Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Rd 12

3rds

With the amount of catch up games some teams will have it will be difficult to keep track of all these predictions.

A special thanks to New Lambton too for being flexible with the venue change to allow this weeks fixture to potentially go ahead.

Predictions

Cooks Hill v Azzuri - Draw
    Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.
    - Most goals at the discus goal end and Butch for MoM

Good luck to all hope it is a blind melon weekend so some football can be had
    $ Chi ching $
    You win the kewpie doll...or
    A mars bar and a can of coke (or...if you're Local:- I can I can't)

Cooks Hill v Hamilton
    Athfield
    3rds C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 4
    Res C/Hill 0 v Hamilton 3
    1st C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 1

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    $ Chi ching $
    You win the kewpie doll...or
    A mars bar and a can of coke (or...if you're Local:- I can I can't)

Cooks Hill v Hamilton
    Athfield
    3rds C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 4
    Res C/Hill 0 v Hamilton 3
    1st C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 1
    But.. Azzurri won
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    But.. Azzurri won
    Sorry...didn't read top lines.

Was looking at the money game; the one that counts lol

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Sorry...didn't read top lines.

Was looking at the money game; the one that counts lol

Yeah mate we won that one 4-1?

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Yeah mate we won that one 4-1?
    You're slipping, RJ
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You're slipping, RJ
    Yeah...guilty as charged.
    Don't really come here apart to post scores...occasionally.
    Backtracked and yeah, now I get it.
    TL;DR some of it. Consider me a 1st grade snob.

Sorry lads but atm, it's the ZPL thread ftw, although cred to ZL1 for going head to head with
    ZPL on the thread the page count

Sorry lads but atm, it's the ZPL thread ftw, although cred to ZL1 for going head to head with
    Got to agree it’s brilliant over there. I wish I knew enough about it to join in. Just trying to hang in there on the pages atm

I did not know any other threads were still going tbh
    OK

Maryland vs Suburbs washed out.

Westlakes v New Lambton

3rds 1-1
    Res 0-0
    1st 4-2 WL

3rds
    -Westlakes opened the scoring with a header and went into the break 1-0 up. Both sides missing good chances through out the game and NL chipping the keeper with about 15 to go to level it. I think only 1 Westlakes player got a yellow and at least 1 NL player.

Res
    - Match got delayed when a WL player fell awkwardly after contesting a header about 20-25 mins in the first half. Everyone at the ground looked after him and thanks to NL for assisting where possible. Game resumed on the bottom field after some quick setting up and 30 mins of the second half was played.

1sts
    1-0 at HT to Westlakes and went up 3-0 with about 20 mins to go. NL keeping it interesting with 2 well finished goals from the counter.

Safe to say -
    Azzuri, Cookers and Westlakes will be 1,2,3
    The fourth spot is anyone’s at this stage, latest results making it a very interesting fight for the 4th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

Cooks Hill v Azzuri - Draw
    Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.
    - Most goals at the discus goal end and Butch for MoM
    Bad news: Most goals were not scored at the discus end (2, one for each team), three were scored at the other end.

Good news: Butch was MOTM
    Last edited by the_butcher; 01-07-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Hopefully we don't get beaten by the wet weather. The world need's its fix of the greatest division of football in existence.

Stockton vs Wallsend: Both teams haven't won in the last 5 matches. Wallsend have lost 4 and won 1 whilst Stockton have drawn 4 and lost 1. The Sharks will FINALLY be able to sing their team song again. Sharks to win the match officially, Wallsend to win with a +1.5 start.

Jesmond vs Uni: Uni need to start putting these teams to the sword if they want to be considered a top team in the world's best division. Jesmond are playing for nothing. Uni to win and do so by an even amount of goals. I'd go something a bit more exotic but I don't think we have any Uni or Jesmond people on here to confirm any of our more outrageous markets.

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: Azzurri's defense is leaking like an old tap all of a sudden. Cooks Hill to win by a goal.

Maryland vs Suburbs: Maryland haven't conceded more then 4 in a game in at least their last 5 games. Unfortunately they will this week. Suburbs to win with a -4 start.

NL vs WL: NL semi finals hopes are hanging by a thread. They need to win this to keep the dream alive. NL to win, no more than one yellow card in the match.
    Stockton vs Wallsend: Wallsend pick up a much deserved win. 0 points

Jesmond vs Uni: HUGE result here for Jesmond to get a draw against a strongly backed Uni side. Uni holidays play a part maybe? 0 points

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: To be honest, Azzurri's defense was as solid as a rock and probably deserved to have won 4-0 if not for a very soft penalty given to CH. 0 points

Maryland vs Suburbs: WASHED OUT

NL vs WL: Good result for Moz's troops. Moz also reports that there was more than one yellow so that means.... 0 points

After a solid couple of weeks of tipping I have come crashing back down to Earth in spectacular fashion.

TOTAL: 0 POINTS (pending Suburbs vs Maryland catch up game)
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Cheers to Westlakes for hosting us Sunday, much better than having to play midweek catch ups.
    All the best to the fella from reggies too, hopefully nothing too serious.

Ok....... I really need this one.

If games aren't washed out, although very likely:

Stockton v Wallsend - Wallsend

Wallsend to win comfortably after their almost come back against Azzurri - Atleast one goal to Parra (Dan will know)

Wallsend win! 0.5 awaiting confirmaiton from Dan if Parra scored

Jesmond v Uni - Uni

Closer than we think - Uni to win by a margin no more than 2

Shock of the year 0-0 and 0 points

Cooks Hill v Azzurri - Draw

Game of the round - season defining for both teams..... I should get extra points for this prediciton......

0-0

Poor tip 0 pts

Maryland v Suburbs - Suburbs

Suburbs to win scoring at least double the goals in the second half as they do in the first

Washed out

New Lambton v Westlake - Draw

This ones for Moz...... Westlake to score last

Draw 0.5 pts.... Westlake scored first
    Massive 1 point

Parra didn't score

Parra didn't score
    I thought that was a sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    There's definitely going to be some twists and turns in the title race. Even Westlakes and Suburbs who are sitting last and second last have the potential to beat anyone on their day.

Just as interesting will be the battle to avoid relegation. Very hard to fathom clubs like Suburbs or Westlakes going down. Still a very long way to go, though.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction this early on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    New Lambton.
    The battle to #survivethedrop is probably more exciting than the battle for promotion.

Mathematically, every team besides Azzurri and CH could still be relegated. Jesmond beating Uni on the weekend goes a long way to them avoiding the dreaded double drop. Uni play Stockton this weekend in what is probably the match of the round in the #survivethedrop excitement stakes.

I think we can safely rule out WL, NL and Maryland. That leaves Wallsend, Suburbs, Stockton, Uni and Jesmond.

Personally, I think Wallsend and Suburbs easily have the quality to keep them up. Stockton, Uni and Jesmond however, are a flip of the coin.

Uni have Stockton this week and Wallsend the next. If they don't pick up points in those game, I think they are toast because I can't see them getting anything from their final 4 games (WL, Burbs, Azzurri, CH).

Uni are my favourites for the spoon. What do others think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Safe to say -
    Azzuri, Cookers and Westlakes will be 1,2,3
    The fourth spot is anyone’s at this stage, latest results making it a very interesting fight for the 4th spot.
    I think the top 2 is safe - after that everything is still well and truly up for grabs.
    We would be disappointed if we weren't able to make 3rd our own and make up for our disappointing start to the season, but definitely not taking anything for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Cheers to Westlakes for hosting us Sunday, much better than having to play midweek catch ups.
    All the best to the fella from reggies too, hopefully nothing too serious.
    Thanks to you guys as well, as you said, much better to get the game done on the weekend than have the catchup game hanging over everyone's heads. Much appreciated.
    I believe the latest is high grade ligament tear - he's in a moon boot and looks like he has a baseball for an ankle.

Tend to agree with you Butch, I was actually prepping to take a punt on Stocko but after having a quick squiz at the results, I think I'm gonna say Jesmond - they have a tough run home having already played Uni, Stocko and Wallsend this round.

Still anyone's game for both relegation and finals, pretty cracking comp this year.

Honestly for last place I can't see how you guys can look past Maryland.
    OK