Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

#DucksFlyTogether

I tell you what, the Hawks are having a strong showing this season.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Great game last night

Azzurri 3 Suburbs 2

Azzurri started well, had 3-4 gilt-edge chances before finally scoring. After that it was all Suburbs and they deservedly equalised then went 2-1 just before half time with a delicious finish.

2nd half started like the first ended before Azzurri came home with a wet sail scoring 2 after turning the pressure up.

Suburbs will be very good this year, they played some great football and it was hard not to applaud some of their play, feeling pretty good about my predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Great game last night

Azzurri 3 Suburbs 2

Azzurri started well, had 3-4 gilt-edge chances before finally scoring. After that it was all Suburbs and they deservedly equalised then went 2-1 just before half time with a delicious finish.

2nd half started like the first ended before Azzurri came home with a wet sail scoring 2 after turning the pressure up.

Suburbs will be very good this year, they played some great football and it was hard not to applaud some of their play, feeling pretty good about my predictions.
    Great summary, we were saying in the sheds that despite losing that was a good game to be part of.

We were happy with it as far as 'preseason' games go as we hadn't had a solid game with a full squad until last night. No complaints and plenty to take away in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    #DucksFlyTogether

I tell you what, the Hawks are having a strong showing this season.
    Don't let it slip now
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Great summary, we were saying in the sheds that despite losing that was a good game to be part of.

We were happy with it as far as 'preseason' games go as we hadn't had a solid game with a full squad until last night. No complaints and plenty to take away in the end.
    Superb and extremely competitive (without being nasty) game of football, enjoyable to be a part of.

Suburbs were brilliant, as is expected when they are full strength, and if they can keep that team on the park will do extremely well. Further proof that this will be a strong competition across the board.

See you again in a few weeks time!

Results from the Jeso FFA Cup game last night?
    Were there any other Zone league one games on?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Results from the Jeso FFA Cup game last night?
    Were there any other Zone league one games on?
    I believe it was 2-1 to Jeso

How'd Cooks Hill go against the Suns

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsiverio View Post
    Heard Suns are looking for a coach? Players walking off the field in friendlies like last season before there coach got sacked?
    Not sure if that is a report or speculation....

CHUFC vs Suns

3rds 4-0 CHUFC
    Res 1-0 CHUFC
    1sts 5-3 CHUFC

With about 10 minutes to go trailing 5-3 the Suns Captain walked off and didn't come back

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    CHUFC vs Suns

3rds 4-0 CHUFC
    Res 1-0 CHUFC
    1sts 5-3 CHUFC

With about 10 minutes to go trailing 5-3 the Suns Captain walked off and didn't come back
    Super captain

Suns have been very poor this preseason by their standard. Lost to Westlakes, Belted by Dudley, lost to CH. Not sure if that means Suns have been very poor or ID1 has improved... The result against Dudley would suggest Suns are struggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Super captain

Suns have been very poor this preseason by their standard. Lost to Westlakes, Belted by Dudley, lost to CH. Not sure if that means Suns have been very poor or ID1 has improved... The result against Dudley would suggest Suns are struggling.
    Suns are notoriously bad early season till they get fit. I would say ID1 is heaps stronger this year from what I have seen and the top teams in ID1 would be really competitive in ZPL

Any truth to the rumour that a Cooks Hill 3rd grader was left with a broken nose from a less than savory incident

Suns are notoriously bad early season till they get fit. I would say ID1 is heaps stronger this year from what I have seen and the top teams in ID1 would be really competitive in ZPL
    Your right about clubs being stronger. I think its a flow on affect from the decisions regarding NPL and the u/20's regime. decent players are still filtering down every year as they turn 21 lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    Your right about clubs being stronger. I think its a flow on affect from the decisions regarding NPL and the u/20's regime. decent players are still filtering down every year as they turn 21 lol
    Anvil you have nailed it in one

Big first round action. Westlakes v Cooks Hill is surely game of the week, can the Bengal Tigers start with a bang?. Wallsend to put away 5+ against Jeso. After FFA cup can't predict sundays clash suburbs v azzurri. If either team fires could put the other away. Wouldn't complain with a draw.

Any truth to the rumour that a Cooks Hill 3rd grader was left with a broken nose from a less than savory incident
    More than a broken nose from what i'v heard

At least a couple of operations to repair the damage, and the referee's have being told to expect subpoena's to give evidence when it goes to court.

We can only speculate without all the facts, but i dare say it sounds like a lengthy suspension, if not life ban will be on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post

At least a couple of operations to repair the damage, and the referee's have being told to expect subpoena's to give evidence when it goes to court.

We can only speculate without all the facts, but i dare say it sounds like a lengthy suspension, if not life ban will be on the way.
    Man, sounds horrible..
    Hope the bloke is alright..

If this sort of thing is potentially going to court, I wouldn't be writing too much more about it in here then..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Man, sounds horrible..
    Hope the bloke is alright..

If this sort of thing is potentially going to court, I wouldn't be writing too much more about it in here then..
    shhh, we want details!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post

Hope its a quick recovery, poor bastard. Considering the precedent has been set by suspending someone for 8 weeks for a facebook comment, you would imagine it would have to be very lengthy.