Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Honestly for last place I can't see how you guys can look past Maryland.
    Why's that? They are 5 points clear of last with a game in hand... or have I missed a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Why's that? They are 5 points clear of last with a game in hand... or have I missed a joke?
    I could be wrong, but I think you missed that he was predicting it based on the ultimate division, third grade.. haha

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Poor from you here Butchell

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Uh oh, has Butch been had here?

Massive 1 point
    Hang in there La Bazzle, always remember that Steven Bradbury has an Olympic gold medal hanging on his wall somewhere. Anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think you missed that he was predicting it based on the ultimate division, third grade.. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    Uh oh, has Butch been had here?
    I've absolutely been done here Brilliant from PV4, poor from the master of the meat cleaver. I'll blame it on a big weekend, the brain is mush.
    Last edited by the_butcher; 01-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Rd 12

3rds

With the amount of catch up games some teams will have it will be difficult to keep track of all these predictions.

A special thanks to New Lambton too for being flexible with the venue change to allow this weeks fixture to potentially go ahead.

Predictions

Stockton v Wallsend - Draw
    Stockton coming off a game I’m assuming they felt they could win v Wallsend with nearly the comeback of a lifetime. I say the sharks will be too hungry to lose but not good enough to win.
    - Stockton to score the last goal

Jeso v Uni - Uni
    Uni will be too fit and too good.
    - Uni by 3 or more

Cooks Hill v Azzuri - Draw
    Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.
    - Most goals at the discus goal end and Butch for MoM

Westlakes v New Lambton - WL
    I’m going to say the change in venue will swing the odds in the favour of WL. Seeing as this is our away game, will we give NL the home sheds? Who knows, all I know is this game will be tighter than a nuns nasties.
    - WL by 1

Maryland v Suburbs - Suburbs
    Maryland have certainly closed some gaps in their defence of late. I think Suburbs will open them back up.
    - Suburbs to score more in the first half than second. 1 goal to be a header and Maryland scoreless.

Good luck to all hope it is a blind melon weekend so some football can be had
    Stockton v Wallsend 0.5
    - confirmed through a reliable source that Stockton scored the last goal of the match

Jesmond v Uni 0
    - no goals no points

Cooks Hill v Azzuri 0
    - Congrats on the MoM Butch. Shame both sides couldn’t put a few more away in the discuss end.

WL v New Lambton 0
    - Was looking on track for a big one pointer until a well finished chip from outside the box brought us back to level pegging. NL having a shot cleared off the line too could feel hard done by

Maryland v Suburbs (washout)

Total 0.5 pitiful performance
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Cooks Hill v Azzuri 0
    - Congrats on the MoM Butch. Shame both sides couldn’t put a few more away in the discuss end.
    Would TXK please confirm if this is in fact 0 points, or does Moz get 0.25 for the Butch MoM call?

Once confirmed I will update the Ladder, and I will leave it to yall to alert me to catchup games score updates in future.
    OK

WL v New Lambton 0
    - Was looking on track for a big one pointer until a well finished chip from outside the box brought us back to level pegging. NL having a shot cleared off the line too could feel hard done by
    What about the home shed situation?

I've absolutely been done here Brilliant from PV4, poor from the master of the meat cleaver. I'll blame it on a big weekend, the brain is mush.
    I believe in the Azzurri language, the phrase is you got got.
    OK

Would TXK please confirm if this is in fact 0 points, or does Moz get 0.25 for the Butch MoM call?

Once confirmed I will update the Ladder, and I will leave it to yall to alert me to catchup games score updates in future.
    I actually think it's 0.5. He never tipped a result, just went for most goals at the discus end and butch MOTM didn't he?

Stockton vs Wallsend: Wallsend pick up a much deserved win. 0 points

Jesmond vs Uni: HUGE result here for Jesmond to get a draw against a strongly backed Uni side. Uni holidays play a part maybe? 0 points

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: To be honest, Azzurri's defense was as solid as a rock and probably deserved to have won 4-0 if not for a very soft penalty given to CH. 0 points

Maryland vs Suburbs: WASHED OUT

NL vs WL: Good result for Moz's troops. Moz also reports that there was more than one yellow so that means.... 0 points

After a solid couple of weeks of tipping I have come crashing back down to Earth in spectacular fashion.

TOTAL: 0 POINTS (pending Suburbs vs Maryland catch up game)

Finally got to encounter my first Azzurri match on the weekend and i was not dissapointed to see what i was expecting, some very good players out on the park but that was for cookers as well entertaining games across the day

Agreed with above and rock solid 3rd grade defense however thought it was a bit odd that the reserve grade keeper was also the 3rds ? He looked to be certainly a step above that. So not sure what was doing there injurys or short perhaps anyone care to chime in ?

Some absolute scenes with a player running from halfway to put a tackle on the azzurri goalkeeper ? Sent immedietly and rightly so not to sure the circumstances behind it but was cetainly bizarre

Reserve grade was a game of 2 halfs and was very entertaining to watch some players on both squad at 1st grade level.
    Again another red car in this game for a dangerous tackle which looked very poor from where i was sitting

Main game was also entertaining which could of gone either way. By the looks of the pitch it probably didnt suit either team with its condition.

However both of these squads are absolute quality and would not look out of place in newfm

Cheers to both squads for providing me a great weekend of football to watch with most matches washed out on saturday

I actually think it's 0.5. He never tipped a result, just went for most goals at the discus end and butch MOTM didn't he?
    I went for a draw as the result. With my exotics I went for a bold double play.. which was risky. I feel the point scoring goes .5 for result .5 for exotics so I needed both to play off. I know in the early stages .25s were given but I feel we have evolved from that stage. Happy to cop the 0

What about the home shed situation?
    We selfishly kept our home sheds in the hope that it would rattle the NL players... It did not.

I went for a draw as the result. With my exotics I went for a bold double play.. which was risky. I feel the point scoring goes .5 for result .5 for exotics so I needed both to play off. I know in the early stages .25s were given but I feel we have evolved from that stage. Happy to cop the 0
    TXK will be able to confirm, but..

My understanding of the points system was 0.5 points went into the result, and 0.5 went into the exotics. I don't see it outrageous to split exotics into max 2 sections, particularly as it has been done before. Every point counts in trying to make sure labazzurri doesn't Bradbury this.

But again, I am openly just too bias against Jesmond to make decisions on the competition itself whilst not ruining its integrity.
    OK

TXK will be able to confirm, but..

My understanding of the points system was 0.5 points went into the result, and 0.5 went into the exotics. I don't see it outrageous to split exotics into max 2 sections, particularly as it has been done before. Every point counts in trying to make sure labazzurri doesn't Bradbury this.

But again, I am openly just too bias against Jesmond to make decisions on the competition itself whilst not ruining its integrity.
    I’m happy to award the 0.25 points. Mossie tipped Butch MoM and Butch got MoM. A correct tip and Mossie doesn’t deserve to walk away with nothing.

I’m happy to award the 0.25 points. Mossie tipped Butch MoM and Butch got MoM. A correct tip and Mossie doesn’t deserve to walk away with nothing.
    Well if all parties agree to the terms I’m happy to accept the .25 points.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Well if all parties agree to the terms I’m happy to accept the .25 points.
    Confirmed

Thankyou for confirming, TXK.

Updated Ladder below. I would like to congratulate labazzurri on winning his/her first Head to Head round!

OK

The battle to #survivethedrop is probably more exciting than the battle for promotion.

Mathematically, every team besides Azzurri and CH could still be relegated. Jesmond beating Uni on the weekend goes a long way to them avoiding the dreaded double drop. Uni play Stockton this weekend in what is probably the match of the round in the #survivethedrop excitement stakes.

I think we can safely rule out WL, NL and Maryland. That leaves Wallsend, Suburbs, Stockton, Uni and Jesmond.

Personally, I think Wallsend and Suburbs easily have the quality to keep them up. Stockton, Uni and Jesmond however, are a flip of the coin.

Uni have Stockton this week and Wallsend the next. If they don't pick up points in those game, I think they are toast because I can't see them getting anything from their final 4 games (WL, Burbs, Azzurri, CH).

Uni are my favourites for the spoon. What do others think?
    Its very difficult to pick.
    Azzurri and Cookers a class above the rest, and I would add that Westlakes are alone in the next tier.
    After that, the teams from 4-10 are all of very similar quality, so depending on anyone's run (whether it be good or bad) any team could grab 4th or finish 10th in my opinion. That last 4 game run for Uni is brutal though.