Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 22 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners | Sat 16 Mar 2019 1735

Classic situation in sport: just because you're the "best" team, you give your 60% because, you know, you will win somehow, someone will score, something will happen...
    Then things go wrong, your opponents (as bad as they can be) are giving 110% and you start showing some urgency when it's too late.
    Showing interest for 20 mins is not good enough. We don't deserve to play finals football. Embarrassing.

True....lets be honest. Even if we got the draw it was 2 vital points dropped.

Anything less than four nil against the Gypos is a loss in my book.
    We had defensive issues and the Gypo's managed to exploit them on three occasions.

Bottom line is we have no excuses for the shit show we put on tonight.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-03-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Tonight made me more angry then the GF loss

the 3rd goal was reason enough to sack the coach, the CEO and ring Middleby up and sack him again just for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Two games at home this season are real standouts for all the wrong reasons for mine. The Nix game and this one were really disappointing and leave you wondering just how these players mentally prepare for a game. This team is a dead set Jekyll and Hyde mob this season capable of some great entertaining football and then they put in efforts like they did in those two games.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    absolute banana skin, nailed on to lose this, i will be betting up the gypos until i get a nosebleed
    hope you all got on at the juicy juicy 8s

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Tonight made me more angry then the GF loss
    Absolutely...
    I had no illusions that we would ever play finals football this year, but I didn't want to lose to the fvcking gypos..
    Surely a lot of us have been around long enough to know it was coming. These are the games we fvck up. I heard people before the game going "Oh we will win with double figures".. Fvck me, don't you know this club??..

I wish we HAD just lost 3-0... I could handle just being cranky about a shithouse performance..
    But to then have hope and to miss the way we did..

As someone said, we've only got ourselves to blame.

i'll tell you what this adds some fire to this derby thats been lost lately, next season if we dont go out there and **** them up i'll be pissed

Banned
    Dont even worry.

Just means they push the VB long neck with a blow fly in a couple extra inches.

anyone who didnt realise we were toast the second that lame ass single jet flyover happened needs to go read up on the Jets history.
    Gypo Middleby has finally succeeded in embarrassing us with the same kind of penny pinching bullshit he made famous down in scumland.
    easliy the darkest day in the clubs existence yesterday. what a joke that bloke is.

If Mr Lee isnt already sending in the troops to get that wanker to clear out his desk then he can go get ****ed too.

imagine being the club that only gets a single Jet flyover.
    what a joke.

Looking forward to next years yellow and blue strip and the team changing its name to North Gosford Jets.
    everyone in the clubs front office needs to be sacked.

then fold the whole damn thing.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

What jet???

Like many others we took up King Gypos offer of sitting in the Upper Griffiths Stand to get out of the rain.

Heard alot of noise but saw no jet.

I can't find any details on when the 5 yellow cards equating to a week off is extended (if it is - because it was last year around this time), however Boogaard's booking was his 5th this season so he will be getting a rest next match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I can't find any details on when the 5 yellow cards equating to a week off is extended (if it is - because it was last year around this time), however Boogaard's booking was his 5th this season so he will be getting a rest next match.
    2nd Best news to come out of this game.

The first being finals football is now not happening again and we are back to where we should be.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I can and can't believe we lost that on the weekend. Something is troubling me about the team, and that's their ability to step up and deliver when the pressure is on. We need a result yet we don't turn up when.

Don't get me wrong, we turn up on occasions and we create a chance to get a big result the following week but when it's critical we seem to struggle. Last weekend, Adelaide Rd 20, Nix Rd 18,

I think the Nix are clear, City are on the verge of it because they picked up 3 points I didn't expect them too. It's just Adelaide - and the draw against them in Round 20 is going to prove costly.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

When you have an owner / boss looking to cut costs everywhere they can it destroys worker / player morale.

It doesn't make people play harder / better - it makes them depressed.

Martin Lee needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    When you have an owner / boss looking to cut costs everywhere they can it destroys worker / player morale.

It doesn't make people play harder / better - it makes them depressed.

Martin Lee needs to go.
    Are we certain that's happening? What are some examples locally, because other than the article claiming he was in trouble due to the America/Chain trade and selling Shenzen I can't site any others.

Yes, Lawrie has said he's committed to the club and that it affects him overseas (as you expect it would) but I'm happy to be corrected.

Are we certain that's happening? What are some examples locally, because other than the article claiming he was in trouble due to the America/Chain trade and selling Shenzen I can't site any others.

Yes, Lawrie has said he's committed to the club and that it affects him overseas (as you expect it would) but I'm happy to be corrected.
    Add in no longer naming sponsor or Portuguese 2nd Division, recent jets signings being downgrades rather than upgrades in player skill ... and so on.

We had a chance to bring in a replacement for Nabbout / McGree but instead of going for someone proven - we rolled the dice on a player that's been out of sorts with a former club, and another that's been out of form for several years and doing poorly in an inferior league [Chinese 2nd Division].

There's absolutely nothing happening to prove that the ship isn't sinking.

The real test will be what we do with Vargas and O'Donovan. I'd be shocked if we offered their replacement as much coin let alone more.

Instead, they will be replaced with cheaper options and most likely less talented ones as well.

Are we certain that's happening? What are some examples locally
    errrrr, how many Jets you count up in the sky on Saturday boss?

wouldnt shock me if the Gypo redesigned our badge to only have one jet next season so he can keep skimping on the flybys.

Lee out, discrace.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, this 'share price' excuse.
    Ledmans company peaked in April 2016, (roughly 2 months before buying the Jets) and has been on the decline since then.
    This #fakenews 'Trump' issue is just some bullshit that his lackies (i.e. Gypo CEO) have used as s smokescreen.
    Its also about 25% up from 12 months ago, when everything seemed to be fine fine and ok.

any one of you that believes a word out of that Gypos mouth is a fool.
    Seems like I am WRONG