current top 4 will be the ones who make the semis? I can't see either CH or Uni dropping out of the the four. The poor bulldogs may as well put the spoon up on the wall already.
    Interesting. Good to see the main table.

Uni don't have a difficult game until round 16 vs Suburbs. Should win all before that. Cooks Hill v Azzurri could be a title decider. I wouldn't rule out NL until the massive 6 pointer, Rd 16 v Cooks Hill, although I predict Cooks Hill to end their campaign there and then.

Nah I changed my mind. I don't want an asterix next to my name when I win. Take the 0.5, it was a great call
    Thankyou to everyone for rising above our ethnic disputes and giving this competition the attention, honesty & passion it deserves. Pat yourselves on the back, the spirit of the Shield is alive and well. One would argue it is the pinnacle of Australian Football in the current age.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Hello Labazzuri, aka Maryland Third Grade.