Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is the Emerging Jets Program working?

So with Hoole, was he EJ then went to Magic or was he playing for Magic while part of the EJ or something?
    didnt he go straight from Magic to senior Jets?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    He played first year with the Jets in the NPL

Took another year and a half before he got a run in the HAL

The first season I wouldn't say it was much of a program of development at that stage

We had James Virgili Connor Chapman Sam Gallaway and Jacob Pepper playing and all had been playing HAL with Jets already

Jack Duncan had played in the HAL when BK got knocked out by Elrich one day

The rest of the side was Luke Remington Kale Dino Faj Mason Campbell and a young Nick Cowburn

So at the time they had a pretty fair side which we haven't really got close to seeing since at that level

I also pretty certain that Mitch Cooper played with them that year before getting injured and I also suspect Josh Brillante had a run at one point

The development was that GVE used the team to push players along to HAL level

The first season I wouldn't say it was much of a program of development at that stage
    We had James Virgili Connor Chapman Sam Gallaway and Jacob Pepper playing and all had been playing HAL with Jets already
    The rest of the side was Luke Remington Kale Dino Faj Mason Campbell and a young Nick Cowburn
    So at the time they had a pretty fair side which we haven't really got close to seeing since at that level
    I also pretty certain that Mitch Cooper played with them that year before getting injured and I also suspect Josh Brillante had a run at one point

Most of these guys are still in town. Decent players but the ones tested at Aleague level havent made it. That's not really good enough for academy players. Maybe this Sydney gig will have some influential scouts looking at them.

I wonder if the coaching is always what it needs to be.

When do Jets boys team start? I see Emerging Jets u10 girls now. Boys u12 or u13?

And do kids in northern TSP all go to Jets, or do they have open trials?

Any of these players doing coaching badges? Be good to have current/ recent pros giving back to kids in community sap or youth soccer

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    When do Jets boys team start? I see Emerging Jets u10 girls now. Boys u12 or u13?

And do kids in northern TSP all go to Jets, or do they have open trials?
    From next year it is U13’s. They are joining Sydney NPL and will be playing in the correct age group.

I’m not sure on the below, but NNSW run TSP whilst the Jets run themselves. I would assume they watch the games at 12’s NET/SAP and send their own invitations to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I would assume they watch the games at 12’s NET/SAP and send their own invitations to trial.
    so Jets also keeping a eye on NET? that's good. Some good kids playing in that comp whose parents probably cant afford SAP. good to know those kids might also get a chance.

that said, ain't jets fees like $3000???

It isn’t working because they aren’t charging the kids enough money. More money is the answer.