Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 ACL Qualifying | Kashima Antlers v Newcastle Jets | Tue 17th Feb 2019 2100

Kanta **** up leads to a goal

Well i think we can safely close any threads about Jets players getting offers to play in Asia.

Vargas goes off and going forward we went to s$/t

Well that was a good football lesson for many of our players, especially the ones with international ambitions. Has to be put in perspective though: let's not forget 3 of their players earn more than our entire team. And that's because they are good.

Hope it doesn't deflate them for Sunday

Can someone explain what Ridenton does for this team? What the **** does merrick see in this bloke?

TBH I think we will see how much our local standard has dropped when we see SFC and Victory in action.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    if you get a chance go read about Japans 100 year vision they implemented in the early 90's.
    Its now almost 30 years in, and they are ticking a lot of the boxes they set out to do.

what they are doing is no easy fix, they dont have a 'golden generation' they demand, and are set up to make each generation better than the last.

do you think any of the self centered plonkers in Australian football would even have the intelligence to think up, let alone agree on, even a 100 DAY plan.

the australian culture isnt set up for visions like this in anything we do. we are like the americans and its all sugar hits. if youve been to Japan (and a lot of Asian countries) you'll understand what im talking about.
    Agree 100%

Merrick got formation tactics and subs wrong tonight

We had as much chance winning this as Kashima would against a big Euro club.

People need to be reasonable in their expectations.

Not happy with a few things sure but nothing could have been done to change the result.

Justice prevailed and Kashima won easily.

Referee tonight was a level above tonight as well. Thought he was great.

Dimi has not been worth two bob all season. Did not being selected by that Gypo Arnie mess with his head?, i don't know but nonetheless if he is one of our higher earners then his remuneration needs to be revisited. Honestly the bloke is riding on the plaudits of season 17/18 and noting from this season. Everything from his general and very predictable turn back and then inside taking 50 touches to his abysmal set pieces. Ernie keeps banging on about how is being double marked out of the game, Crap from Ernie Dimi has just become very predictable.

Johnny K and Kanta were horrible tonight. I get Johnny K has been through a lot however like last season he is terribly inconsistent and you just don't know what Johnny is going to turn up ie GF. Same can be said for Kanta which is really disappointing given his vast experience. If anything he should have been one of the rocks tonight but he was a dead set deer in the headlights and will be lucky to start our next game. In actual fact in his suit in the stands should be his speed for the next few weeks and provide Cowby with a greater opportunity.

Out of curiosity, would we have come up against whichever Japanese team did what Kashima did. Or was there random potential to play like a Korean or UAE or other nation team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    TBH I think we will see how much our local standard has dropped when we see SFC and Victory in action.
    I think you are absolutely right and what we will see is just how bad the standard of the A League really is. Tis a league with too many average players running around in it making a living from it.

It’s believed that Vargas has injured his groin or leg.

Meh, we all knew we we would lose the game. Hopefully the bad performances by some were just nerves at playing in Asia. Who are we losing to this weekend again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We had as much chance winning this as Kashima would against a big Euro club.

People need to be reasonable in their expectations.

Not happy with a few things sure but nothing could have been done to change the result.

Justice prevailed and Kashima won easily.

Referee tonight was a level above tonight as well. Thought he was great.
    This

the sad part about it is that this Abe kid looks the business but mongs back here would have you think Arzani is on a similar level.
    Agreed, only mongs would rate Arzani that low.
    OK

Honestly surprised Ernie didn't put Georgie on the right to take on Abe. JohnnyK was getting it handed to him by the bloke all night. Whether Johnny got moved to the left or replaced by Vujica, I dunno, I figured Ernie would have addressed that issue earlier (slash at all).
    OK

Man we do a good job of saying "wow these people are so much better than us" then go home and sit on our hands.

The past few years of ACL campaigns and the nation team should provoke an absolute outrage from football head honchos yet we all seem to be "well Arzani is injured and Arnold is a great man manager".

It really is pathetic sometimes how low we set our bar.............and still always seem unable to reach it.

Man we do a good job of saying "wow these people are so much better than us" then go home and sit on our hands.

The past few years of ACL campaigns and the nation team should provoke an absolute outrage from football head honchos yet we all seem to be "well Arzani is injured and Arnold is a great man manager".

It really is pathetic sometimes how low we set our bar.............and still always seem unable to reach it.
    Don't even get me started on the state of Sumo Wrestling in Australia.