Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

What are the results from recent trials in this division?

Westlakes v Warners Bay yesterday arvo, pretty hot conditions.
    Thirds 3-4
    Ressies 0-2
    Firsts 4-0

Good first run for the boys to blow the cobwebs off.

How is it that Hamiton Azzurri can have the Azzurri on the end but Charlestown city NPL aren't allowed?? Strange

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    How is it that Hamiton Azzurri can have the Azzurri on the end but Charlestown city NPL aren't allowed?? Strange
    “The National Club Identity Policy says that any new or revised club names, logos and emblems of clubs may have the following components; words or letters in English; and/or references to the broader geographic area in which the club is located; and/or colours; and/or references to flora; and/or references to fauna, provided that these components do not carry any ethnic, national, political, racial or religious connotations either in isolation or combination.

The policy will not be applied retrospectively, in deference to those clubs with long-standing usage of names that would otherwise not comply with the new policy.“

Because of that bunch of rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    “The National Club Identity Policy says that any new or revised club names, logos and emblems of clubs may have the following components; words or letters in English; and/or references to the broader geographic area in which the club is located; and/or colours; and/or references to flora; and/or references to fauna, provided that these components do not carry any ethnic, national, political, racial or religious connotations either in isolation or combination.

The policy will not be applied retrospectively, in deference to those clubs with long-standing usage of names that would otherwise not comply with the new policy.“

Because of that bunch of rubbish
    Charlestown were forced to drop the "Azzuri" when they were accepted into the NPL right? At the same time they merged with Chalestown Hammers to have the junior squads they needed to be accepted.
    I believe (could be wrong/memory bad) they settled on Charlestown City Blues as part of the merger because they had to drop the 'ethnic' part of the club name? As well as Charlestown not wanting to lose their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Charlestown were forced to drop the "Azzuri" when they were accepted into the NPL right? At the same time they merged with Chalestown Hammers to have the junior squads they needed to be accepted.
    I believe (could be wrong/memory bad) they settled on Charlestown City Blues as part of the merger because they had to drop the 'ethnic' part of the club name? As well as Charlestown not wanting to lose their identity.
    Yeah pretty sure thats the gist of it. NNSW apparently have their hands tied by the NCIP. They put a lovely little survey out about the NCIP in November

https://www.ffa.com.au/news/take-nat...cy-ncip-survey

But I think the FFA have had some bigger issues to face since releasing that

I was led to believe at that time they didn't have to drop the ethnic part of the name at all. I thought they did it solely to get the Hammers onside. But then couldn't change it back after the NCIP came in.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I was led to believe at that time they didn't have to drop the ethnic part of the name at all. I thought they did it solely to get the Hammers onside. But then couldn't change it back after the NCIP came in.
    Interesting! Could be right and they're pushing the "forced" side of things because it doesn't sound as good to say you voluntarily dropped it

NCIP is still ridiculous though

Interesting! Could be right and they're pushing the "forced" side of things because it doesn't sound as good to say you voluntarily dropped it

Well if you look strictly at the timeline of events..

Highfields Azzurri merged and changed their name to CCB in 2009 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlestown_City_Blues_FC).

The NCIP was introduced in 2014 (https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/f...dentity-policy).

I have no doubts CCB have had massive inflexibility etc from the FFA since the NCIP but I'm confident the name change was never about ethnicity, and was solely about NNSW's push to have senior clubs merged with junior clubs in that whole debacle when Azzurri & Lakes were dropped from NBN State League even though they didn't come last.

Agreed, the NCIP is ridiculous and racist, and highly subjective. Check out Frank Lowy's lovechild Hakoah blatantly change their logos etc AFTER the NCIP was introduced with mad ethnic elements etc. Apparently it's cool if you're tied into Lowy's desired ethnicity, but none others..
    OK

If the timeline above is accurate maybe it wasn't NCIP, but I remember at the time someone ( pretty sure it was Northern) forced them to remove Azzurri.There was massive uproar and it definitely wasn't voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    If the timeline above is accurate maybe it wasn't NCIP, but I remember at the time someone ( pretty sure it was Northern) forced them to remove Azzurri.There was massive uproar and it definitely wasn't voluntary.
    Correct. It was forceably removed, from memory. I was on the CCB (ZL side) committee shortly after the merger and I remember people were still very shitty about it.

Banned
    NCIP was a brilliant move. Put the mismanaged effo leagues of the past off the main map and made the game more identifiable to majority of people.
    Effos weren't ever going to leave and the game has grown mainstream to take on the other codes. A mere dream 20 years ago.

Sure, some people are having a huge soss eat cry but the decision was master. Look at the divisive single effnic clubs that are still around. Multikulcha is the only way.

Cept for hamo azziz, they confused skips trying to be euro jizz. Keep up the fight bros

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post

Cept for hamo azziz, they confused skips trying to be euro jizz. Keep up the fight bros
    Euro jizz united, will never be defeated

I came across a article posted on FB about the lack of facilities across NSW/ACT for Football. The article was shared by Northern NSW Football and the comment section seemed to be flooded by people complaining about Smith Park.

Imagine if the Club in control of that facility actually looked after Smith Park and tried to fix it up with all the money they brag about having. Providing toilet paper even would be a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Does anyone have a copy of what ZL1 prize money for 2018 was allocated?

e.g. how much for a round win? how much for GF? etc

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Imagine if the Club in control of that facility actually looked after Smith Park and tried to fix it up with all the money they brag about having. Providing toilet paper even would be a good start.
    The crypto market collapsed. Oily rag times now. Club still refuses to up regos though, bless em

The crypto market collapsed. Oily rag times now. Club still refuses to up regos though, bless em
    Sounds like a terrible business model tbh. On the brink of folding no doubt.

Sounds like a terrible business model tbh. On the brink of folding no doubt.
    Dunbar Rovers have managed to build a successful business model based on no rego fees. It wouldn't be impossible for other clubs to build models that keep fees low.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Dunbar Rovers have managed to build a successful business model based on no rego fees. It wouldn't be impossible for other clubs to build models that keep fees low.
    Works perfectly fine if you have people with enough time to chase sponsors throughout the offseason.
    Azzurri seems to do that well, so props to them. Lots of work to get them to keep the rego costs down.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    If you can subsidize registration and have no/low registration fees then more power to you, it would be great if more clubs could do it.
    However then complaining about your poor facilities, if this is at the expense of not having enough revenue to maintain/upgrade your facilities then maybe your revenue is going to the wrong place.
    It's a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!