Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Hello Labazzuri, aka Maryland Third Grade.
    Hoping to beat the bye

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Hoping to beat the bye
    They’re a tough competitor, we’ve had our struggles with that demon in our darker days
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Hello Labazzuri, aka Maryland Third Grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Ok ok ok

Play times over

Stockton v Jesmond - Stockton

Penalty to be given

Westlakes v Maryland - Westlakes

This is game of the round for me. West Lake like a Bengal Tiger to come out firing scoring at least 2 goals in the first half

Uni v New Lambton - draw

Uni holidays. Bad news for the students
    New Lambton to be winning and Uni to equalise in last 15

Wallsend v Azzurri- Azzurri

Last game was a tough 1-0 win for blues. I see it being the opposite. -3 start

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - suburbs

Would like Cooks Hill to win this for the blues to get closer to the most important title in world football. But Suburbs to get back on track. 2 goals from corners in the game

Stockton vs Jesmond: Sharkies are the kings of the draw, having drawn more games than any other team in the comp and I'm predicting this match will be no different. DRAW, both teams to score a minimum of two goals each.

Westlakes vs Maryland: Here's an interesting stat, Westlakes have actually conceded 5 more goals than Maryland have in the last 5 games (20 WL, 15 Maryland). Both teams winless in the last 5 matches. In saying that, it is impossible to back Maryland. Westlakes will win this but I might be tight. They won't win by more than 2.

Uni vs NL: If NL have any hopes of making the semis then they need to win this match. They have the form, undefeated in their last 4 outings, recording three wins and a draw although they were against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. I think it will be a close one. Uni to win but NL's First Grade team will score twice as many goals or more in First Grade as Uni do in third grade (hope that makes sense).

Wallsend vs Azzurri: The strange thing about Wallsend is that I actually really rated them when we played them in the first round. Their results before Round 6 were really encouraging but have been on a slippery slope since that Round 6 draw with the Bulldogs. It makes me wonder if they have lost a few players? Defensively they are quite good with the best GD in the bottom half of the table. I'm predicted Azzurri will win but will not score more than 3 goals.

CH vs Burbs: Draw, both teams to score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Stockton v Jesmond - Stockton
    Stockton at home vs teams they are on parr with usually means a win for Stockton.
    - Both teams to score and Scores level at HT

Westlakes v Maryland - Westlakes
    A real danger game for us. After being pummelled for 3 weeks straight we can’t afford to be lackadaisical with our efforts this week.
    - WL for have a better GD than Stockton after this weekend.

Uni v New Lambton - Draw
    This is the opportunity of a lifetime for New Lambton. I think they should win this but something deep down thinks Uni won’t let that happen.
    - More goals in the second half than the first

Wallsend v Azzuri - Azzuri
    Wallsend haven’t turned up the last few weeks. Not sure what’s doing there as they’ve historically had a strong 3rds side. I think they will turn up this week but just fall short
    - Highest scoring match at Cook Park on the day

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - Cooks Hill
    This match could go either way. Cooks hill to bring their scoring boots from last week.
    - CH to score first and last goal
    Last edited by Incognito mosquito; 21-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Already news filtering through WL 2-0 ML

Both goals.... not scored in the first half

Already news filtering through WL 2-0 ML

Both goals.... not scored in the first half
    That is correct

Westlakes v Maryland
    3rds - 2-0 (1-0 HT) WL
    Res - 0-1 Maryland
    1sts - 6-0 (1-0 HT) WL

3rds
    Maryland seemed to be down in troops but they definitely pushed us to the limit. Took until about 10 mins to go before the 2nd goal was scored. They defended like their lives depended on it.

Ressies
    The goal was scored about 15mins in, was a nice little 1 2 around some defenders to put the Maryland player 1 on 1 with our keeper. About 20 mins in a WL player saw red after a silly foul and silly words to the ref. Hopefully he will learn from that. After that the game was an arm wrestle with both teams having their chances. Result was pretty on the money.

1sts
    Again I think a few ressies players backed up for firsts. They seemed to be down on numbers I could be wrong. Was a very good game and that showed by being 1-0 at half time. Looked like Maryland just ran out of legs as the game opened up and WL were able to take advantage

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

What does result need to be in stocko game for your prediction?

What does result need to be in stocko game for your prediction?
    Need Stockton to lose by 5 or more. But I also tipped Stockton.. really snookered myself on that one

Any from suburbs on here?? Athletics field is closed today so games vs cooks hill are postponed

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Any from suburbs on here?? Athletics field is closed today so games vs cooks hill are postponed
    Thanks will let the boys know

Uni v New Lambton
    1st: 1-0 New Lambton
    Res: 1-0 Uni
    3rds: 3-1 Uni

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Uni v New Lambton
    1st: 1-0 New Lambton
    Res: 1-0 Uni
    3rds: 3-1 Uni
    What half had the most goals in 3rds Howie?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    What half had the most goals in 3rds Howie?
    Neither... 1-1 at half time, 2 goals to Uni second half.
    Uni could have plenty in the first half though, they were the far superior outfit.

Wallsend v Azzurri

Thirds
    3-4

Ressies
    0-7

In dark period for ZL1 the referees decided to go ahead with 1st grade despite the ground being under water. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back watching that nonsense before common sense prevailed.

Wallsend v Azzurri

In dark period for ZL1 the referees decided to go ahead with 1st grade despite the ground being under water. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back watching that nonsense before common sense prevailed.
    Otto’s gots to get that bread homie.

In all seriousness though, was a deadset farce to be a part of. Wouldn’t be surprised if both squads come down with pneumonia after that as well.

Wallsend v Azzurri

Thirds
    3-4

Ressies
    0-7

Thriller in thirds la bazzle what happened to u boys conceded more in 1 game then all season so far ? Injuries ? Missing gk ?

Big result from ur reserves to help the goal difference.

I can't believe these games got on yesterday i would of though most grounds around would of been a bog. Do wallsend still play out of the cricket ground ? Near the shops cricket pitch would of been killer in that wet

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Thriller in thirds la bazzle what happened to u boys conceded more in 1 game then all season so far ? Injuries ? Missing gk ?

I can't believe these games got on yesterday i would of though most grounds around would of been a bog. Do wallsend still play out of the cricket ground ? Near the shops cricket pitch would of been killer in that wet
    They play up the hill from the dishlicker track.. Can't think of the name, next to the cemetery yeah?

Otty told me that it was only you, TKX, that didn't want the game going ahead, apparently everyone else (especially the Wallsend boys) were keen as mustard.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post

It was an absolute shambles in 3rds, very much full strength 4-1 up and the boys just lot the plot. Credit to Wallsend though they really pushed and I thought they'd equalise. Pitch was an evener to be fair.

Nah out near the cemetary. It was pretty horendous. The pitch was kinda solid when thirds kicked off to be fair. But by the time firsts came along it was a swamp