Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 177

Thread: 2019 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,903

    2019 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

    discussion here

  2. #2
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    24 hours old and no ones asked you if the draw is out yet.
    standards have slipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    137
    Cooks Hill Friday night A grade team looking for a keeper to come join our ranks, can promise the following:
    - craft beers after all games
    - KFC after most
    - no training requirement
    - brand new surface at national park to roll around on!
    - good bunch of lads keen to have another competitive but fun season
    Shoot a message through on here or call Lee 0412776542.

    Keen to hear from anyone else looking for an outfield run aswell.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Cooks Hill Friday night A grade team looking for a keeper to come join our ranks, can promise the following:
    - craft beers after all games
    - KFC after most
    - no training requirement
    - brand new surface at national park to roll around on!
    - good bunch of lads keen to have another competitive but fun season
    Shoot a message through on here or call Lee 0412776542.

    Keen to hear from anyone else looking for an outfield run aswell.
    Can't see the surface lasting, too much traffic.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7
    Looking at getting a team together. Have the squad, when would be a good time to go to a club to have us? all age that is.

  6. #6
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,903
    as someone who runs a club, I'd suggest as early as you possibly can

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopit View Post
    Looking at getting a team together. Have the squad, when would be a good time to go to a club to have us? all age that is.
    Clubs need to submit team to assoc by March, so you'd want to be putting out feelers last week.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,744
    South Cardiff want teams.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    293
    Just heard my club charging $435 reg for old blokes. Seems high to me for 7 home games. Are other O'35 reg in this range? Not A grade either.

  10. #10
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,903
    yep, we're at $440

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    We are at $430 for AA and O35 but $50 is potentially refundable at seasons end.

    Once you factor in all the external costs, clubs charging in the $440 range aren't taking a very big cut for themselves.

  12. #12
    Hey Sammydog

    You seem up to date on fees
    Is it cheaper for women ? Saw a Club $380 for women and $430 for Men ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    We are at $430 for AA and O35 but $50 is potentially refundable at seasons end.

    Once you factor in all the external costs, clubs charging in the $440 range aren't taking a very big cut for themselves.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    Hey Sammydog

    You seem up to date on fees
    Is it cheaper for women ? Saw a Club $380 for women and $430 for Men ?
    Since I am no longer a register I can't check but previously there was no difference on required payments to Newcastle Football, Northern and FFA.

    Defs charging their men more. And $430 and $440 is astronomical unless you are getting something more than just rego for it. Other clubs are charging well less.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Since I am no longer a register I can't check but previously there was no difference on required payments to Newcastle Football, Northern and FFA.

    Defs charging their men more. And $430 and $440 is astronomical unless you are getting something more than just rego for it. Other clubs are charging well less.
    No different payment to Association, but club might be giving men more - do they get a polo, customised strip, etc for their $430? is the different mens fee for a ZFL team ie higher ref fees?
    Maybe the women are just getting old, recycled 'club strip' on loan, so they're just getting the bare minimum rego payment - or their payment may be subsidised with sponsorship.

    Comparing rego prices for Seniors is almost as pointless as comparing Under 6s, what are the clubs giving back to the players, and what are the teams expected to pay on TOP of just the club rego?

  15. #15
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    i think the main difference in fees may be that some clubs charge less up front but sting you per week for refs (usually about $10 per player per match for avg size squad).
    Over the season they prob cost the same all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    Hey Sammydog

    You seem up to date on fees
    Is it cheaper for women ? Saw a Club $380 for women and $430 for Men ?
    That would be up to the individual club, we are big promoters of women’s football, but our fees are the same for men and women.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    No different payment to Association, but club might be giving men more - do they get a polo, customised strip, etc for their $430? is the different mens fee for a ZFL team ie higher ref fees?
    Maybe the women are just getting old, recycled 'club strip' on loan, so they're just getting the bare minimum rego payment - or their payment may be subsidised with sponsorship.

    Comparing rego prices for Seniors is almost as pointless as comparing Under 6s, what are the clubs giving back to the players, and what are the teams expected to pay on TOP of just the club rego?
    Hence why I said the cost is astronomical unless you are getting something for it.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137
    At Kurri our all age rego last season was $350 that was ref fees , shorts and socks included.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highfields
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    At Kurri our all age rego last season was $350 that was ref fees , shorts and socks included.
    That's the bomb! Ours does include refs fees only. I guess you need to be cheap with Abermain around the corner being such a desired club to play for! NOT.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14
    Got a team in Friday night D grade and was wondering if anyone was keen for a trial any time soon?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •