Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
I'm pretty sure these are unchanged logos and jerseys since the new rules came in 2014. Magic were forced to change their old logo to new one which was approved and there's no law as to who can sponsor you as far as I'm aware. If Newcastle Macedonia Sports Club sponsors magic then it's fine. Same would go if the Croatia Wickham Sports club was a jersey sponsor for someone or Arrivederci restaurant, etc. If the Azzuri jersey/logo was like they are wanting before 2014 then they wouldn't have an issue.
My opinion is that the laws are a bit of a joke and are being looked at. I think the point is that Azzuri know the rules are in place, yet are going against it knowing full well that it's not allowed.

I'm of Italian background, so I'd love the flag on their jersey, but rules are rules.
CCB or Highfields Azzurri or whatever you want to call it literally had a sponsor called AZZURRI denied for their jersey.

Whether the ethnic links were there before or after 2014 surely doesn't make it any less or more inclusive, which is the entire basis behind this ridiculous policy.