Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    rules state, play ineligible players you are kicked out....no questions, no appeal, nothing
    I was going on this

Failure to provide satisfactory proof may result in the Competition
    Administrator (Disciplinary) disqualifying such Player, the Team being
    removed from the Competition and the imposition of such penalties as the
    Competition Administrator (Disciplinary) deems fit.
    https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-...ION-C-2018.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    I was going on this
    they have to say MAY, but trust me, do it and your gone.....

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yep, mistake on the team's part thinking you were eligible if you turned 35 this year, rather than eligible only after you've turned 35

I'd actually advised teams that players had to be 35 on 1 January to be eligible - this was just a case of no one paying attention or checking dates of birth

lessons learned and all that - and at least it wasn't half way through the season

this is not correct

in this case the punishment is points lost and a fine

Banned
    Ok. And weve seen quote a few go in recent seasons

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    yep, mistake on the team's part thinking you were eligible if you turned 35 this year, rather than eligible only after you've turned 35

I'd actually advised teams that players had to be 35 on 1 January to be eligible - this was just a case of no one paying attention or checking dates of birth

lessons learned and all that - and at least it wasn't half way through the season
    bummer, fair enough

No, you just have to be 35 before you step on the pitch,

We had this clarified a few (many) seasons ago and had players sit out the first 4-5 rounds before they were eligible.

yep, you're able to register while 34, just not able to take the field without losing points, copping fines and generally making yourself and your club coordinator look like idiots

first time this has happened on my watch - I'll be checking from now on

I intentionally did not the club or team as I know the guy in charge would not allow it. Cookers are well run and this is not what they do.

this is not correct

in this case the punishment is points lost and a fine
    Very lucky, I know an all age womens team got ejected from their comp last season for fielding an ineligible player in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Very lucky, I know an all age womens team got ejected from their comp last season for fielding an ineligible player in one game.
    In all the cases I have seen where an underage player has been used in O35's, its been a case of losing all points in the games that player played.

Field an ineligible in player All Age, or unregistered in O35's though the penalty handed down is generally ejection from the comp.

this us quite a different situation to having a ring in take the field, which is deliberate cheating

this was an incorrect assumption by player and team manager that wasn't picked up by registrar

this us quite a different situation to having a ring in take the field, which is deliberate cheating

this was an incorrect assumption by player and team manager that wasn't picked up by registrar
    Which is how it has occurred every time I've seen an O35's team caught out with this.

Loss of points in that situation I think is far more reasonable than kicking the team out.

As you said, completely different scenario to making a conscious choice to bring in ring ins. I think the associations have the punishments correct. You are just lucky it happened so early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    In all the cases I have seen where an underage player has been used in O35's, its been a case of losing all points in the games that player played.

Field an ineligible in player All Age, or unregistered in O35's though the penalty handed down is generally ejection from the comp.
    No argument from me. I think ejection from the comp is overkill. I suppose as long as there is consistency with the application of the punishment there should be no complaints.

Can there be modifications to teams in competitions during season if a particular team is losing/winning by big margins consistently? Just trying to understand how on earth grading is done and if there are attempts to even it out during season?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty and the Jets View Post
    Can there be modifications to teams in competitions during season if a particular team is losing/winning by big margins consistently? Just trying to understand how on earth grading is done and if there are attempts to even it out during season?
    Nope, once you are in a grade, that's where you stay for the season.

My gripe with gradings is that no team should be able to nominate for a grade, it should all be based on the preceding seasons results. Top two teams up, bottom two down. Everyone else stays where they are.

If your team has a big roster change, then you should be able to state a case for a grade, but the problems we have with grades at the moment are with clubs/teams being able to nominate grades and not being honest.

Nope, once you are in a grade, that's where you stay for the season.

My gripe with gradings is that no team should be able to nominate for a grade, it should all be based on the preceding seasons results. Top two teams up, bottom two down. Everyone else stays where they are.

If your team has a big roster change, then you should be able to state a case for a grade, but the problems we have with grades at the moment are with clubs/teams being able to nominate grades and not being honest.
    Yeah that makes no sense. Surely something can be flagged in registration (since it's all online and you can see your past teams/comps).

Quote Originally Posted by Betty and the Jets View Post
    Yeah that makes no sense. Surely something can be flagged in registration (since it's all online and you can see your past teams/comps).
    From the information I was told they do actually try and review player history after nomination.

However trying to correlate player history for so many clubs, plus the addition of new teams, new players etc would be bloody impossible to get right.

Half of our team this year have never strapped a boot on before, but we have a couple of blokes 35-38 years old that are quick and fit that is compensating quite well for their lack of footballing background.

Also already this year I have seen some average overall teams with one or two very strong players that can have a huge influence on a match.

Back to the eligibility conversation, I could be wrong but from what I understand if a player (from the same club obviously) fills for an all age team that isn’t their regular team, their regular all age team cannot be in a higher grade?

If this is correct, how does this work if the fill in player usually plays in the Friday night competition where the grades only goes to L, where the Saturday competitions have more grades?
    Is there more flexibility given there is a higher chance the fill in player will be in a higher grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Giges View Post
    Back to the eligibility conversation, I could be wrong but from what I understand if a player (from the same club obviously) fills for an all age team that isn’t their regular team, their regular all age team cannot be in a higher grade?

If this is correct, how does this work if the fill in player usually plays in the Friday night competition where the grades only goes to L, where the Saturday competitions have more grades?
    Is there more flexibility given there is a higher chance the fill in player will be in a higher grade?
    Irrespective of Friday or Saturday, you can not play back a grade. So E Grade Friday could not play F Grade Saturday.

An A grade O35 player can not play B Grade All Age.

Irrespective of Friday or Saturday, you can not play back a grade. So E Grade Friday could not play F Grade Saturday.

An A grade O35 player can not play B Grade All Age.
    That's stumped me sammydog. My understanding was O'35 is considered the lowest "division" and no matter the grade of O'35 you play you can play for any AA team.