Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Massive few weeks for Suburb(s).

2 potential mid-week catch up games as well as normal weekend games to come.

With the weather predicted to return this week, could we see more washouts and more midweek games determining the season???

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Massive few weeks for Suburb(s).

2 potential mid-week catch up games as well as normal weekend games to come.

With the weather predicted to return this week, could we see more washouts and more midweek games determining the season???
    Pretty simple equation for burbs this week. Lose thirds, win or draw 1sts and ressies. Easy

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Pretty simple equation for burbs this week. Lose thirds, win or draw 1sts and ressies. Easy
    But if they do that, people might accuse them of stacking the lower grades to ensure they win some medals?

But if they do that, people might accuse them of stacking the lower grades to ensure they win some medals?
    Well played

Side note I have always been a fan of stacking, good for the game.

Side note I have always been a fan of stacking, good for the game.
    We know, mate..

Actually, we are still waiting for the $$$ from the Burger King sponsorship to come through..
    Last edited by Bon; 03-07-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    We know, mate..

Actually, we are still waiting for the $$$ from the Burger King sponsorship to come through..

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post

thought it was a bit odd that the reserve grade keeper was also the 3rds ? He looked to be certainly a step above that. So not sure what was doing there injurys or short perhaps anyone care to chime in ?

Some absolute scenes with a player running from halfway to put a tackle on the azzurri goalkeeper ? Sent immedietly and rightly so not to sure the circumstances behind it but was cetainly bizarre
    Fella that played Thirds and Rezzies is our Thirds keeper (he's absolutely class), Rezzies' keeper out injured.

"Bizarre" is certainly the correct word for it. Was one of the stupidest things I've seen on a football field and I've seen quite a few. What you saw was exactly what happened, no back story to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Huge questions being asked this week such as "will Butch actually get a correct tip this weekend?" "Will Moz select multiple exotics?" and "Will Labazzle continue to climb the ladder in the Top Flight Tipping Comp?"... all this and more on this edition of Make Thirds Great Again:

Westlakes vs Jesmond: This will be a tough game. DRAW and all goals scored inside the box.

Cooks Hill vs Wallsend: Wallsend will head into this match will a spring in their step after knocking over Stockton last week. Cooks Hill on the other hand face a tough week having been beaten convincing by Azzurri and then having to back up tonight against the mighty burbs (which cooks hills will lose). The good news for CH is that they will win this match and Burbs will beat New Lambton so they will be almost guaranteed to be playing finals football this year. Cooks Hill to win. Cooks Hill Reserve Grade will score double or more goals than their third grade side.

Uni vs Stockton: Uni's result last week against Jesmond sent shock waves around the nation. Luckily they face the sharkies who have been poor to say the least this year. Uni will win this, that much is guaranteed. Uni to win, Uni will not have a goal scorer whose last name starts with a letter in the second half of the alphabet (N-Z).

Suburbs vs New Lambton: No question that burbs will win this. They will also have a minimum of three different goal scorers.

Azzurri vs Maryland: Azzurri to win. Brad Henderson to score a hat trick.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

In terms of the grade that no one cares about, my tip for the 5 game multi is that all home teams will win this week.

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - suburbs

Would like Cooks Hill to win this for the blues to get closer to the most important title in world football. But Suburbs to get back on track. 2 goals from corners in the game
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    CH vs Burbs: Draw, both teams to score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Cooks Hill v Suburbs - Cooks Hill
    This match could go either way. Cooks hill to bring their scoring boots from last week.
    - CH to score first and last goal
    Just a quick reminder of the three punts that were put on tonights catch up match..

Just a quick reminder of the three punts that were put on tonights catch up match..
    Which will be a washout. Calling it 5 hours out from the most important grade in world football's kick off.

Which will be a washout. Calling it 5 hours out from the most important grade in world football's kick off.
    I see its raining over part of the lake, but any coming down in Newy?
    Bugger all out here in Maito.. No rain either..

This will be the round that gets me back - so strategically I'll need to go some different results to Butch for a hail mary shot.

Westlake v Jesmond - West

This is a season definer - Westlakes win this they keep up with 4th. Lose and I'm afraid it's no finals this year. Most goals scored in the second half

Cooks Hill v Wallsend - Draw

Wallsend are the form team at the moment and I'm predicting it to continue. CH with the equaliser

Uni v Stockton - Uni

Uni have been on a decline and I believe it's still Uni holidays? But Stockton have not been good of late.
    Atleast one goal from a corner

Suburbs v New Lambton - New Lambton

SHOCK OF THE ROUND!!!! New Lambton to win and there be 3+ yellow cards in the game

Azzurri v Maryland - Azzurri

La Baz to score

I see its raining over part of the lake, but any coming down in Newy?
    Bugger all out here in Maito.. No rain either..

I'm in Watt St, she's raining. Nervous for this evening now

2 goals from corners. Doubting it now

I'm in Watt St, she's raining. Nervous for this evening now
    Arrrgh sh!t..
    Where is Retro Jet to give us the Cooks Hill perspective of chance of playing?

Predictions for the new underdog grade of the battlers (First grade)
    Some games may be washed out or affected by potential existing catchup games.

Westlakes vs Jesmond - Hopefully our good home form of late can continue this weekend
    CH vs Wallsend - I think Cookers will be too good.
    Uni vs Stockton - Big game for both teams, I'm going with a draw.
    Suburb vs NL - Big game with both teams looking to make a run at finals. Tough one but will go Gardo.
    Azzurri vs Maryland - League leaders should take this one

If this rain sticks around, there will not be any games being played. How are clubs fields looking?

The home of the Cats looks good as always but even it can only take so much rain.

Could be another round of mid week catch ups. DISSAPOINTING