Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I'm putting in a dispute! Where does the 0.5 come from? You predicted NL 3-1. That .5 could prove the difference come September
    Haha the scores were meaningless.. much like what spectator believes 3rds and Ressies are. I will cop the .5 point deduction but from here on in no more scoreline predictions 😂

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Whoops! Read the shandy as scoring goals.....

I'll go back to being a listener
    Thanks for trying to help, I need all the help I can get

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post

I'll go back to being a listener
    Nah join the Third Grade tipping comp, Just a Spectator loves it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

NL vs Jeso = 1

CH vs Uni = 0

Friendship Cup: 0.5 because we didn't fit a beer in. I did come into the away sheds with a couple of tins but the Moz must have already flown away... That nice fella who hurt his ankle profited from your absence.

Burbs vs Devils: 1

Total = 2.5
    Sorry about that, had some business to attend to before keeping the res bench warm. He did tell me all about the free beer though. I’ll be sure to return the gesture in the penultimate round.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Nah join the Third Grade tipping comp, Just a Spectator loves it!
    Happy to come in late and storm away to victory. Case of Italy's finest from each loser to the winner? You in big Spec?

Most important Ladder in Newcastle sporting history has been updated:

OK

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    So wait... Let me get this straight... Just to confirm...

First grade is all that matters? Reserves and Third grade don't matter? Right????

So, we should just remove those grades and have only First Grade throughout all the comps? Because First grade is all that matters?
    Ok let me explain it yet again for the peanut gallery... In Grade Football, 1st Grade IS the most important grade as relegation and promotion is all gauged by 1st grade results.... hence if 2nd & 3rd grade come first minor major even if you like and 1st grade don't even make finals then that club doesn't get promoted now if the 1st Grade team comes last in this case then regardless of 2nd & 3rd's wining the premiership that club Will be relegated.... 2nd and 3rd grade are there to SUPPORT 1st grade...I have noted this previously if people cared to read thoroughly you wouldn't have asked the above and that's the bottom line .... And anyone playing the other grades should be striving to play 1st grade anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Ok let me explain it yet again for the peanut gallery... In Grade Football, 1st Grade IS the most important grade as relegation and promotion is all gauged by 1st grade results.... hence if 2nd & 3rd grade come first minor major even if you like and 1st grade don't even make finals then that club doesn't get promoted now if the 1st Grade team comes last in this case then regardless of 2nd & 3rd's wining the premiership that club Will be relegated.... 2nd and 3rd grade are there to SUPPORT 1st grade...I have noted this previously if people cared to read thoroughly you wouldn't have asked the above and that's the bottom line .... And anyone playing the other grades should be striving to play 1st grade anyways
    Are you saying that the lower grades don't matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Are you saying that the lower grades don't matter?
    What he is saying is that 1st grade only matters to 1st grade players and that the other grades also only matter to 1st grade players.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    well that explains everything then, glad I read that..

I'm so confused!!!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I'm so confused!!!
    Basically, thirds should pay less rego

It makes sense to have the most important grade played first up in the day, so the supporting grades are fresher to be used for backup and then after the main event can play their own games. At least we have got something right.
    OK

3rd grade gets to use the pitch first when it’s in the best condition and the bar/canteen is fully stocked. Surely that means it’s the main event

I'll be honest, at first I thought it was just a multi having fun. But this is amazing. ZL1 winning the best thread convos this season by a mile.

Even more proof that Zone League 1 is the most important league as well. NPL, NewFM and ZPL should be taking notes on how to become the premier division in the area. Cause this is where it's at baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'll be honest, at first I thought it was just a multi having fun.
    Initially i didn't think so, but it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Even more proof that Zone League 1 is the most important league as well. NPL, NewFM and ZPL should be taking notes on how to become the premier division in the area. Cause this is where it's at baby.
    ZL1- The 3rd Grade of Newcastle Footballing royalty aka 'the most important'.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    ZL1- The 3rd Grade of Newcastle Footballing royalty aka 'the most important'.
    I am touched with the support that this movement has garnered over the last few weeks. It’s beautiful to see that a little movement of #Make3rdsGreatAgain could turn into the juggernaut that it is today.
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

I’ll get the ball rolling with predictions this week. As always 3rds

Jesmond v Wallsend - Draw
    Wallsend have been disappointing from recent times and Jesmond are just frustrating. I can see them frustrating their way to a draw.
    - Wallsend to score first and last

Cookshill v Westlakes - Form snapping win for Westlakes

CH are the only team I haven’t seen, but judging from their ladder position they’re good and judging from our ladder position we are not as good.
    - WL to score first and defend like hell for most of the game

New Lambton v Stockton - NL
    NL are a very tidy side and I feel are one of the more threatening sides out side the top 4. I can’t see Stockton getting past NL tight defence.
    -NL to not concede and Stockton not to Score

Hamilton v Suburbs - Suburbs
    Both very very good sides. I see this being the match of the round across all Newcastle leagues. Just a Spectator should make room in his busy first grade watching schedule to check this fixture out.
    - Suburbs to win, both teams to score.

Maryland v Uni - Uni
    I feel for Maryland as we have been in their position before and it gets harder as the season goes on. If only it were Uni holidays.
    - Maryland to score and lose

Good luck to all
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

I have it on pretty good authority that Friday night All Age is what every club lives and dies for.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!